Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Live: President Trump MAGA rally in Tulsa, OK

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Bazza, Jun 20, 2020.

1. coach

coach GC Hall of Fame

Dec 5, 2008
    Boca Raton
    You could see Obama was going to be the man when he was the Keynote Speaker at the Democratic convention in 2004. I was hoping they could swap him for Kerry right there. lol

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. iowagator

iowagator VIP Member

I have not read their rules. I would speculate there is something in them that would allow the Executive Committee that approved keeping the platform to at least make editorial changes. Party rules are complex at all levels (having been on numerous platform committees over the years I assure you they can be complex and arcane). There are usually ways to get around things in emergency situations.

3. RIP

RIP VIP Member

Feb 2, 2015
    In before the Lincoln Project is designated a terrorist organization.

• Funny Funny x 12
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  4. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    My favorite part of that article: he wants it in "short form." He can't even be bothered to put together a full platform. He cares so little about people or policy that he can't even figure out how to put out a basic outline of what he wants to do.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  5. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator

Apr 8, 2007
  6. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Oh, come on...admit it. You were just as stoked as the live "crowd" when he picked up that glass of water and drank from it with one hand. I know just watching the stream, the excitement generated in that arena was palpable. I would vote for Bobby Bowden before I would vote for DJT and even I wanted to "high five" somebody, preferably wearing a red hat. It was right up there with Neal Armstrong's "one small step."

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Tjgators

Tjgators VIP Member Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I hope he picks a cantaloupe. He is a cantaloupe with no real policy or new ideas. So, we would have two cantaloupes on the ticket. Trump has beat the democrats time and again for the last 3 1/2 years. He has survived the RINO's that vote against whatever he proposes. He has beaten the media that has not one good word to say about his policies. He has overcome Hollywood and Late night shows that bash him daily. Hillary had zero chance to lose to him and then she did. The odds have have increased against him with the virus and riots/protests. The economy took a big hit. I love the confidence of the democrats. Is it the same confidence of 2016? Will the polls fool us again?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. coach

coach GC Hall of Fame

Dec 5, 2008
    Boca Raton
    The only thing he's done is expose a complicit and feckless GOP that needs to be voted out with him. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Emmitto

Emmitto GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    "
    This whole thing is so bizarre it will be hard to clown. But I'll try. These some of the captions I'd use to poke fun:

"Oh yeah, that's right, I have to do the commencement at West Point...."
    "Beautiful ca-dets!"
    "...inspecting little" areas of building, that was very exciting...."
    "...after an hour, a general that runs it, fantastic..."
    "...it's like a workout without a weight, right?"
    "...brand new helicopters, the Apaches and the other new ones...."
    "...hour--HOURS! I came home, I had a nice tan..."
    "...I finished saluting my final salute..."
    "...I left in the morning to get there...now it's sorta late in the afternoon..."
    "...I had this whole corps or ca-dets looking at me, and I want them to love their president..."
    "...I'm being baked, I'm being baked like a cake..."
    "...he's got these shoes, that they're loaded with rubber on the bottom...
    "...the first thing I did, I looked at his shoes..."
    "...And I was really bent over, I didn't like that, I didn't like this picture..."
    "...I looked very handsome...."
    "...the sun's like this...this way they save on lighting, that's why they did it probably..."
    "...you couldn't lift your hand up, to your mouth with water..."
    "...I just saluted 600 times, like this, and this was before I saluted, so what's the problem..."
    "...Where the hell did this water come from, huh? WHERE DID IT COME FROM?"
    "...because I've done it, spilled a little water on your tie and it doesn't look good for a long time and frankly the tie is never the same."
    "...they gave me the da da disease. They gave me the da da disease..."

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. NavyGator93

NavyGator93 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2015
    Georgia
    At this point, trump is reminding me of the Kim Jong-un character in "The Interview".

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. GatorGuyDallas

GatorGuyDallas VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Plano, Texas
    No

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Guardian of the GC Galaxy Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    If it wasn't for Trump, Hillary would have been the candidate with the lowest approval ratings ever elected.

Trump trumped her on the bottom of the barrel approval ratings, but won even while losing by a few million votes, by playing a smart EC strategy.

Biden doesn't have Hillary's negative ratings, and Trump keeps exposing himself (in so many ways), so his approval is even lower than it was in 2016.

Biden could still mess this up and lose, but at this point, his chances are pretty good. Which is a good thing for the country.

If I was picking VP I would pick Condi in a heart beat. Landslide victory and a huge positive impact in the new cabinet. I know he won't do that, though. Given the current state of racial issues and calls for police reform, I think Deming would be a good pick from the Dem side.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator

Apr 8, 2007
    I was offline with no TV for the weekend and am now getting caught up. A friend told me that Trump spent 20 minutes of that speech explaining why he walked so slowly and carefully down the ramp.
    I thought he was just kidding.
    Apparently I was wrong.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. NavyGator93

Dec 4, 2015
    Georgia
    Huge Condi fan, not many centrist type Republicans out there anymore.
    Although female and African American, I wonder, given that she spent most of her life as a Pub, if her as a VP would alienate too many of the Bernie supporter and keep them home on election day. Then again, that may be mitigated by pulling in moderate republican voters that can't stomach trump.

• Like Like x 1
  15. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Guardian of the GC Galaxy Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Good question. I think she would pull so much crossover and independents it wouldn't matter if some Dems stayed at home.

Just my gut feel, though. Nothing to back it up.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. homer

homer GC Hall of Fame

Nov 2, 2015
    Condi fan here as well.

I think she would pull enough fed up pubs and conservatives to offset any losses from the other side.

I wish she was running for president.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. gogata125

gogata125 Junior

May 25, 2020
    If only the party of prez candidate A would just pick a veep from party B...

Yeah, the Dems really want a VP for a 77-year-old prez that would fire everyone if she got the job and replace them all with old Bush guys.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. tec68

tec68 GC Hall of Fame

Aug 12, 2010
    Vero Beach
    I didn’t like Obama and I did not vote for him but he was still my President. Own them all or don’t own any of them.

19. NavyGator93

Dec 4, 2015
    Georgia
    Yup. But, if she runs as VP, she may be president.
    Both prospective VPs have to be viewed through a presidential lens because whoever wins, seems like a decent chance the VP may take over due to advanced age of President.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. nolancarey

nolancarey GC Hall of Fame

Aug 16, 2009
    I'm not rich enough to own any politician.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1