Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Looks Like Dan Mullen Has a New Job

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by thatguy, Jul 31, 2022.

1. grant1

grant1 GC Hall of Fame

Nov 10, 2009
    or be accurate, just sound like he knows what he's talking about, like a weatherman

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Doug Dickey's life went on after his coaching days at UF ended and so too will Mullen's.
    Go Gators! Beat the utes!

3. 95Gator

95Gator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Studio City, CA
    Kyle Pitts.

4. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    I agree. Mullen knows how to coach an offense. He has proven it.

But he is a crappy CEO. Half of his coaching staff was god awful, they couldn't recruit, and neither could he. By the time he realized he wasn't smarter than everyone else and needed to change, it was too late. He finally fires Grantham and Hevesy what-two weeks before he gets fired? Those clowns should never have been here in the first place.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    Personally, I sort of get Jim Donnan, even though he only coached 5 years at UGa. Mullen just plain made a call to get to the NFL, he didn't make it, got an attitude which rubbed off on the team, and then it all collapsed because he couldn't realize his assistants were getting him fired. I also think he is a free thinker and his mouth is going to get him into trouble on the set. You know, he HAS to be the smartest person in the room. You put up with his glibness/quirkiness because he was going to get you a SEC championship. He does not have that being just a regular Joe on ESPN.

All I can say is, well if you think it will make you happy then good luck. Are you going to wear your Darth Vader costume, or was that merely a joke on us? You know, "let's see how outrageous I can get away with at Florida before anyone understands I am jerking them around until I go to the NFL." Hey, good one big fella.

A smart jerk. Good for you. S__ks for your wife and family.

6. CadGator

CadGator Senior

Nov 17, 2008
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Why, when running was working so well?
    What he should have done was call time out before the 2-Point play to be sure everything was in order and everyone knew their assignments.
    It was only THE most important play of the game.
    The fact that some of the players blew their assignments on that play seems like a microcosm of his entire tenure as UF Head Coach to me.
    He just didn't have control of all aspects of the program!

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Agree. Players weren't lined up right, etc.

In a big game like that, there will be critical plays that have to work for a team to win. Mullen never seemed ready for the big moment.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    He tried his best here, things just didn't work out. Good luck to him at his new gig.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. hoyt233

hoyt233 GC Hall of Fame

Aug 31, 2009
    Prattvile, AL-Go Lions!
    We need a new forum and call it "The Glue Factory". Bring all of your dead horses there and have at it.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1