Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

LOI Thread

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by candymanfromgc, Feb 5, 2020.

1. hhpgator

hhpgator Premium Member

Jun 13, 2017
    Maybe he just misspelled Giphy?:rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

UF shares a state with about 8 schools .The two other state schools , Ohio State,Clemson,and the SEC .

Florida is not really the state school here unlike LSU , Georgia,Bama.
    To me , for UF it is the hardest state to recruit! I don’t see the state loyalty in Florida.
    Even when Miami and FSU sucks we really don’t beat them terribly on recruiting. One would think but we don’t

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Clemson might now be the better job than Bama. Doubt Dabs will leave

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. DBCooper

DBCooper GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Hendersonville, NC
    The Clemson culture is far superior to Bama’s. IMO, CDM Is building his own version of a similar culture at UF.

Facilities wise Gator recruiting is mostly paper and promises. IMO, there should be a large scale professional model of the structure with walk-through details depicted via a first class video presentation of the different work, film study and play areas highlighted (if it doesn’t already exist). Every ‘21 and ‘22 offeree should receive a full color brochure with a link for his personal tour conducted by his position coach. This might not be as effective as touring the actual facility but it could show the future Gator what he will soon enjoy as well as continue the report building process with the athlete and his parents.

I’d hope the construction contract discussions would include an important consideration for awarding the contract would be the construction interval from permitting to certificate of occupancy. Working 2 or 3 shifts could shorten the interval if the Gainesville Building Inspectors would cooperate.

With this facility completed, no one should be able to offer a more advantageous opportunity to earn a quality education and either get to the NFL or enter the real world prepared for success - and enjoy getting from point A to B while doing it.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. MyakkaGator

MyakkaGator GC Hall of Fame

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  6. DBCooper

DBCooper GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Hendersonville, NC
    Thanks! Great video but still think a scale model with cutaways would make a positive impression for the future Gator and his parents.

Also am surprised the athletic department doesn’t have some more impressive orange and blue 6-person carts for touring parents and recruits. We need to get out of the dark ages and do things that make lasting impressions while future Gators and their parents are on campus. UF should be leaders not followers playing catch-up. Maybe need some marketing minds to go with the football minds.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
  7. mkfgator

mkfgator Junior

Aug 28, 2019
    I would think that, if we've seen the video and the plans, absolutely so have the recruits.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. atlantagator86

atlantagator86 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Alpharetta, GA
    Sure a lot of out of state schools recruit in Florida. They also recruit Texas, California and wherever the national talent is.

Georgia has a LOT of out of state competition for recruits. UGA is about and hour and a half away from Atlanta, but there are at least 5 major SEC schools within about 3 hours drive of metro Atlanta (Auburn, Bama, Tennessee, Clemson and South Carolina) and they all recruit Atlanta hard.

My point is that I don't think there is a more desirable recruiting base anywhere than what UF has to work with. A state with a large population, a lot of talent and only 3 state schools fighting for the top talent. I bet Saban would trade recruiting bases with Mullen in a heartbeat.

People seem to forget how well Auburn recruits. Bama is the top dog in Alabama, but Auburn isn't far behind.

• Like Like x 1
  9. StrangeGator

StrangeGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    When will this be completed? I wouldn't be surprised if Mullen is further ahead on his timeline for championship contention than those architects, engineers and contractors are.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    And, so we did.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    Is Reese gonna be healthy and ready to go by spring

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    I’m with you. In regards to all the coaches who are killing it , money whip the shit out of them. Truly build infrastructure in people not just facilities

13. danmann65

danmann65 GC Legend

May 22, 2015
    Good for you?

14. LAGatorDoc

LAGatorDoc GC Hall of Fame

Jul 29, 2012
    Our David Reese or his brother?

15. raygravesghost

raygravesghost Senior

Aug 13, 2019
    He's talking about our "David Reese"...not our David Reese II the MLB who just graduated

16. okcgator

okcgator Senior

Sep 24, 2015
    Dayton
    Love the Brewster hire. Would like to see one more. Coach Mullen has done a great job on his second round of hires no doubt about it.

17. LAGatorDoc

LAGatorDoc GC Hall of Fame

Jul 29, 2012
    I was talking about David Reese’s brother (Stewart) in the post he quoted. The offensive line potential transfer from Miss St. Had nothing to do with II, or David.

18. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2008
    If you were being objective, you would need to give Georgia a B at best then if you give Florida a B+. Ringo was their sure fire guy because of speed and size. I don't think his overall agility would be at the level of Rogers, who is a pure athlete. If you look at Jalen Kimber's senior highlights, they do not show anything that really jumps out at you that you wouldn't see in any of the top 50 CB in the nation. He has some nice size and decent speed. Then the other two in the db class are two Louisiana players that LSU passed on in a year that was down for Louisiana recruits. When I look at how Torrence played like a terror after injury, how Johnson blew up his senior year, how Rogers showed himself to be picking up the cb position well in his first year at cb with incredible athleticism, how Avery Helms showed some really great ability to locate the ball and high point the ball with a massive wingspan, and how Ethan Pouncey showed the coaches he is a star in the making once he eats a few more biscuits, impressively willing to mix it up with anybody as a cb, I don't see anything to not like about the db class. Having Williams would have just been dirty. All of those guys can play at the highest level.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

[​IMG]

20. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Again my point is it’s not the 3 state schools recruiting Fla. Actually kids in reality think FSU or UF is just another school. It doesn’t mean a big deal. Yes in the old days Florida was the flagship but now that is just in name only.
    In reality there should be a big gap between UF vs UM /FSU. But it’s not.
    Throw in all the other schools and you then will realize we lose top and I mean very top kids who go out of state. If we were losing the leftovers I would be ok but it seems like Georgia/Clemson/Bama/OhioSt gets who they want and leave us scrambling.

• Agree Agree x 1