Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Mass exodus at Colorado

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by Ahab, Apr 25, 2023.

1. 2oldgator

2oldgator GC Legend

Jul 14, 2021
    Dunnellon fl
    Thank you antny1. Most everyone on this site regards skipping class as a forgivable sin. Not going to class or taking exams for nearly an entire semester but still playing college football during that time frame is another matter.
    The fact that the NACAA passed a rule (known as the Deion Sanders rule) that was prompted by Deion’s escapade and FSU’s complicity in the matter should be a major source of embarrassment to that university and their fan base.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

I’m ready to watch him shit the bed

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2008
    It's not gonna be easy. The only thing that is going to be easy is his schedule (at least compared to being in the SEC or maybe B1G).

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    I'm a alumni and fan of a team that went winless (Arizona), fired Sumlin, and hired a new coach. There were a bunch of kids that transferred out, but many of them stayed. Struggled through a 1-11 season during Jedd Fisch's first year, and a few more kids transferred out. But many stayed, and were an integral part of a 5-7 season last year. This year, our best OL and RB are Sumlin holdovers, and if we don't make a bowl game, it will be a real disappointment.

It's about culture. Everyone knows that a 1 win team that lost its coach is going to have significant turnover. But if/when you push the kids out who gave it their all, did nothing wrong, but still get cut, it creates a poor culture in my opinion. The best players on Arizona's roster are two that transferred in last year, but those that stuck through the winless and 1-11 seasons? They'll run through walls for the team, and push those through walls if they see any of their teammates not giving 100%.

Not sure if what Deion is doing will work at Colorado, but in my opinion, he's building a culture that lacks trust. Only mercenaries with the most talent will be allowed on the field, regardless of how they perform. Will Colorado players ever want to run through a wall for Deion?

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

The word “culture” in the same sentence as Deion is an oxymoron

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. gatorwalrus

gatorwalrus GC Hall of Fame

Sep 24, 2022
    Yes, I was intentionally using a hyperbolic view of it. Also not interested in too hot, the definition of that term literally depends on the person you ask.

7. gatorwalrus

Sep 24, 2022
    Again, the point is it is his actions in college that are being pointed to for justification of his lack of qualification to be a coach now. And again, I did things in college I would never suggest to my or any other kids do. If anyone on here has example of players under his leadership not going to class, then by all means I am with you.

In all my posts I have made it clear I don't care for him, and I don't particularly like the way he is going about turning over his roster either. I just place the blame more on the current dynamic of CFB + NIL than on him specifically. Hell, Kelly did pretty much most of this already at LSU complete with that ridiculous accent.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. gatorwalrus

Sep 24, 2022
    No need for such slanderous accusations.

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    And again, "doing things" in college analogous to literally skipping an entire semester of school and then having credibility with student athletes as THE leader of a college football program. There is a pretty clear conflict in that particular indiscretion.

Now if Deions degree was truly earned then more power to him. Going back to school and earning a degree should basically negate any criticism because he would have some moral high ground to tell kids to go to class. I don't know one way or the other if he did but it wouldn't surprise me if he had someone earn him an online degree either.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. tripsright

tripsright GC Legend

Dec 2, 2021
    Florida
    Thx for the clarification on “woke”. I really wasn’t trying to debate the issue, at all.
    The latter part of your reply left me a little confused, though. I was making reference to not wanting to turn the thread political, therefore, sending it to “Too Hot For Swamp Gas”. It’s one of the forums on GC. You should check it out sometime.

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. spike718

spike718 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    I came to the conclusion long ago that their fan base is not embarrassed by anything.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. gatorwalrus

Sep 24, 2022
    Understand the confusion but that was what I meant, didn't want to derail the thread and have it sent to too hot and any debate of the term is an exercise in self harm.

• Like Like x 1
  13. tommyvee

tommyvee GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ahab

Ahab GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    ESPN thinks highly of at least 2 of the CU players transferring and they're at positions that we need help

We ranked college football's top 37 spring transfers: Who tops the list?

19. Nikko Reed, DB
    Transferring from: Colorado

HT: 5-10 | WT: 185 | Class: Junior

Background: Reed has played in 12 games in back-to-back seasons for Colorado. He had two interceptions, 42 total tackles, 2.5 tackles for loss and one sack in 2022. Reed also broke up six passes and held opposing quarterbacks to a 48.9% completion percentage when he was the primary defender.

[​IMG]
    20. Jordyn Tyson, WR
    Transferring from: Colorado

HT: 6-2 | WT: 185 | Class: Sophomore

Background: Tyson led the team in receiving yards (470) and touchdowns (five) this past season and he also contributed on special teams in nine games, scoring a punt return touchdown as well. He became the first Colorado player to record 100 receiving yards and 100 punt return yards in a game, but he is part of a mass exodus from the program as coach Deion Sanders reshapes the roster in his first season.

15. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

A 5’10” DB is going to be frustrating to watch. Brings back memories of Plaxico Burris going up for receptions our DBs couldn’t reach. And if they’ve got him listed at 5-10 he’s probably 5-9. No thanks

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Cancer kills people. Dion is more of a hemorrhoid.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Probably a few that don’t want Dions stink on them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    I mean, not taking tests and exams is ridiculous, but everyone knows the talented jocks in high school and college usually get special treatment when it comes to academics. I just don't see how this type of thing is supposed to move the needle for anyone. Deion probably looks at having a rule named after him as a badge of honor.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. orangeblue_coop

Nov 19, 2016
    That can apply to many fanbases in sports in general. People are willing to overlook shady practices and corruption, as long as they believe their side is “winning.” Goes beyond sports.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. orangeblue_coop

Nov 19, 2016
    That poster is always complaining about how terrible that section of the site is, yet does his best to derail threads in that direction (I.e bringing up “woke”). Very odd behavior.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1