Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Men Atop Standings at SEC Indoor Championships

Discussion in 'Alligator Alley (other sports)' started by gatorjjh, Feb 25, 2018.

1. gatorjjh

gatorjjh A Gator with a Glass half full attitude Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    Cameron Wins Shot Put; Gators’ Men Atop Standings at SEC Indoor Championships
    “I’m just proud of the program as a whole. Nobody put the uniform on and laid down." --Mike Holloway, Head Coach
    By Zach Dirlam UF

COLLEGE STATION, Texas – Florida's men totaled 30.5 points to seize the team lead, while Lloydricia Cameron's shot put title headlined a 29-point performance by the Gators' women, putting them third overall after Saturday's opening night of SEC Indoor Championships.

Cameron entered her sixth and final attempt in third place, but broke through with a throw of 17.65 meters (57 feet, 11 inches), an 18-centimeter personal record. The Miami, Fla. native's mark held off Ole Miss' Janaeah Stewart by two centimeters. Cameron's mark also tied the No. 4-ranked mark on the program's All-Time Indoor Top 10.

HEARING OUT (COACH) HOLLOWAY
    Head coach Mike Holloway on his overall assessment of the men's day…
    "If you asked me before the today, would I be happy if we had 30 points after the first day? I'd tell you yes. We had a great day on the men's side. Did we have some snafus? Yes. The long jump didn't go the way we wanted to. But the high jump was better, the weight throw was better, we qualified great. We just have to come in here tomorrow and, in a couple situations, turn up the intensity a little bit. It's going to be live in here tomorrow, and we've got to join the party."

[​IMG]
    read the rest at: http://floridagators.com/news/2018/...op-standings-at-sec-indoor-championships.aspx

2. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Men finished 3rd, women 6th (though 4-6 were really tight).

Finally saw Sani Brown run, got a bad start but still earned some points for us.

Alabama won the men’s though, pretty surprising,