Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Mens BB predictions

Discussion in 'Nuttin but Net' started by Gatorhead, Jul 20, 2021.

1. jeffphillips21

jeffphillips21 GC Hall of Fame

Jun 20, 2009
    Vancouver
    We may or may not get 20 wins this year, but one thing is for certain - this will have Mike White's stamp on it more than any other team. It's like he hand-picked a bunch of mid-major warriors, guys with grit that want to prove themselves at this level. Not unlike White himself

It could be a big success or we could find out why these guys spent their college careers outside the Power 5. Personally I think this team is going to be a lot more fun to watch than the last few seasons, as there seems to be more ballers than prima donnas on this squad - at least it would appear that way based on their play before they arrived here

We will truly get to see whether White is fit to coach in the SEC (though I know most posters have already made up their minds) or if he's out of his league. I'm hoping for the former, but fear the latter

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. GatorLurker

GatorLurker GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Replace White with Kruger and it sounds like the 1994 team.

I hope they do as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. number1

number1 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 9, 2011
    19-12 Regular Season
    1-1 SEC Tournament
    1-1 NCAA Tournament

21-14

I've learned to never get my hopes up for a good season with Coach White. They'll have stretches of looking solid followed by head-scratching stretches of looking lost. I think once again we'll be watching a team backing its way into the tournament and will be done on the 1st weekend again.

I am very, very concerned about our post depth. With Covid, injuries, and foul trouble looming around every corner, this could cause some issues.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. number1

number1 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 9, 2011
    Is winning 20 games really that impressive? The team can win 20+ games and still lose 14+ games depending on how many postseason games they win. lol

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. melrosemafia

melrosemafia All American

Sep 1, 2021
    Melrose
    White Fan here. Think we will have a good year. If we did not lose KJ would have been a elite 8 team.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. potomacgator

potomacgator GC Legend

Apr 8, 2007
    Note that 2 of the 4 transfers this year come from Power 5 schools-Jones from Penn State and Felder from Boston College.

7. g8wayg8r

g8wayg8r GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    St Charles, MO
    My latest prediction is that this team will be an order of magnitude more disiplined than the Gator Football defense could ever dream to be. How many more playing minutes would one of CMWs players get after throwing a shoe across the court or fouling someone after being told no foul? What is it about football players and silly play not mattering.

8. bullish

bullish GC Hall of Fame

Nov 14, 2010
    Are you predicting regular season wins only?

9. tampajack1

tampajack1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    21-10 would be a decent regular season. Below 21-10 would be bad. Above 21-10 would be good. How do I get there? We have 7 laughers: Elon, Milwaukee, Troy, Texas Southern, North Florida and Stony Brook (all in Gainesville) and USF in the Orange Bowl Classic. We need to win all
    7 of those games. The rest of the non-conference schedule is FSU in Gainesville, California in Ft Myers, Ohio State or Seton Hall in Ft Myers, Oklahoma on the road, Maryland in Brooklyn, and Oklahoma State at home. We need to at least split those 6 games. That would give us a 10-3 non-conference record. If we then go 11-7 in the conference, that would make us 21-10 going into the post-season. That’s not great, and it probably doesn’t put us in the top-25, but it’s not bad.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. GatorLurker

GatorLurker GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Channeling @tupacbiff wherever he is: We sweep Kentucky

• Funny Funny x 2