Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

LOI Thread

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by candymanfromgc, Feb 5, 2020.

1. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Latitude Margaritaville
    Got a feeling you are correct. For some reason I don’t feel this is Mullen’s forever job. When Saban retires Dan he will get a call. So folks enjoy while u can. Some of y’all who don’t like him will get your wish and you will see what happens ! Jus sayin

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. atlantagator86

atlantagator86 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Alpharetta, GA
    The problem here is unrealistic expectations and people's ability to hear what they want to hear. Losing Tae Williams was a total surprise and it hurt ... alot. But the rest of the day went pretty much exactly how Candy and most of the other sites expected. Those are the same people who very quietly gave us hope in the last day or 2 that Princely was still a real possibility.

But it's been pretty much stated for the last few weeks that Gibbs (GT), SVP (UGA) and Clayton (CU), were almost definitely sticking with their commitments. Anyone who went into yesterday thinking any of those 3 would be Gators were just setting themselves up for disappointment.

In addition, Beckwith was trending toward UTN over the last week. That was discussed quite a bit. There was still a shot that he'd change his mind, but I think our chances were pretty low.

The point being that going into yesterday, we should have expected Henderson and Williams for sure, Princely and Beckwith were possibilities but probably less than 50-50%. We signed 2 of those 4 and had room to sign Shorter. That's really about what should have been expected yesterday. If we had signed Tae, we would have exceeded expectations for the day.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. atlantagator86

Apr 3, 2007
    Alpharetta, GA
    You really think Mullen would jump at the Bama job? I mean UF is pretty clearly one of the top 10 college football jobs in the country. I don't think a coach at a top 10 job is likely to leave that job for another college football job. Now if you said NFL job, that might be a different story.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. twodaparty

twodaparty GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I would like an answer in regards to this as well.

5. tommyvee

tommyvee GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007
    A malaphor?

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Certainly Ricks and Ringo are elite.....don't think there is much debate there. But that doesn't preclude UF signees from being elite. I would put Rogers right there with them.
    IMO you can't just pluck the top name from UGA and LSU, and because they are 5 star, claim those DB classes are elite and UF's is a B+. It's like reading the headline without bothering to read the entire article. It is certainly a subjective analysis, and as you state it is your opinion which is just as valid as mine. I just hope the analysis is a little deeper than "they got a big name 5 star and we didn't"

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Not to start rumors but I believe its about Evans going to OV to UF.

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. MyakkaGator

MyakkaGator GC Hall of Fame

The only two I could think of is either Evans or or Ricky Slade via the portal.

9. DoctorGator

DoctorGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    I'm not concerned about losing William's, and I am not blaming anybody for it. You're talking about an 18-year old narcissist that has built a lifetime reputation of making poor decisions. He's committed to multiple schools, has two babies (that he claims) with two different girls. That's GIRLS. He obviously trolled us. And you want that in our locker room?

Just last night Al Horford said that the reason for the problems with the 76ers stems from "problems in the locker room." Let Manny deal with this head case. We'll do just fine without him.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. mkfgator

mkfgator Junior

Aug 28, 2019
    So I guess no one thinks we have a shot to win an SEC or NC in the next 3 years? Or, maybe I ought to rephrase that to say "no Gator fans".

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. gator7_5

gator7_5 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    That would be awesome!!! Definitely worth the risk. He's a game changer.

12. gator7_5

gator7_5 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    I think everyone here does. We have great QB play, finally. That keeps you in the conversation no matter what other holes you have. If we had an All SEC safety, I'd feel better though.

13. MadduxFanII

MadduxFanII GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Yeah, but 347 is 100...somethings better.

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. recongator

recongator GC Legend

Nov 26, 2017
    Rivals
    UT #7
    UF #8
    Yikes!!
    Gas meet Fire

15. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Read my lips, not only no but HELL NO. The best news is that Dan would not leave even if offered. He might however use Bama to get a raise. :)

The Bama job is not that attractive actually.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    No kidding. Ruh roh.

17. atlantagator86

Apr 3, 2007
    Alpharetta, GA
    Exactly. The fan expectations at Bama are worse than at UF. Florida, with the facility upgrades we're doing and the recruiting base, has pretty much everything Bama has and has the financial resources to match any offer made to Mullen.

If they called, I expect he'd listen and maybe even interview, but it would effectively be a lateral move. Same could be said for the big P5 programs like LSU, UGA, Texas, Michigan, Ohio State and Texas A&M. Only way it happens if if the coach has a specific reason to want to leave the school they're at.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    It really is cause they're going to POUR money into football resources that Florida never will. Not that UF is cheap, but it seems to me that UF values allocating money towards all sports while Bama athletics sink or swim on the success of their football program. Plus, no state recruiting competition. That job is hella attractive

19. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Williams has two kids already? That explains why he chose Miami- he has very poor judgment.

20. Ahab

Ahab GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Taking the Bama job after Saban would be a very bad idea. Whoever it is will be endlessly compared to Saban and there will be a ton of bitching if you don't manage to keep up with his ridiculous level of success. You never want to be the guy following THE guy.

• Agree Agree x 1