Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

LSU reportedly considering active SEC coach to replace Paul Mainieri updated:reportedly Jay Johnson

Discussion in 'Diamond Gators' started by GatorGrowl, May 28, 2021.

1. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl
    Priceless…..

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. ocalaman

ocalaman GC Legend

Jun 30, 2018
    Oregon's state run health care system will refuse chemo for an elderly patient, but will gladly pay for assisted suicide. We spent a month in Oregon a few years ago and that was the big headline.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. iowagator

iowagator VIP Member

There is a tweet on here somewhere--maybe this thread (there are so many lsu/Sully threads)--that the lsu Board of Trustees rejected Sully because of his supposed "baggage". Can't imagine they would accept Casey and his well known baggage.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. gtr2x

gtr2x GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    Yep, have a great memory of visiting Multnomah Falls many years ago, then heading down the Oregon Coast including Canon Beach. A bit nippy on the coast tho.

5. gtj31

gtj31 GC Hall of Fame

I have a less fond memory. I was given a speeding ticket “in a congested area in Gold Beach” by Officer Johnson who was convinced I needed a front license plate for Florida because he had been there... Fortunately I didn’t get arrested but I didn’t exactly get out of that ticket!!!

6. BA69MA72

BA69MA72 GC Legend

Apr 8, 2007
    True fact—UF has never had a “student radio station.” All of the media properties are managed and partially staffed by full-time professionals. Selected students serve a variety of on-air and back room roles.

• Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  7. MadduxFanII

MadduxFanII GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    O'Sullivan has officially pulled out of consideration. Staying at UF.

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. BurkeGator

BurkeGator Senior

Aug 28, 2015
    Perhaps we can finally put the Sully is leaving discussion behind us now? At least until next offseason ;) :

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Legend

Feb 22, 2017
    Kiss of death! :ninja3:

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. toprowgator

toprowgator Sophomore

Jun 24, 2019
    The list of reasons is endless for many.

11. toprowgator

toprowgator Sophomore

Jun 24, 2019
    Not to mention LA requires fire permits ...

12. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Daytona Beach
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. gatorjjh

gatorjjh A Gator with a Glass half full attitude Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    Former Oregon State coach Pat Casey unlikely to become LSU's next baseball coach
    • BY WILSON ALEXANDER and ANDREA GALLO | SAdvocate staff writers
    The day after news surfaced that former Oregon State baseball coach Pat Casey visited LSU and was a candidate in the school’s search, sources told The Advocate on Thursday it’s unlikely he will become LSU’s next baseball coach.
    Casey, 62, won three national titles during a 24-year tenure at Oregon State, but he retired in 2018 with a complicated legacy after allowing star pitcher Luke Heimlich to remain on the roster.

LSU’s serious consideration of Casey as a candidate for the job raised concerns among many, especially those who advocate for survivors of sexual assault.
    Heimlich pleaded guilty as a teenager to a felony charge of molesting a 6-year-old female family member in Washington, writing in court documents “I admit that I had sexual contact with my niece.” His criminal history became public in 2017 when The Oregonian reported on it, but Casey and then-president Ed Ray allowed Heimlich to return to the team for Oregon State’s national championship-winning season in 2018.

• Informative Informative x 3
  14. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    So, who's left for LSU? Is Vitello a real possibility? or is it now Bianco. Are either of them likely to leave current employment? LSU and especially their fans will be expecting instant productivity and playoff success.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. gator1977

gator1977 All American

Apr 15, 2019
    Laughable that Casey would leave a pleasant retirement in Oregon for bayou country... Kendall Rogers throwing sh-t balls now. When I saw the rumor, I thought it absurd. It should be Vitello; give him the world and 10 years secured, he'll take it....
    And now, let's hope that LSU beats Tenn. in the Supers- Vitello as annoying as they come and there is simmering bad blood between the teams from regular season. Should be a great and heated Super...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl
    I was told that Skip Bergman wanted Bianco but he doesn’t currently have the pull he once did….time seems to change everything.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. jdgator

jdgator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Curious to why you think Casey to LSU is 'BS'? Do you have a source that says otherwise?

18. jdgator

jdgator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Skip still has a lot of say, however he's getting up there in years. Bianco is tricky because he's a tweener. He's done good at Ole Miss, but still hasn't come close to championship. I know their was mutual interest between Pat Casey and LSU. All of the sudden the BS about the former lefty came into play and now all of the Political Correct Police have their sirens on. So bizarre.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. GatorLurker

GatorLurker GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    What coach smells like corn dogs the most? That is their hire.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1