Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Live: President Trump MAGA rally in Tulsa, OK

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Bazza, Jun 20, 2020.

1. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    We need a rating for "Funniest post ever".

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator

Apr 8, 2007

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. GatorGuyDallas

GatorGuyDallas VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Plano, Texas
    The tag line at the end was spectacular.

Biden - He’s not a whiny biotch

:ninja3:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    There are a lot of moderate conservatives willing to vote for a lukewarm democrat in order to get rid of Trump. A fired up liberal on the ticket pushes them back into Trump’s arms. They need the most boring bland candidates possible so that those conservatives aren’t afraid of letting them have four years in charge. A Bernie or Warren or Abrams (or AOC) would give Trump another four years.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. tampajack1

tampajack1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    As to be expected.

6. iowagator

iowagator VIP Member

I am shocked that they didn't even, apparently, read the thing before they approved it as the "new" platform. Just one more example of not paying attention to details!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. GatorGuyDallas

GatorGuyDallas VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Plano, Texas
    When the head of the party won’t read the Presidential Daily Brief, this is what that kind of leadership produces.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer Premium Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Biden is the lukewarm Democrat. The VP needs to be somebody dynamic. Abrams is out of the running. Warren is too old. Bernie isn't in consideration. It sounds like it's coming down to Harris, Demings, Rice, and Bottoms, most likely Harris, Rice, or Demings.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    The inability to change it is the result of splitting off part of the convention to Jax.

Trump may be stuck with awkwardly worded GOP platform

From the platform:

"At another point, the platform notes that “the current Administration has abandoned America’s friends and rewarded its enemies.”"

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Emmitto

Emmitto GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Agree with the electoral calculus, generally. Not sold we are in that spot, every election is different. I find Joe’s glaringly positive attribute to be Not Trump. Otherwise I have no love.

Given that, what do you think of Harris?

11. gogata125

gogata125 Junior

May 25, 2020
    The VP choice has not mattered in many consecutive presidential elections. In the booth, voters come down to a binary choice for president only.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. obgator

obgator GC Legend

Apr 3, 2007
    I just noticed the Trex hands in the silhouette. Bravo!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  13. gator_lawyer

Oct 30, 2017
    That's generally true, but I think it could be different this time, especially with representation coming into play.

14. StrangeGator

StrangeGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    My vote is for someone smart enough and competent enough to take the reins from Biden when the time comes. To me, that's Rice.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. StrangeGator

StrangeGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    McCain would have been a serious challenge to Obama without the woman who could see Russia from her house. McCain wanted Lieberman. He didn't get his way. He might very well have won if they'd left things alone.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. gator_lawyer

Oct 30, 2017
    Obviously, we can't turn back time and know, but I think McCain was buggered no matter what he did. The country would be in a better place if he picked Lieberman, but he still would have lost. Obama was just too strong of a candidate, and the economy melting down under Bush doomed McCain.

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. AndyGator

AndyGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    McCain lost when the republican party forced him into a conservative platform that was against his ideals. He would have lost without republican support if he had maintained his ideal platform.

Essentially, he lost the moment he won the primary.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    McCain would have lost to "generic Democrat" most likely, and that wasn't a reflection on him, it was all thanks to W.

W was probably at least a 5 point handicap to any R candidate in that election, and frankly it was amazing it was even that close. Just shows how dug in some people are to political identities.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte

20. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    A part of it was that the RNC convention is still in Charlotte, and because of the way the rules are setup, the platform has to be decided there. But all the people who need to be involved in passing the platform will be at Trump’s acceptance speech in Jacksonville, so the party wasn’t going to be able to modify the platform under their existing rules. Now that people have brought attention to how idiotic their platform is for 2020 I’m guessing they will revise the rules to allow for changing the platform.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1