Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Links from my youtube channel to Gator Country

Discussion in 'Gator Bytes' started by Gator515151, Jun 2, 2022.

1. Gator515151

Gator515151 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 4, 2007
    I have noticed something a bit strange lately. I used to post a video link from my youtube channel and it would play just fine. I have noticed for some reason the last few videos I posted played the first time or two then just become like a thumbnail with no video. This does not seem to be happening if I link to someone elses youtube channel.

Does anybody have any idea what is causing this. I'm going to post a video here as an example.

2. Gator515151

Apr 4, 2007

3. Gator515151

Apr 4, 2007
    The gunsmoke link seems to be working so I posted the boy and the bear one which doesn't seem to work. Maybe it is just my newer videos that aren't working. Gunsmoke was done a year ago.

4. LakeGator

LakeGator Mostly Harmless Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Temple Terrace
    The Bytes forum is intended to provide generic techie help and not a way to get GatorCountry assistance. The folks that wander through can provide tips and ideas but none of us have a clue as to what goes on behind the silicon curtain hiding the innards of GC. The technical decisions behind GC are virtually never revealed to any of us who volunteer our time to moderate and administer the site.

My GUESS is that the ‘feature’ you are seeing is related to the random behavior exhibited on posting photos and Twitter links. I have pinged in the back room at GC asking and prodding about these latter two items and never get any response. These random failures have been a ‘feature’ on GC for a couple of years. The original response was that the servers were being updated and the behavior would get fixed once that was done. My GUESS is that the ‘feature’ is related to the way the site is being supported by a server farm and some way that the replication of state is not being maintained. That is probably not correct.

As a point of interest, I see both YouTube videos on my windoze computer so both links are working for me – at this point.

Hopefully, someone else can offer more help but my guess is that this is something that is a ‘feature’ that is not going to get fixed.