Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

LOI Thread

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by candymanfromgc, Feb 5, 2020.

1. twodaparty

twodaparty GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Foley isn’t our AD anymore. Our facilities will soon be better than bama’s. Like Bear Bryant always said, “Florida is The Sleeping GIANT!” No one has our built in advantages. Best school in the best state in the best conference. All you need is an elite coach and they prove that fact i.e. Spurrier, Meyer and Mullen (the latter in progress because he took over a way worse situation than the other two and the college landscape is more competitive now than ever).

2. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    You do if it pays well lol. But yea we know better than anyone (Zook and Muschamp) that being the guy following the guy, especially if you have NO previous HC experience, can be brutal.

3. atlantagator86

atlantagator86 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Alpharetta, GA
    I get what you're saying and yes, Bama will probably outspend any other school on football facilities, but realistically, what more is there these schools can do that's actually going to make them better or more attractive to a coach?

And is a coach really going to be willing to leave one elite top 10 program for another because of better facilities? I mean that might be the case UF had really bad facilities and wasn't willing to improve them, but that's not the case here.

As far as recruiting base, I have no idea what you're talking about. Bama shares a small state with under 5 million people with Auburn, while Florida shares a state with over 21 million people with FSU and Miami. Only 8 of Bama's 25 man class is from Alabama (less and 33%). 14 of Florida's 25 man class are from Florida (over 50%).

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. defensewinschampionships

defensewinschampionships GC Hall of Fame

Sep 16, 2018
    I know we all hate on FSU but Slobby Bobby was the GUY and Dumbo Jimbo was the GUY too. I still think he’s an idiot for leaving the ACC.

But there are very few of “THE GUY” in any sport so following him is not optimal because the odds of finding two in a row are astronomical

5. atlantagator86

atlantagator86 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Alpharetta, GA
    I think Jimbo knew FSU's program was broken and wanted out before it imploded.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

^This

Dan is building his own legacy at UF. He's young enough to potentially end up the GOAT at UF. He'd be nuts to abandon that for an opportunity to try and live up to Saban's legacy. Ditch his relationship with Stricklin so he can take on a whole new and unfamiliar organization? And then there's that Alabama vs Florida thing - where would you rather live? He needs to be treated right by the UF administration and the fans and he may stay here for a very long time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    Yea i see that lol cause i'm taking about not having to battle with other schools for recruits in state. 7 of the top 10 players in the state of Alabama went to Bama this past cycle. When they aren't recruiting national (which they kinda do more now than ever), they don't have to worry about in state comp the way UF would have to worry about it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. danmann65

danmann65 GC Legend

May 22, 2015
    I have a buddy who would cry war eagle at that.

9. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    Lol true and Auburn does get their fair share of in state talent too. I'm not trying to down play them in ANY way

10. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

and we KNOW they're ready and willing to pay $$$ for it too

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    Lmaooooooo

12. Ahab

Ahab GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Jimbo is the perfect illustration of why not to take the Bama job after Saban. Even though he had great success at F$U, he still took a bunch of crap for not being as good as Bowden. If he was taking the job now, he'd be treated like a conquering hero. Better to let someone else deal with the inevitable disappointment after Saban.

13. DoctorGator

DoctorGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Yep. The ONLY school that has been on NCAA probation more times for football-related infractions than Alabama is Auburn.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Well after that Cam Newton display of open cheating there’s zero doubt that Auburn does it - their bag men are freaking clergy

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    For Nick Saban and the guy that gets offered and figures its okay to be fired if the contract and buyout is solid. After Saban two seasons of mediocrity and the job becomes a nightmare.

16. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    GFY

17. You must not live amongst the gumps. I do.

Dan may get a call but dabo will get the $12-15 milper.

Which is fine because I don't think Mullen would go there anyway. He spent nearly 10 years being only 60 miles away from the revolting stench and knows it up close.

18. Nostradamus

Nostradamus GC Legend

Sep 18, 2015
    Dan can win a championship in Gville. No need to leave.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Nice work ! Even an old guy like me can figure that out! Peace be with you !

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  20. filamg8torfan

filamg8torfan GC Legend

Mar 17, 2019
    You nailed it. Keywords "the fans". I'm sure CDM hears/read fans complain about everything, not just in social media but in person as well. I have been a fan of the gators for more than 45 years. Even I can't stomach some of the things that fans say sometimes. I'm sure it can affect anybody. No matter how much you love doing something or love the team you coach, you might wake up one day and say, F this, I'm moving on. That's why you can never say never. Heck, I thought coach Spurrier would coach here forever, but we all know how that story went.

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1