Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Mass exodus at Colorado

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by Ahab, Apr 25, 2023.

1. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    It's Baba O'Riley, but I am sure you get the meaning.

It's all about the mass exodus and the teenage wasteland.

I also have that album in my collection... ;)

Last edited: Apr 28, 2023
  2. grant1

grant1 GC Hall of Fame

Nov 10, 2009
    he learned from the best

• Like Like x 3
  3. grant1

grant1 GC Hall of Fame

Nov 10, 2009
    of course, but a lot of people think that's the name of the song, which, BTW, some interpretted it to be about the Vietnam war, which had been going on for 13 years when the song was written.

4. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    You have no idea how close I came to giving you my story of my love for rock music/albums and it involves the Vietnam War. Another time perhaps.

I also like using lyrics in songs to make a point about various subjects on these opinion boards.

Back to my point, there are huge changes going on in Colorado and Some of it looks bad.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2023
  5. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    I’ve never once said a bad word about UFs recruiting procedures, especially when it comes to dropping not so good players and pursuing better ones. If we went 1-11 in 2022 and hired a new coach, I would hope that he’d be purging the roster too. Fans live in a fairytale world where every player on every college team will have their Rudy moment and fight their way to contributing on a team, I prefer to live in reality where I understand that college football is a billion dollar business before anything else, and with that type of financial tie comes harsh realities like players getting processed out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. grant1

grant1 GC Hall of Fame

Nov 10, 2009
    Yes, maybe another time, but in the meantime, some (including myself) believe that the song "Who Are You" is Pete Townshend asking Jesus "who are you". "I spit out like a sewer hole yet still receive your kiss, How can I measure up to anyone now after such a love as this". Makes sense to me and I view this song as a contempory (edgy) religeous song.

Any bad changes going at CU that reflects poorly on Deion is a plus in my book.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    Interesting and definitely profound lyrics. It's one of the reasons why there are one of the greatest... Rush lyrics are way underrated too.

Do you think that Deion is going to end up better off by the time his team hits the field. Last time I checked Colorado was a 1-11 team or something close to that... bad. If they don't win at least 5 games I would be shocked.

8. grant1

grant1 GC Hall of Fame

Nov 10, 2009
    1st year coach and 80% new players are going to take some time the mesh/gel and play as a team. Also, even if they improve their talent-pool, it takes more than talent to win (see Vandy, near-loss to USF). A key injury or 2 and their season will tank.

9. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    I have no dog in that fight, I just don't like that coach's cockiness. "Tanks" a lot coach.... will be the phrase they utter after their first season. Lol. Yes, TANKs as in their season tanks.

10. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

A 1-11 record is more an indictment of the coaching staff than all 85 scholarship players, or even half of them. You may not have been around in 1979, but our 0-10-1 football team had a WR named Chris Collinsworth. Good thing Pell didn’t throw out all the players in his first season, don’t you think?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  11. orangeblue_coop

Nov 19, 2016
    That was a completely different time and era. The sport wasn’t a billion dollar business where coaches were getting paid handsomely to win immediately. You could go 0-10-1 in peace and you wouldn’t hear a peep from the media or the fanbase. If that same exact scenario happened in 2023, sad to say that Coach Pell would’ve been given the pink slip probably even before the season ended and one of his assistants would’ve been named interim coach, and Collinsworth may have chosen to enter the transfer portal.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007

Only you would compare Deion to Spurrier.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

You’re ducking the point. Yes we were a more patient fan base 30+ years ago, but I’m talking about how you build and coach a team of 19 to 23 year old young adults. It’s too easy now to just point to NIL and declare that all our previous values no longer apply. That’s a BS cop out. Respect should always apply or we really have lost it. So should integrity. You don’t give a pass to actions like the ones we’re discussing up in Boulder simply because of NIL. Hell, if I recall correctly, you were one of the most outspoken proponents of NIL when it first came to life. You seem to be contradicting yourself

14. orangeblue_coop

Nov 19, 2016
    Quoting Spurrier isn’t comparing him to Deion. But you already knew that.

15. orangeblue_coop

Nov 19, 2016
    Is there a right and wrong way to rebuild a program? Then end goal is to win, regardless of how uncouth the methods you used are to achieve it. Ive never been a coach so I would never be arrogant enough to tell a college coach how to run their program and handle 19-23 year olds. If a coach wants to keep players from a 1-11 team, then that’s his prerogative. I won’t knock a coach for completely revamping his roster that’s clearly filled with inferior talent, either.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. danmanne65

danmanne65 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 2, 2022
    DeLand
    How is Deion going to go into a house to recruit? Didn’t the ncaa make a rule about being a student about him. The Deion Sanders rule? I am also skeptical about him having a legitimate degree. Didn’t he buy one off the internet?

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

I think, therefore I am

• Like Like x 1
  18. danmanne65

danmanne65 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 2, 2022
    DeLand
    I looked it up. It was a state law. You have to attend classes and maintain a 2.0 to be eligible to play in a bowl game.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. gatordadx2

gatordadx2 Premium Member

Dec 24, 2017
    Baba O'Riley

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    I think he bought a degree on the interwebs somewhere.

• Agree Agree x 1