Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

LOI Thread

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by candymanfromgc, Feb 5, 2020.

1. filamg8torfan

filamg8torfan GC Legend

Mar 17, 2019
    Maybe he'll still be there when we play UM. Then, he will get a chance to play with a real team.

2. filamg8torfan

filamg8torfan GC Legend

Mar 17, 2019
    8 DBs is only a B+ to you. Tough crowd around here.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. filamg8torfan

filamg8torfan GC Legend

Mar 17, 2019
    And you know that because the recruiting services said so? Yep. That must be it.

4. filamg8torfan

filamg8torfan GC Legend

Mar 17, 2019
    Lots of people here have short memories. Only 3 seasons ago, this team won 4 games. People are going to realize how good they have it now once CDM moves on to bigger and better things.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Bowiegator

Bowiegator Junior

Apr 3, 2007
    Great stuff here. I think they should rank based off your top 18 to 20 players so kickers and punters don’t hurt you.
    Also on that same thinking strength of schedule should only include your toughest 8 games IMO. Basically basic statistics and take out the outliers.

6. okcgator

okcgator Senior

Sep 24, 2015
    Dayton
    The point is not CDM and staff have done a poor job. I think in most regards the program is vastly superior to what they took over. Mullen is the one preaching competition and a standard. If his goal is to win championships he will have to make changes to take the next step. There is nothing wrong with that.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  7. your_perfect_enemy

your_perfect_enemy GC Hall of Fame

Apr 7, 2010
    Name one regard it isn’t

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. gatorranger7

gatorranger7 Senior

Jun 8, 2007
    We have the whiniest fans I know. That’s all. Go back to your regular posting.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  9. okcgator

okcgator Senior

Sep 24, 2015
    Dayton
    Record vs UGA

Honestly we all know the program is in better shape than before. Mullen has hit home runs with his last to staff replacements. I’m interested to see what he does with retooling the staff. With Scott gone this means we must land a strong recruiter.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
  10. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Which of our db signees lack elite talent? Who are the UGA and LSU kids that are so much better? Look forward to your analysis

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. MyakkaGator

MyakkaGator GC Hall of Fame

@candymanfromgc have you seen this tweet from Dexter about an hour ago?

Cryptic but definitely interesting.. What say you?

• Informative Informative x 2
  12. Endless Excuses

Endless Excuses GC Hall of Fame

Jan 13, 2010
    Easy...Time of Possession!..lol.

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. Zepgator

Zepgator All American

Oct 18, 2010
    You gotta admit bro, that was whiny too!

14. hotelgator

hotelgator All American

Jun 21, 2007
    Boston
    Lol, same garbage different day!!

A grade imho...

Great class with great upside!!

BTW.. chiefs we got a guy named Savage!! These kids will be men soon enough!!

Go Gators

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Joaqui

Joaqui Junior

Jul 17, 2016
    Im no football expert so my opinion is strictly my opinion and nothing more. Does not have to change anyone’s opinion.

Ricks and Ringo are elite talent. There is nothing wrong with our DB class. I just dont think it’s elite. I like our DB class a lot and adding Britt would be that much more.

there is this constant thought that if we arent the best then we are the worst. It’s ok to accept that we didnt land the best but we landed a very good group.

I gave our DB class a B+. Thats a really good grade by any standard.

16. ncbullgator15

ncbullgator15 Junior

Jul 16, 2019
    MY only complaint is Knox. Williams trolled us. He had no intention of coming to UF. Good luck to him with those two baby mamas.

17. ncg8or

ncg8or GC Legend

May 28, 2007
    We had 4 open spots on NSD and landed 1 player when 2 weeks ago we were wondering how we were going to have room for all the kids that wanted to come. The article linked in the "NSD one week away thoughts" thread mentions Gibbs, Williams, Beckwith, and Van Pran. Here's the "Florida Gators National Signing Day Schedule" from 247:

ATH Damarcus Beckwith - 9:00 a.m. CT
    RB Ashaad Clayton (Colorado commit) - 10:00 a.m. CT hour
    OC Sedrick Van Pran (Georgia commit) - 10:00 a.m. CT hour
    S Avantae Williams - 12:00 p.m. ET
    RB Jahmyr Gibbs (Georgia Tech commit) - 12:30 p.m. ET
    DE Princely Umanmielen - 2:30 p.m. CT

The class is great as far as I'm concerned, but the finish was underwhelming. Losing Williams to Miami was a big blow. He would have been the 3rd highest ranked kid we signed, but more importantly he would have cemented that UF was once again the top recruiting dog in Florida.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. maxgator

maxgator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Is this necessary? Nobody attached him or questioned him... Unless you are referring to my statement "idiot." Which clearly was not directed to him.

19. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    I agree with everything you said here.

Agree with this too. Class is solid but we def should have owned the state considering Miami and FSU are rebuilding. We finished tied with Miami with 8 blue chips from the state of Florida and FSU finished with 6. Great that the big 3 are holding down the state again, but we should have def finished with like 12ish players if we're being honest. I don't care how much the appeal of Clemson was, we should have gotten Bowman or/and Keyvonne Lee and a few others but that's here nor there. Granted, perception definitely will change if by the grace of gawd Manuel and Britt have the necessary grades to be admitted to UF.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Hell I think even 247 said the same thing

• Funny Funny x 9