Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Malachi Wideman-football and basketball?

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by bigsky rooter, Feb 10, 2019 at 4:50 PM.

1. bigsky rooter

bigsky rooter Freshman

Aug 3, 2017
    from Sarasota.Ranked #118 recruit on 247 football as WR and #126 as SG on 247 basketball. 100% to Uf. Would be good to see that combo at UF

• Like Like x 2
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  2. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    He has an offer. He may be leaning more to basketball. He was rated by Max Preps as 1 of the top 5 dual sports athletes for 2020. Dude has serious hops and athleticism.

• Like Like x 2
  3. sd_gator

sd_gator All American

Jan 18, 2009
    Florbama
    Would be awesome to see him at UF. That kind of athleticism on the football field would be a nice addition. We need some freaks!

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. StrangeGator

StrangeGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    Was checking out his football and hoops clips a month or so ago. Seems very much the Cornelius Ingram type, better at basketball at this stage but a better prospect in football. Didn't CI play a little bit of PG his freshman year at UF? Wideman is explosive, especially going up for the ball.

Too much talent at WR this cycle to keep up with. For all the guys we get, there will still be players I'll wish we could have signed. Crazy as it sounds, we might not have room for Wideman.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1