Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Liberals Rewrite History!

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by chemgator, May 6, 2020.

1. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    A very good explanation of why one should vote democrat. Issue Number One: Integrity. The democrats have it in spades, baby. They know an injustice when they see it, and they know when to cover their eyes when they don't want to see it. Next issue.

Liberals Rewrite History to Justify Their #MeToo Hypocrisy

The article does a good job of explaining why you shouldn't ask too many questions when a democrat is accused of a sexual offense by an obviously shady character, while you demand justice when a republican is accused by someone whose story "improves" every time she tells it.

This Tara Reade at one time worked for Biden. Isn't it convenient that she now has accusations against . . . none other than some guy named Biden who has a history of inappropriate behavior with women. It's obviously a setup.

Only the democrats' standards could be so good that they doubled their standards, ostensibly for Truth, Justice, and the American Way. Justice isn't easy, but having the democrats in charge of the media sure helps.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2020
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 9
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    The more desperate they become, the more bullshit they post.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  3. gatorzfan

gatorzfan VIP Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Why do I feel you didn't read the article that was linked?

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    It’s an opinion piece from the National Review. So what? It’s a stupid article actually trying to revise history by accusing others of revising history. What a joke of an opinion. It’s terrible. Such outlandish opinions with no basis.... see how easy it is for me to write one of those too? I could go all day.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer Premium Member

Oct 30, 2017
    We already have a thread for Reade. And how is anybody supposed to take an op-ed seriously that can't even accurately state the facts? Reade does not have a time or place. She has never given a date and has vaguely described a general area where it could have happened.

I'm not much into hearing more bad faith attempts to equate the two from conservatives desperate to justify their persecution complexes. Anybody who tries to claim Reade is more credible is extremely ignorant, extremely stupid, or extremely dishonest (or all of the above).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. gatorzfan

gatorzfan VIP Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Well stated;)

7. chemgator

Apr 3, 2007
    The point is that the democrats call for an investigation (and demand withdrawal of the candidate while they ask for the investigation) when a republican is accused, but go silent (or attack the witness) when a democrat is accused (they do NOT call for an investigation). That is called a "double standard". If you cannot understand that, you probably don't know what a double standard is, or you are blinded by your partisanship. The liberal media's smear campaign was apparently effective, based on the liberal responses on this thread, but it cannot hide the obvious fact that liberals have a double standard.

At best, all liberals can try to claim is that the witness is unreliable. That, of course, implies that Biden is unqualified to be president because he selects unreliable people to work for him. Will we be able to trust the Secretary of Defense with our military decisions if that person turns out to be unreliable? What if Biden's female V.P. turns out to be unreliable? Will it be that easy to throw her under the bus? Will liberals develop a triple standard?

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. chemgator

Apr 3, 2007
    I do agree that liberals do tend to post some B.S. at times... But having Biden (elderly guy with memory difficulties and problems with inappropriate behavior towards women) as a candidate is probably making them desperate. I won't vote for Trump, but I haven't seen enough to commit to voting for Creepy Joe.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
  9. swampbabe

swampbabe GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL
    Al Franken

• Winner Winner x 4
  10. tigator2019

tigator2019 All American

Dec 25, 2018
    In my head--- UF
    Here's an idea. A guy like me who is GOP is voting Biden.

Doesn't matter what the opinion piece says.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. slayerxing

slayerxing GC Hall of Fame

Aug 14, 2007
    First of all, Al Franken totally blows up your narrative. Second, there is already a thread on this. Here is some reading about 538 about It.

How The Media Has — And Hasn’t — Covered Tara Reade’s Allegation

k
    ey concept here - is the liberal media covering this with less follow ups because they are biased or because there isn’t anything there? Also there is the confounding factor of coronavirus. This is a good excuse for conservative outlets to pivot away from it or maybe other outlets have covered it sufficiently and it’s just proportionally a lot less than Fox News for example because they want any excuse to lead with something other than the virus. Lots of variables.

• Winner Winner x 3
  12. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer Premium Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Investigate it. Plenty have. It only makes clear that Reade has no credibility. There's no silence here. I'm quite loudly (in print form) proclaiming that Reade's allegation is fraudulent. I had no issue standing up and calling out Justin Fairfax, Bill Clinton, and Al Franken. I'm not calling out Biden because he didn't do it. Repeating that there's a double standard is only going to preach to your partisan choir. Different cases with different facts and witnesses are evaluated differently. And that's how it should work.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Trickster

Trickster Premium Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Florida
    What's wrong with the article is extrapolating the nonsense of one NYT columnist to a conclusion that all liberals are hypocrites. I guarantee you every liberal I know is concerned about the allegation, wanted Biden to address it, and wants an investigation. Yes, we believe him and have concerns about her veracity, but that doesn't make us hypocrites.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Trickster

Trickster Premium Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Florida
    Hmmm. Why won't you vote for Trump?

• Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  15. chemgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Hmmm. I don't like him, as a politician or a person. I did not vote for him in 2016 (I had a write-in vote for Kasich). I view him as a con-man and dishonest businessman with no political experience and some severe insecurities.

This issue is not about Trump. It is about Kavanaugh and Biden. Pay attention, please.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Trickster

Trickster Premium Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Florida
    I paid attention to you saying you wouldn't vote for Trump. Doesn't that count, or is it off to the corner for me?

17. chemgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Well, hardly any of the democrat senators called for Kavanaugh to be dropped like a hot potato before the investigation was complete, except for the 100% of them who did. And zero percent of the democrat senators even called for an investigation of Biden. If your Congress doesn't represent you, why did you put them in office?

18. slayerxing

slayerxing GC Hall of Fame

Aug 14, 2007
    by that same token republicans in congress should have all called for investigations into trump during the 2016 election and they didn’t.

there is not just one side that is doing something wrong here.

19. chemgator

Apr 3, 2007
    I was merely making the point that I am not supporting an investigation of Biden as a way to support Trump in the upcoming election. I don't like last-minute surprises in elections--I would rather know the facts as soon as possible. For one thing, a last-minute surprise doesn't always work. The film producer that released Trump's "grab 'em by the p---y comment" was too late with his cheap-shot revelation, because the voters had already made up their minds and committed emotionally to Trump. Choosing presidents by emotional reaction to remarks and short speeches (or hidden audio/video clips) is not a good way to solve the nation's problems; it's a good way to advance the Idiocracy.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. chemgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Trump WAS investigated by the FBI at Obama's direction, based on a questionable tip that originated from Hillary's campaign. Why would a republican support that? Do you want each side in an election year to use connections and fabricated stories to generate an investigative history against the opposing candidate? When Jared Kushner is running for president in 2024, do you want President Trump to force the FBI to investigate the leading democrat candidate based on a fabricated accusation by Kushner's campaign?

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1