Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Lovasea Carroll

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by gator_gary, Apr 10, 2020.

1. LAGatorDoc

LAGatorDoc GC Hall of Fame

Jul 29, 2012
    If we could get in big with 4 schools in Florida, I would make it St. Thomas, Lakeland, Armwood, and Carol City. If we could get a pipeline to those schools getting their best kids, we would be in great shape

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. bernie_lomax

bernie_lomax Junior

Jan 26, 2016
    Interesting game...
    I agree w first two. Next two are great options. I’d have to put booker t Washington in Miami on that list. Maybe trinity in Jax.
    Other runners up:
    Miami northwestern
    American heritage
    Deerfield beach
    The muck city schools have been quiet lately. I wonder if the better players are getting pulled into schools in WPB.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. LAGatorDoc

Jul 29, 2012
    I agree with your schools as well. I was trying to get 4 high school programs that are powerhouses year in and year out in different areas in the state. AH a close second for Ft. Lauderdale area IMO. I think Carol City, Booker T Washington, Miami Northwestern top tier in Miami (Columbus in the next tier), just had to pick one. Trinity in Jacksonville another good one.

If we can get our core of Trevon Grimes’s, Joey Bosa’s, Lamarcus Joyner’s, Marcus Robersons’s, from one of those big schools every year, it would give us the blue chip talent we need and make it easier to fill out the rest of our rosters with guys we can pick and choose from from other places

• Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  4. dkgator

dkgator Junior

Apr 3, 2007
    1. Palmetto High this year!
    2. Palmetto High this year!
    3. Palmetto High this year!
    4. Palmetto High this year!

• Winner Winner x 2
  5. r0r080

r0r080 Junior

Jul 31, 2019
    I don't agree............Lakeland comes and goes, prior to the group on the 2018 state title team which would include Bowman, Lakeland hadn't been a regular production site of elite talent. You failed to give the Maimi area its due, as Central and Northwestern puts out elite talent on a yearly basis, as does Deerfield Beach and Columbus HS. Armwood and up until last year you'd have to also include Plant HS in the Tampa area, but Armwood would certainly be deserving of a mention as I'd have a hard time finding a instance in the last 5-7 years they haven't had at least one 4* or better in each of those years. Dr Phillips HS and Apopka HS in the Orlando area seem to always have elite talent as well. Jones HS......Mainland, and Kissimmee Osceola HS also in the Orlando area tend to also have above average year in and year out. STA and IMG are a given in as far as a place to find elite talent every year.

I tend to look beyond individual schools, and would instead focus on building relationships with the HS coaching staffs around the state........as there as areas if the state where their aren't individual teams but the area on the whole.....(example: like the panhandle, the west coast of the state etc.....), has elite talent every year just not always at the same school and is why I believe building relationships with the HS coaching staff would also be important.

6. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2013
    No palmetto love?

7. r0r080

r0r080 Junior

Jul 31, 2019
    Other than this year can you put together a couple of successive years where Miami Palmetto had elite talent...(4* or better?)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. diehardgator15

diehardgator15 GC Legend

Oct 6, 2019
    He’s not coming...

9. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

What a load of bullshit

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. LAGatorDoc

Jul 29, 2012
    The Brinks Truck showed up at his house. Christmas in June! Ho Ho Ho.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. pd_gator

pd_gator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 6, 2013
    Florida
    Kirby used his "Kirby Law" and dropped off that Raptor.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. LAGatorDoc

Jul 29, 2012
    If you look at it carefully, he will get one year where he is featured back (maybe, if they don't get their 5 star next year that would be higher on their depth chart from the 2022 class) at Georgia.

After next year at Florida, if Lingard or Pierce don't have a good year, we will have only one of them and whoever comes in the 2021 class, so at worst, he will get A LOT of playing time as a freshman.

Business decision? It seems that someone went from getting him a Charger to paying off his mortgage. Smart business decision if you ask me.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. DBCooper

DBCooper GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Hendersonville, NC
    Kid is no dummy. He just raised his value by a bunch by expressing interest in the Gators if Kirby really needs to add him to his RB collection.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. thale410

thale410 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Expect more similar shopping around scenarios and leveraging social media from top recruits to drive up 'likeness' bids in the coming years. Buckle up, 'crootin is going to get even more volatile.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. lizardbreath

lizardbreath All American

Aug 30, 2017
    More of the same old rope-a-dope crap Kirby is becoming increasingly infamous for. Let the kid sit on the bench at UGA and then ignore his butt when he enters the portal in a year or two. I'm old as hell and have despised the dwags since time immemorial, but my capacity to hold them in ever-increasing contempt still grows with every new BS stunt they pull.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. ugahairydawgs

ugahairydawgs All American

Apr 9, 2007
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    You trippin now lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

The bag man has paid him a visit...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. HisDoc

HisDoc GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    You have to hand it to UGA, Clemson, Bama. Not only do they recruit well, but they hold on to their kids. Very hard to pull one away from them once committed.

How they do it? I'll leave that to those more intelligent and to conspiracy theorists. But if they get whiff of a flip, it's a full court press...and it works.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. lizardbreath

lizardbreath All American

Aug 30, 2017
    I know, but I don't get out much these days and you're mellowing my harsh.

• Funny Funny x 2