Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

(Merged) NBA Eastern Conference Finals Cleveland Cavaliers v. Boston Celtics Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by harnettgator, May 13, 2018.

1. ArtVandelay

ArtVandelay GC Hall of Fame

Dec 19, 2011
    South Florida
    Looks like I was half right. Very surprised that the Celtics played pretty bad the last half of this series. Hard to bet against LeBron though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. harnettgator

harnettgator Moderator VIP Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Completely agree with you Davis! Tatum has been arguably the most productive of the top 5 picks from last year's lottery. I can't wait to see how his career plays out, barring major injury. Tatum absolutely earned his spot on the NBA's First Team All Rookie list this year IMO.

In this series JT had an incredibly difficult (maybe impossible) job for a rookie, going up against the best SF of all time. By the way - Tatum gives up 45lb. to LBJ and that's according to the official stats (I'm not sure Jayson Tatum actually weighs 205lb. IRL). Plus, LeBron always got the benefit of the doubt from the refs as the long-time All-Star and Veteran. That's probably fine, but it made it even harder on Tatum to defend him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    No disrespect to Al or Tatum or Jaylen Brown. But none of them are must-watch superstars like Bron, Curry, Durant, Harden, CP3, Anthony Davis etc

4. cincinnatigator

cincinnatigator GC Hall of Fame

Mar 5, 2017
    Calling them no-names was disrespectful lol.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. harnettgator

harnettgator Moderator VIP Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Fair enough. Appreciate the clarification. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. gtr2x

gtr2x GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    Don't see why Chris paul deserves a ring any more than anybody else.

7. Orangeandblue15

Orangeandblue15 Junior

Jan 2, 2014
    Great guy, loyal to his franchises, and one of the best if not the best PG in the league for the last 10 years. If you can't root for a guy like that to get a ring, there's something wrong with you. If he were to pull a KD he would've just joined with Lebron and got a free one years ago.

8. gtr2x

gtr2x GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    Woah, I get it, ur his fan, doesnt mean the rest of us have to be. I'm pretty indifferent on the guy, was just curious. The star pg on several very talented teams yet not much to show for it in post season.

As for your lbj and kd comparison, ive never bought into the hate. Paul forced his way out of the clippers to a better team so he could try to win a title just like lbj/kd did. The only difference is lbj and kd are more talented.

9. Orangeandblue15

Orangeandblue15 Junior

Jan 2, 2014
    I'm just a fan of guys who do it the right way. He didn't leave his teams high and dry. He asked to be traded and got his old teams players and picks in return. He is a very talented player and good guy, just think he deserves one ring in his very impressive career. Kd on the other hand left a team in OKC who made it to the WCF finals and lost to the Warriors (eventual champions) in 7 so he just goes and joined them in free agency. Classless and spineless in my opinion.