Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Male Pom-Pom “Girl”

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by grant1, Sep 19, 2021.

1. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

I am trying to avoid this being a TooHot discussion....It's getting very close...

Drawing clear gender distinctions is not "judging". We may have different opinions, but that does not equate "judging".
    It also doesn't mean he is "offended". I don't like the team of choice for many people from Boston, but they don't "offend" me by liking a different team than me.

You are actually the only one making any demands of how people should think here.

• Winner x 4
    • Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Come On Man x 1
    • Best Post Ever x 1
  2. robertgator

robertgator GC Legend

Apr 3, 2007
    Luckily we (or most of us? or at least I) live in the United States of America where you can often still do what you want as long as you aren't infringing on the rights of others.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  3. believer

believer GC Legend

Jun 2, 2007
    He can dress how he wants. I can have my opinion on it. God bless America.

• Winner Winner x 4
  4. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Everyone is strange. Understanding this is one important step to accepting individual peculiarities.

• Winner Winner x 4
  5. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

get over yourself

• Come On Man Come On Man x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. FearNoSpear

FearNoSpear GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Ocala
    How so? Just trying to understand his point of view. A dude is waving Pom poms. Where’s the crime?

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  7. rmonteag

rmonteag GC Hall of Fame

Jul 24, 2010
    I suggest moving it...its already gotten out of hand and off topic.

8. tilly

I agree. It will just devolve worse if I do. But alas...On to Too Hot it goes.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Spurffelbow833

Spurffelbow833 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 9, 2009
    If he can kick like a Swedish or Canadian girl, bring him on!

10. Spurffelbow833

Spurffelbow833 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 9, 2009
    Red meat for the THFSG crowd! Come and get it!

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. FearNoSpear

Apr 9, 2007
    Ocala
    I’m honestly trying to understand the point of view. Look around at every SEC stadium. We are one of the only fan bases where every one isn’t waiving those little pom poms on sticks. Men included. So men can’t wave Pom poms. That’s a clear gender distinction? I thought we decided gender by our naughty bits.

Show me where I made demands? I asked a series of questions to try an understand someone’s point of view better.

He admittedly said it wasn’t in his wheelhouse. I made a friendly suggestion as to how I stay away from things that aren’t in my wheelhouse.

I gave an opinion that we are better served to let people live their lives so long as they aren’t hurting someone else. That’s my only point.

So please......what exactly am I demanding? In your opinion should I be annoyed or whatever by someone for waving a Pom Pom or am I better served not caring either way and letting someone live their life?

If he wasn’t offended my bad. Sounded offended to me. I thought he was offended because a boy was doing something he thought only a girl should do. I’m open to the fact I misinterpreted his intent.

If he wasn’t judging then my bad. Sounded like he was judging by his “ugh” comment. I thought that was expressing distaste. Again. Apologies if I’m missing something here.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  12. malscott

malscott Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    West Hills, Ca
    Surprised it took three pages for a warning. Some moron was trying to jam a political opinion/jab into another thread on the site as well.

Political refuse and sewage should never be in a football forum. There are enough forums here on GC for all topics. If needed: Please refer to CNN or Fox and dim the lights and have at it. Not here...

Go Gators.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  13. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    Is self-righteousness considered sinful? Asking for a few friends….

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  14. tilly

He demanded nothing at all. He said "Ugh"
    You basically told him he should not comment and that he should let people "live their lives". Telling him how to think and respond certainly seems demanding to me.

Perhaps I am the one misinterpreting?

You are welcome to differing opinions, but you actually did tell him what you think he should do and think. He did not do that.

He never said the kid should not do it, or should not be allowed to do it. Just that he personally found it to be "ugh". Guess what. Most folks probably aren't thrilled to see that. One can BOTH find it "ugh" and still think he is allowed to act and live as he choses.

No one thinks you should not be allowed to be a RedSox or Bruins fan, but the thought of it makes me say "ugh".

• Winner Winner x 3
  15. FearNoSpear

Apr 9, 2007
    Ocala
    Which part am I being self righteous? My only point is who cares what someone else is doing as long as they aren’t hurting a anyone. I’m not even asking people to think like me. I’m not claiming moral superiority by any means.

16. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    Super duper condescension in true libbie fashion. You didn’t sound friendly to me.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 3
  17. FearNoSpear

Apr 9, 2007
    Ocala
    Again. I offered apologies for any misinterpretations I may have made.

I still stand by I didn’t demand anything. I offered a suggestion and my philosophy on life. That’s it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. tilly

Neither is Judging if you read the whole context of what Jesus said in the often misquoted "judge not" verse.
    Although most of us fall short of the grounds needed to do it, there is certainly a place for it within Christs teachings. You just better have your own ship in order is the point.
    In other words don't judge the welfare mom on your way out of bankruptcy court yourself.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. FearNoSpear

Apr 9, 2007
    Ocala
    Says someone who constantly name calls. By the way I’m not a “libbie”.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  20. tilly

Fair enough. A lot gets lost in the typed word. I think your follow up has clarified it in my eyes. :emoji_punch:

• Friendly Friendly x 1