Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Meanwhile back on the Korean Peninsula

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by VAg8r1, May 15, 2018.

1. finorman

finorman GC Legend

Jan 30, 2009
    Orlando
    Trump got played? So your contention is that if Hilary had been elected they wouldn't have tested? That is magical thinking.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. wgbgator

wgbgator Very Stable Genius Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Geo-hell
    That people aren't giving you the proper satisfaction that Trump is a master statesman is your problem, not ours. Sorry we cant give you the emotional support you so clearly need. The need for validation is incredibly transparent and sad.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  3. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    That is a pretty high bar there for a possibly canceled summit... here is an honest quote from a poster I regularly, but not always, agree with:

• Like Like x 1
  4. PerSeGator

PerSeGator GC Legend

Jun 14, 2014
    Is it your contention that if Hillary had been elected NK wouldn't be willing to come to the table? Notwithstanding Trump's childish twitter temper tantrums, it's abundantly clear that NK's strategy was to complete their nuclear and ICBM programs and then negotiate from a position of strength.

Let's see what they want before declaring victory.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. finorman

finorman GC Legend

Jan 30, 2009
    Orlando
    That’s predictable, now you feel like you need to attack me personally I must have struck a nerve.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. finorman

finorman GC Legend

Jan 30, 2009
    Orlando
    I’m not declaring a victory for anyone, other than the 4 freed Americans. And Hillary has had ample opportunity to fix the problem... I’ll remind you she was SoS while the NK made their greatest gains.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. finorman

finorman GC Legend

Jan 30, 2009
    Orlando
    Do you think if we asked the parents of the freed prisoners they would agree that it’s well played?

If it was such an easy task why didn’t prior administrations accomplish this task?

Was it a layup or a slam dunk?

I’m not asking you to be a Trump fan, I’m just pointing out that no matter how much you hate him personally, you should be pulling for him, because it sounds like we want the same thing.

In the interest of fairness, those that close minded should be willing to give credit where credit is due.

8. G. Gordon Gator

G. Gordon Gator GC Hall of Fame

May 3, 2017
    ...and President Trump has listened. The only "concession" he made in exchange for Kim coming to the table to discuss de-nuclearization was to put those joint US-SK exercises on hold for the time being.

If anybody wants to get a message to the President, let me know and I'll consider including it in my next memo. :)

9. Minister_of_Information

Minister_of_Information Under budget & ahead of schedule Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Mar-A-Lago
  10. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    In case I missed the news, when do the on-site inspections of the North Korean nuclear facilities begin?

History repeating itself? From 2008.
    Bush's North Korea Capitulation
    Interestingly the column was written by John Bolton. Not a fan of Bolton, but it's safe to assume that Trump didn't consult with him prior to his recent announcement.

Quote from Bush when he lifted the sanctions then in place against NK. Interestingly Bush didn't grovel to the North Koreans to the extent that Trump has.
    BBC NEWS | Americas | George Bush North Korea statement

Unless I also missed it, unlike Bush, Trump didn't express concerns about North Korea's human rights violations or even the possibility that North Korea could continue its program. Trump essentially accepted Kim's representations on their face. As Ronald Reagan said "Trust but verify". Where is the verification?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018