Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Mayor Lori Lightfoot’s Chicago Sees 139 Percent Increase in Murder

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by flgator2, Aug 1, 2020.

1. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Yeah, everyone knows that BLM was a protest movement to address the disparity between how some cops treat encounters with Black people differently than with White people. The reason it's limited in name to "Black Lives" is because that problem doesn't exist for "White Lives". Being "Willfully obtuse" is nicer way of saying it than I'd give them credit.

• Winner Winner x 2
  2. emmitt22

emmitt22 Sophomore

Jul 25, 2020
  3. mutz87

mutz87 #restinpowerrbg VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    For some it's def not only willfully obtuse but coming from the very place that people want to deny the existence.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. LouisvilleGator

LouisvilleGator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 16, 2012
    Meh, that's sweeping a very glaring issue under the rug. If you know anything about Communist views, you'd know the BLM website isn't just a dog whistle here or there, it's almost word for word straight out of a Karl Marx handbook. Particularly the part about destroying the nuclear family, which seems excruciatingly out of place if we're talking about a group who's mission is to reach justice for African-Americans. But it doesn't seem out of place if you understand the true origins of BLM. That's a Marxist tactic to create a people more dependent on the state. You should research the founders more and learn more about Marxism so that you're more easily able to identify the traits when certain groups display them. They are simply using an issue that is unassailable to gain viability. Their views would mean the destruction of the black family, as if that hasn't already been an issue. They want to make it worse. They are not about lifting up the black community - at all.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. murphree_hall

murphree_hall GC Legend

Jul 11, 2019
    I think you are so out of touch with issues facing the black community that you are viewing what they are saying through rose colored glasses. When they say they disrupt the notion of a nuclear family as a requirement, they are not saying that nuclear families are bad or that they should go away. They are saying that families that don’t look like the traditional nuclear family should not be placed at a disadvantage. Many people will not grow up in a nuclear family. Those are just the facts, so we need to ensure that everyone is treated equally.

To you that echoes Marxism and Communism. To me, it advocates for equality under the law.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. homer

homer GC Hall of Fame

Nov 2, 2015
    I’ve never asked any of them since I don’t get involved. I was just making a suggestion, wondering if it would make a difference?

7. scooterp

scooterp GC Legend

Feb 15, 2012
  8. WarDamnGator

Apr 8, 2007
    Like you all did before 2008 when pretending to care became a convenient way to throw shade at Obama? That’s cool with me.

• Like Like x 1
  9. scooterp

scooterp GC Legend

Feb 15, 2012
    Read it again. That’s not what they are saying.

10. scooterp

scooterp GC Legend

Feb 15, 2012
    Like you are throwing shade that it is not that important.

11. WarDamnGator

Apr 8, 2007
    never said it wasn’t important, I said there are many cities worse off than Chicago....Chicago isn’t even in the top 30. But for “some reason” someone starts a thread about how awful Chicago is every other week here.

• Like Like x 1
  12. murphree_hall

murphree_hall GC Legend

Jul 11, 2019
    Ok, well don’t just pick and choose. Isn’t that the whole argument against BLM? They are choosing to only address police brutality against blacks and not the violence in Chicago? The conservatives have made the same impossible standard that if you want to address a specific issue, you must address all issues.

13. murphree_hall

murphree_hall GC Legend

Jul 11, 2019
    You read it again.

You might be surprised to hear this, but I’ve never been hanging out with other black people and anyone ever said anything about communism or Marxism. It just doesn’t really come up in conversation.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. stingbb

stingbb Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    How are families that don’t look like the traditional nuclear family “placed” at a disadvantage? If both parents fulfill their responsibility, there is no built in disadvantage. Conversely, if one or both of the parents don’t fulfill their responsibilities, studies show the child will grow to often have the same issues as the parents and the cycle continues.

The traditional family is not, and never has been, a requirement. But both parents being an active part of their children’s lives is a necessity.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
  15. murphree_hall

murphree_hall GC Legend

Jul 11, 2019
    That’s what is so annoying about it. It’s never really about what is going on in Chicago or serious discussions about how to improve. It’s always just a way to discredit BLM or Democrats.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    No

‘BLM implies nothing, and you have corrected no one. If “too” is implicit then why does it suddenly become racist when you swap black for white ? Give it rest. You can’t win this argument no matter how many times you stomp your feet.

17. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    there is no context in which you win that argument. Do you think the Pant wearing women give a damn what some dude said to a woman 400 years ago? 50 years ago? Last week? There is no “context“ in which racism is OK, and if you believe racism today is excused because of racism 400 years ago—that is just pathetic.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2020
  18. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    ‘I understand the intent just fine. It started off as racism wrapped in lies and has grown into a full blown anarchist movement seeking to impose its will by violence. Did I miss anything?

19. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    this would make me laugh except for the fact that the actual statistics which demonstrate the complete fabrication of this narrative are readily available online if people just took a few moments to educate themselves by reading. Because of this I don’t laugh...I cry.

20. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    oh, it’s implicit......got it.