Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

Micanopy speed trap

Discussion in 'GatorTail Pub' started by red4512, Jan 30, 2019.

1. red4512

red4512 Premium Member

Mar 4, 2010
    Went thru G-ville and Micanopy last Sat on the way to WDW and sure enough there were 2 'revenue collectors' on I-75 in state trooper cars handing out tickets by Payne's Priarie. Amazing how it's been that way since I went to UF 2 decades ago. And when I returned on Tues,which was a rainy day; I didnt seen one from Wildwood all the way to the state line.

2. ufMIB

ufMIB All American

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    they are always there. Also since the big wreck a few weeks back there is more police presence between 39th exit and the Santa Fe River. Last week there were about 6 motorcycle FHP pulling people over and this morning there were a few FHP chargers gunning. The previous few years there was never really any. Another consistent spot is northbound just south of Lake City around MM 421 south of SR 47, usually one or two there off and on throughout the day. Usually not much presence north of I-10 on 75.

I-75 becomes a race track southbound once you leave Georgia since there seems to be a cop in GA every couple miles. After new years I drove south from Tifton back to Gainesville with cruise set on 79, only one person passed me to the state line. Once in Florida was getting passed in droves.

I-10 Madison County usually has a pretty good presence of FHP and County Sheriff. Not sure if they still have the unmarked Tahoes with out of state tags and family stickers on them pulling people over.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. gatorjjh

gatorjjh A Gator with a Glass half full attitude Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    I drive that stretch 4 or 5 times a week
    They have been back in their usual spots, just south of the prairie and just south of the Micanopy exit, sometimes on either side N & S when events are on tap

4. WhattaGator

WhattaGator "Where's The Beef"?? (Or the crabcakes, etc.)... VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

They've been there, and at the well advertised (billboards) town of Walcott for years.