Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Father's Day is coming.... Give your Dad a gift he’ll appreciate all year long and save up to $20!

This year, for a limited time and in limited quantities, you can take advantage of our Father's Day Special package and get a discount on top of it. This special won't be around long, so here's how to jump on it now -- click here for details!

Mens SEC tournament

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by missourigator, Mar 5, 2021.

1. missourigator

missourigator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    If we lose to Tenn and Missouri beats LSU then our we fifth since Mizzou has the tie breaker and we will both be 9-7?

2. jareduf

jareduf GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Bala Cynwyd, PA
    Actually under that scenario we fall to 6th. LSU would be 10-7, Tenn would be 10-7 so they would each get the double bye. Gators and Missouri would be tied so Gators fall to the 6 seed.

Only way for the Gators to get the double bye is to beat Tenn.

If we lose to Tenn and LSU wins the Gators are the 5th seed.

Lose to Tenn and Missouri beats LSU, then the Gators fall to 6th based on losing the head to head tiebreaker against Missouri.

Fall to 6 seed and will probably have to play South Carolina which would be a very dangerous game for the Gators and would be at risk of ending the season losing 3 straight. This could possibly put the Gators in the first four or at least have a poor seed. Maybe even send the Gators to bubbleville.

The 5 seed will play the winner of the A&M-Vandy game. No game for the Gators is easy but Martin really seems to give Mike White trouble regardless of records.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. twodaparty

twodaparty GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Well that’s because he’s a better basketball coach than Mike White.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  4. Bazza

Bazza GC Hall of Fame

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    Screen_Shot_2017_10_22_at_11.15.16_AM.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Well that was uplifting

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. gatorntuscaloosa

gatorntuscaloosa Premium Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Does it really matter, honestly ? This team has the potential of winning OR losing against whoever they play. They also seem to have a ceiling of winning no more than two games in a row. So they ‘might’ win enough to be included amongst the 68 teams that ‘dance’, or they might flame out. Who knows ? But that is this teams primary characteristic . So it is what it is.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  7. Brewski

Brewski Premium Member

Oct 13, 2011
    He’s really killing it at Mizzu. One trip to the dance (loss in the first round), a couple of losing seasons. Yeah, I’d much rather have him as a coach....

Go get a guy UT ran off...,strange comment man.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  8. 1955Gator

1955Gator Sophomore

Sep 6, 2007
    Tampa
    The reference was to Frank Martin at USC

9. HallGator

HallGator Senile Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Outer Limits
    We won 3 games in a row to start the season: Army, BC, and Stetson. In the next we were leading at FSU when Key went down

We won 4 in a row which included Tenn who was ranked, UGA, Vandy, and @#11 W. Va

We also won 3 in a row which included UGA, @Auburn, and @ UK.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Brewski

Brewski Premium Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Ahh, the 6-13 Frank Martin not making the Dance this year? Got it.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  11. miloappis

miloappis Sophomore

Mar 19, 2018
    Except for one season, Frank Martin is just not that impressive.

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. maxgator

maxgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    He is scarier than MW for sure!

13. oneatatime

oneatatime GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    With Missouri's loss vs LSU, i think tomorrow's game will determine the 4th and 5th seeds

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. jareduf

jareduf GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Bala Cynwyd, PA
    Winner of Fla-Tenn game tomorrow gets the 4 seed and the double bye. Loser gets the 5 seed and will play the winner of Vandy-Texas A&M 2:00 Thursday. Auburn is banned from post season play so there is no 14 seed in the SEC tournament this year.

The quarterfinal game of the 4 seed vs the winner of the 5 vs 12/13 seed will be Friday at 2:30. Therefore, there is a good chance Florida and Tenn will play again on Friday if the loser takes care of business on Thursday.

A loss tomorrow for the Gators would make Thursday's game a must win or will have 3 straight losses and may have to sweat out Selection Sunday. Hope the Gators find a way to pull off the upset tomorrow and end any possible suspense for Selection Sunday.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  15. UFGator402

UFGator402 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Gators are comfortably in no matter what happens, there is absolutely no sweating selection Sunday. Hopefully we can make a decent run and improve seeding.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  16. oneatatime

oneatatime GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    If we lose Sunday and on Thursday to the 12/13 seed, I will be sweating out Selection Sunday, especially if Ole Miss springs a few upsets.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  17. gatorntuscaloosa

gatorntuscaloosa Premium Member

Nov 23, 2012
    I stand corrected and thank you. But since I did not say three in a row against what truly is (in THIS given season) quality opposition (who’d a ever thought we’d be referencing UK as non quality ?? :eek:) , we won’t talk about the actual quality of those wins. That W Va wins seems to have been the best of the bunch.
    But you are right, they managed it. It just hasn’t felt like it. Losing Key was huge, yet we still have two Mcd’s All American types in Mann and Lewis on team. Should he manage to keep both of them (which I do not expect Mann to stay) AND Key is able to return at full capacity, I would think that three to four game win streaks would be the norm not an exception. Anything less will be a reflection on leadership.