Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Louisville Protest today

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by pcamera01, Jul 25, 2020.

1. pcamera01

pcamera01 GC Legend

Jul 21, 2020
    Link-Beware-Some Offensive Words

Glad to see the local BLM chapter has distanced themselves from this armed protest but will these armed protesters be labeled “Black Supremacists” like the armed white protesters always seem to be?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  2. gators81

gators81 Premium Member

Apr 8, 2007
    atlanta
    Why would they be labeled that? Their not claiming superiority over other races with this protest, are they? Given that it’s in Louisville I’d imagine they want justice for Breonna Taylor. What about this bothers you more? People of color exercising their constitutional rights, or white supremacy marches getting shut down?

• Winner Winner x 10
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    If Breonna Taylor's murderers had been arrested there would be no need for this protest in the first place. Nonaction to police corruption has consequences.

• Agree Agree x 7
  4. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    If black militants start arming themselves it could create a real dilemma for conservative advocates of the Second Amendment in general and open carry specifically. Not sure if anyone remembers the Black Panthers of the '60s like those in the photo below.
    [​IMG]

In response to their advocacy of open carry, the California State legislature, backed by then Governor Ronald Reagan and would you believe the NRA, passed the Mulford Act prohibiting open carry.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    The sight of black guys marching around legally armed is the only thing that will ever make the NRA think "Hmm maybe we should consider some new gun legislation"

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. 1990Gator

1990Gator VIP Member

Dec 30, 2013
    I saw on Twitter that the protesters had a few demands:

And apparently, they accidentally shot a few people:

If so, maybe they can sign up for the NRA gun safety course.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    I love the slant of these right wing posters. Especially the new ones like this with no knowledge of history. And quite obviously from this post, the poster of the OP has a profound lack of understanding for white supremacists or, more likely, sympathy for them insofar as he immediately compares armed black protestors to white supremacists with no facts that the protestors are “supremacists.” But, here is what we are waiting for: 1) a spirited defense of their Second Amendment rights to March with guns; 2) an explanation for the difference between this group’s protest and the armed protests by white protestors that took over state House in Michigan. Other than message, color, and the absence of disruption of government, all of which the OP clearly sees and calls attention to.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  8. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Well, those demands don’t seem comparable to white supremacists.

• Like Like x 2
  9. pcamera01

pcamera01 GC Legend

Jul 21, 2020
    First, not a new poster, just a long lost poster who found my way back here.

1. I’ll gladly stand and march with them (6’ apart and with a mask on) if they were fighting to protect their right to bear arms.

2. The armed protesters in Michigan were demanding the end of stay at home orders and The re-opening up the state.

So, they had demands, just like the demands the protesters listed today.

10. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    So what is your point about the media comparing the posters to white supremacists? How did that even enter your thinking?

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. gators81

gators81 Premium Member

Apr 8, 2007
    atlanta
    I’ve never seen or heard of white supremacists demanding 23% representation. I believe they’re goal is 100% or bust and they’re willing to kill those who disagree and stand in their way.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. homer

homer GC Hall of Fame

Nov 2, 2015
    Every US citizen has a right to arm themselves. And I think they should.

Why the need to make stuff up about conservatives that support second amendment rights?

It’s almost like you want an armed conflict between blacks and whites.

SMDH

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. pcamera01

pcamera01 GC Legend

Jul 21, 2020
    My point is that regardless of what they are protesting, if armed whites protest, they are almost always labeled “white Supremacists” both in the media and here.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    So the armed black protestors really had nothing to do with your point then. You just wanted to use armed black protestors who are not “supremacists” make a false white grievance argument that all armed white protestors are labeled white supremacists.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. kygator

kygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Did the protestors in Michigan shoot anyone? If not, I prefer them.

16. gatorpika

gatorpika Premium Member

Sep 14, 2008
    If they are anything like the second amendment advocates that just walk around with their guns in public, I don't see why the NRA would freak out. Seems like white liberals are the only ones freaking out about that. There should be more black legal gun owners as many of them tend to live in the country's most violent neighborhoods. It would at least give the illegally armed ones something to think about.

17. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Then perhaps you would be better served to link an event for which white protesters were wrongfully accused of being supremacists. We could discuss that event on its own merit. As @duchen noted, these armed AAs have nothing to do with your point.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. stingbb

stingbb Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. gatorzfan

gatorzfan VIP Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Heads up....incoming friendly fire.

20. MaceoP

MaceoP GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    the days of gun control are over. if you go to any gun store, people are lined up out the door. ammo, guns, etc are all in short supply. people of every race, gender, religion are getting weapons to defend themselves and their homes. that's my perspective.

• Agree Agree x 2