Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Lions Head Coach Matt Patricia was indicted in 1996 sex assault

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by orangeblue_coop, May 10, 2018.

1. GoCocks3877

GoCocks3877 Senior

Nov 14, 2015
    If he didn’t do anything wrong, then how is it a lie? If he told them then he would never get a job, because he would be guilty in their eyes no matter evidence or no evidence.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Notoriousgator

Notoriousgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    He was indicted, jailed and investigated. I know he wasn't convicted but I don't believe him.

3. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Only if fits the agenda. Other accusations go nowhere. Even as crazy as this all is, it's far from consistent, or even-handed.

4. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Kosovo
    You may be 100% right ... or wrong. I’m afraid we will never know for sure with a single accusation this old. As to your logic, if I was falsely accused of sexual assault 20 years ago (not saying he’s falsely accused), then you’re damn right I would keep it as quiet as I could. That doesn’t mean I’d be lying. It might just mean I’m mortified by the whole thing.

• Winner Winner x 2
  5. Notoriousgator

Apr 3, 2007
    I hear you. He reserves the right to keep quiet but he'd better be ready to answer for it once it's revealed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Kosovo
    Answer what, though? Unless there’s a video, what do you really expect a man to say after 20 years except “I didn’t do it. Please leave me alone”? You can’t prove or disprove anything at this point.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. bperkins10

bperkins10 All American

May 25, 2007
    Illinois
    Wood: Lions followed law with Patricia hiring

If this article is correct and you are not allowed to consider arrests after seven years, then the Lions/NFL would be breaking the law for not hiring him. Now every team that doesn't hire him because of this incident will be breaking the law.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. bperkins10

bperkins10 All American

May 25, 2007
    Illinois
    The girl was scared out of her mind to testify against these rats.

Why would the girl be scared out of her mind to testify? These were two unknown college students she didn't and nobody else in the country would have even know. It is not like they were some big name college athlete of that it was going to be a high profile case.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Notoriousgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Alot of victims/survivors are afraid to testify/confront the accused. They dont want to relive the event or theyre scared of cross examination from the defense. Some testify. Some don't.

She said she was scared.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    The NFL has established a precedent of suspending employees for accusations whether found guilty or not for what happened to them before they entered the league. Ezekiel Elliott being suspended set that standard, they have no choice but to follow through with the same course of action for anybody else now.

11. Notoriousgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Btw, I didn't say she's scared of "them." I simply stated she was afraid to testify.

12. pd_gator

pd_gator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 6, 2013
    Florida
    Anybody else wondering if BB "secretly" released this info? I certainly do, tbh.

• Like Like x 1
  13. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    I thought maybe the New York Giants secretly had something to do with it. They wanted him badly and thought they had him until he spurned them and chose the Lions.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. pd_gator

pd_gator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 6, 2013
    Florida
    Ohhh, I did not know that. Interesting.