Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Majority of Evangelicals support protections for LGBT

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Rocinante, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Rocinante

Rocinante Senior

May 28, 2013
    I am very surprised by this.

CHURCH
    Poll: Majority of evangelicals support LGBT privileges
    Friday, March 15, 2019
    |
    Michael F. Haverluck (OneNewsNow.com)
    [​IMG]Select Language[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]Nationwide poll results released Tuesday reveal that most white evangelicals in the United States favor laws granting the LGBT community special privileges in the workforce, housing and public accommodations – in the name of so-called “anti-discrimination.”
    Poll: Majority of evangelicals support LGBT privileges

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Another case of their elected leaders thinking they know better than the voters.

3. nobbqsauce

nobbqsauce Senior

Nov 21, 2018
    Hmmmm
    I would need to know more. I am completely against discrimination of anyone based on race or sexual.preference or gender or even political affiliation. I am also against giving special privileges to any group. If we want everyone to be considered equal and treated as equal than the laws governing everyone should be equal.
    If they are addressing punishments foe discrimination and not giving special privileges I'd be on board.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    So much for conservatives hating homosexuals.
    Maybe the Smollett's of the world should do more reading and less scheming.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  5. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    I'm glad to hear you support the government implementing protections for LGBTs. Would you go into a bit of detail about what type of protections you'd like to see?

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  6. danmann65

danmann65 GC Hall of Fame

May 22, 2015
    The American people have moved quickly on this issue. The progress has been impressive. I remember as recently as ten years ago when I said none of my business I dont care about LBQT. I got grief from people. Now everyone pretty much agrees or keeps quiet.

• Like Like x 1
  7. mutz87

mutz87 Complexified VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    I'm surprised by the numbers too; seems a considerable jump from a few years ago. Though it's good news that even in the Bible belt, things are a changin, seems there is still some ways to go. But ya gotta love the link...If you follow it through to the actual article commenting on the survey. The author, Michael F. Haverluck, laments the idea LGBTQ "agenda" winning out, and as has been the norm of those who remain steadfastly LGBT, he pits the gain of rights of gays and lesbians as a loss for Christians.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
  8. g8trjax

g8trjax GC Hall of Fame

Jun 1, 2007
    Shouldn't this poll be conducted by the pew research center?