Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

LSU Offense is the most potent offense since...

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by ArtDeco, Dec 28, 2019.

1. gatrfanzz

gatrfanzz GC Legend

I can say it's because of their offense that they are undefeated. The defense has had big holes and they better be thankful that their offense bailed them out. Not since Spurrier's fun and gun attack caught the sec by surprise has a team had this kind of firepower. It is going to be great to watch the sec next season.

2. Rkb75

Rkb75 Junior

Sep 19, 2015
    95 Nebraska destroyed everyone. Including the Gators. Averaged over 50 a game, and closest game was a 2 TD win. Everything else was 25 points plus

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. number1

number1 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 9, 2011
    Y'all forgetting about Bama with Tua. lol

4. WhattaGator

WhattaGator "Where's The Beef"?? (Or the crabcakes, etc.)... VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

Right.....

Nobody except themselves...

Their "RPO" attack isn't gonna be there after they lose Burrow and their other key players, like Clyde Edwards-Hillaire, Delphin, etc....

5. murphree_hall

murphree_hall All American

Jul 11, 2019
    Eye test tells me Tebow was much better than Burrow.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  6. crl

crl GC Hall of Fame

Nov 8, 2008
    Right year. Wrong team. OU was the team with the explosive O that year. Until they played a real D that is.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    I dunno about "much better", I'd probably give the slight edge to Tebow. But Burrow has made some ridiculous throws that I never saw Tebow make.

• Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  8. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Hope it’s much less effective without Burrow.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. diehardgator15

diehardgator15 GC Legend

Oct 6, 2019
    Agree, and no 2008 post-Ole Miss Florida was not better offensively.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. wargunfan

wargunfan GC Hall of Fame

Jan 6, 2010
    Inside your head.
    LSU being rated #1 allowed the best offense in college football to play against a Big 12 non defense. That's like asking Cinderella to stop Godzilla. The voters have to stop putting any Big 12 team in the top four. I don't care if they are undefeated or have only one loss. Putting a Big 12 team in position to be in the playoffs is like putting lipstick on a pig. They are just going to get embarrassed. Oklahoma keeps getting into the playoffs and being bludgeoned to a pulp. Just stop it! :devil:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  11. miloappis

miloappis Sophomore

Mar 19, 2018
    This is right on target. LSU doesn't have much of a defense. They gave up over 600 yards to Ole Miss.

12. Agator88

Agator88 All American

Oct 7, 2014
    Burrow completing almost 80% with 2 maybe 3 first round picks at WR. A running game that looks pretty solid even with a back up playing. Burrow's ability to extend plays and make throws downfield on the run is just ridiculous. I love some of our offenses in the past, but this LSU offense is just plain unstoppable. I think OSU would have stood a better chance at slowing them down, just because of their Dline and secondary. However, Larry Coker, I meant Ryan Day would have figured out a way to blow it up.

13. scooterp

scooterp GC Legend

Feb 15, 2012
    No one else had the credentials to get in either. Regardless of who it was it was still a 3 team race anyway.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. maxgator

maxgator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Lol. You cannot compare what happened in a game 10 years ago to one that happened yesterday. Statistically LSU is the best but it is silly to say that's because we only scored 24 points against Oklahoma. That's particularly true when 08 ok had the Heisman winner and the most prolific offense in college football that year.

Imo, 08 uf would beat 19 lsu. We were certainly better than this years team.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. filamg8torfan

filamg8torfan GC Legend

Mar 17, 2019
    Guess which NC team had 3 first round WR's and a first RB? That's right, it's the 96 Florida gators.
    I think LSU's offense can be neutralized by a great DL and a stick 'um type DB's.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. melrose12

melrose12 All American

Jun 25, 2019
    Burrow best college QB I have seen,ever. Almost 80% completion rate. Hate to be the QB next year at LSU

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. melrose12

melrose12 All American

Jun 25, 2019
    Tebow my favorite Gator but he did not have the year Burrow had. Might need to get eyes checked. Just my opinion if that's what you saw cant argue with that

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. AlfaGator

AlfaGator VIP Member

Aug 31, 2007
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  19. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Latitude Margaritaville
    Hope so too but their roster is full of great players . Both sides

20. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Latitude Margaritaville
    I think it will be . Don’t discount their return roster. Their next QB will be effective as long as the OC is there. LSU will always have running backs too. But you k now that