Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

(MERGED) NBA Western Conference Finals Rockets v. Warriors Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by harnettgator, May 16, 2018.

1. cincinnatigator

cincinnatigator GC Hall of Fame

Mar 5, 2017
    I’m wondering why Draymond continues shooting 3-pointers when he’s one of the worst I’ve seen.

2. cincinnatigator

Mar 5, 2017
    Different team without Iguodala. If I’m Kerr I put in McGee over bum Nick Young.

3. harnettgator

harnettgator Moderator VIP Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Well yeah, and plus he's got that nifty yellow headband which gives McGee the clear advantage over Young.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. cincinnatigator

Mar 5, 2017
    Houston is imploding.

5. cincinnatigator

Mar 5, 2017
    That thought escaped me somehow, good catch.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. SportsPsychGator

SportsPsychGator VIP Member

Jun 9, 2017
    Ft Bragg, NC
    Nice dish by Steph

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. harnettgator

Nov 25, 2013
    Great game by Steph.
    Meanwhile this just happened IRL....thanks @Efawcett7

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. harnettgator

Nov 25, 2013
    And with the GSWs' shooting gone cold and their lead down to just 3, I think Steph has had enuff rest!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. harnettgator

Nov 25, 2013
    quite the playoff basketball game

10. harnettgator

Nov 25, 2013
    Ws' shooting pretty cold in the 4th

11. cincinnatigator

Mar 5, 2017
    Kerr’s stubborn. McGee should’ve gotten minutes over Swaggy P (I hate even having to type that name). Houston is getting what they want on every possession and GS isn’t adjusting. No rim protection.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. BigIgator25

BigIgator25 Premium Member

Oct 6, 2012
    not a fan of either team, but the whistles sure have been one sided all night to me. It is like the league wants this series to go 7. The Warriors get no respect driving to the hole compared to the Rockets. I have to admit the first game I have watched, not much of an NBA fan

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. cincinnatigator

Mar 5, 2017
    Golden State blew it really. Up by 12+ twice and didn’t put them away. Lack of focus with big leads. I have no idea why McGee didn’t come off the bench to provide interior defense.

14. regurgigator

regurgigator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Seattle area
    Since GS obtained Durant my prediction has been that they will win the championship for the next few years as long as the roster stays intact (specifically Durant, Curry, Thompson & Green) and healthy.

But, I would love to be proven wrong!!! Go Rockets! (or Celtics or Cavs)

15. ArtVandelay

ArtVandelay GC Hall of Fame

Dec 19, 2011
    South Florida
    Not having #9 out there really hurt them. As good as the rest of the Hampton 5 is, they still need Iggy.

They should have won the game and that would have put away the Rockets for the most part. I still expect them to win the series, but it's a dogfight now.

16. harnettgator

Nov 25, 2013
    Interesting take, regurgigator, and it's a fascinating discussion topic - the whole issue of super teams and whether or not we as fans enjoy or even prefer watching dominant legacy-type teams. Personally, I love it as long as there are worthy challengers who make the championship competitions intriguing to watch (and not a foregone conclusion).

Check out this discussion from PTI last year (June 2017) immediately following GSW's last Title win:

17. rserina

rserina VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Ringwood, NJ
    Defending the rim was hardly Golden State's problem. Houston was 18-39 on 2s. GS also outscored them in the paint and whipped them on the glass. Their real problem was being unable to beat Houston to the rim off their switches. Negative assist-turnover ratio. McGee would not have done much with that. Maybe a couple of rim runs or something.

But they really missed Iquodala. He calms them down so much in the half court, helps them get into their sets (Green is great pushing it in transition, but not nearly as good running the ball screens or motion stuff), makes good passes to cutters and moves well himself. Takes care of the ball and creates for others. Their defense was fine. Their offense really faltered in the second and fourth quarters.

18. cincinnatigator

Mar 5, 2017
    Playing a true center does much more than just alter your opponent’s 2-point field goal percentage, I can explain it if you're interested. Draymond should be guarding Tucker instead of Capela if Iguodala is going to be out because Tucker can outmuscle everyone else. That means you need either McGee/Pachulia guarding Capela. You had Looney wasting 26 minutes and Nick Young wasting 13 minutes. I don’t know what Kerr is trying to accomplish but playing this extreme small ball only feeds into Houston’s advantage.

19. harnettgator

Nov 25, 2013
    So in case anyone wondered what's happening with the NBA Conference Finals game discussion threads - I made a very non-executive decision to merge all existing threads into 2 separate discussion threads for each Conference in order to avoid confusion for all. Big thanks to @CASontag to inadvertently suggesting the idea.

• Like Like x 1
  20. ArtVandelay

ArtVandelay GC Hall of Fame

Dec 19, 2011
    South Florida
    I still think the Dub's can win, but it will be really tough to win Game 7. I don't see them doing it without Iguodala. I think the series would be over if he doesn't miss any time.

• Agree Agree x 1