Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Let's hear your Top 5 Netflix/Streaming Series

Discussion in 'GatorTail Pub' started by akaGatorhoops, Apr 7, 2018.

1. GatorToTheEnd

GatorToTheEnd VIP Member

Oct 4, 2014
    Pensacola, Fl
    Didn't mean to imply it would happen due to contract, just to momentum. They've already nixed LC and IF which pretty much ends defenders as I don't see Mike Colter or Finn Jones signing on without their own show (I could be wrong). JJ is great, but I think interest will drop off if Defenders isn't around. DD may survive as stand alone.
    I hope none of this happens, but I just feel Netflix is less excited about the project w/ the Marvel channel.

As for LC, I get that I'm in the minority, but it was tied w/ JJ for me. I actually liked how the conflict was more down to Earth and limited as well as the slower pace.
    Then again, I'm also the lone person on Earth that preferred Superman Returns to Man of Steal, so . . . .

2. jewood592

jewood592 VIP Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Orlando
    I don’t have 5 because I’m more of a movie guy than series guy, but the wife and I just watched the first episode of The Haunting of Hill House. Creeeepy!

3. gator_lyn

gator_lyn Junior

Oct 28, 2017
    Been hooked on that show. I only started watching it this week and I’m on ep 4 now.

Been a while since I got into a series

4. jewood592

jewood592 VIP Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Orlando

This one is worth the watch.

5. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Watched ‘Beirut’ on Amazon Prime last night. Enjoyed, thought it was pretty good. Tony Gilroy, the main cog behind the Bourne movies was the screenwriter.

6. GatorNavy

GatorNavy Anchors Aweigh Moderator VIP Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Space Coast
    I realize it's not a series, but I enjoyed Outlaw/King on Netflix. There were some pretty graphic battle scenes, so caution is advised if that may bother you.

7. anstro76

anstro76 GC Hall of Fame

Feb 14, 2008
    St.Petersburg
    I know it's not Netflix, but appears this thread has morphed more into a streaming of all kinds thing now, so I'll add that I just started The Man in the High Castle. I'm completely hooked, I blew through season 1 now over halfway through season 2. This season definitely starting to show the Philip K. Dick authorship.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Finished ‘Bodyguard’, a series on Netflix yesterday. It’s only 6 episodes, and not bad. I really like the British stuff vs most of what’s put out here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. OklahomaGator

OklahomaGator Jedi Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Watched that too, it was pretty good.

10. gatorlaxn

gatorlaxn All American

Aug 28, 2014
    Atlanta Ga
    Just binged watch the first two seasons of Ozark!! I really liked it! Plus it is filmed across the street( the Byrds home) from my mother in-law on lake Lanier.

• Like Like x 1
  11. StrangeGator

StrangeGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    Is anyone watching America to Me on Starz? It's a 10 part documentary series directed by Steve James (Hoop Dreams) about the achievement gap between white students and African American students set at my kids' high school. Haven't seen it myself but it's supposed to be very good.

12. MyakkaGator

MyakkaGator GC Hall of Fame

Luther is one of my favorites of all time and season five starts after the beginning of the year.. can't wait!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. MyakkaGator

my five:
    the killing
    Luther
    manhunt
    Yellowstone
    the Ranch

Dexter is my all-time favorite show but I watched it before it was on Netflix so I didn't count it..

Luther is amazing! very complex characters and Ruth Wilson (Alice) is so freaking sexy!

Manhunt: Unabomber was fantastic! Sam Worthington and Paul Betany give absolutely unbelievable performances!

The Killing is edge of your seat at all times! the evolution of holder and linden through the course of four seasons are extraordinary

Yellowstone is very well done and it spares no detail in the ranching industry.

the Ranch keeps me laughing and the cast is top notch!

14. defensewinschampionships

defensewinschampionships GC Hall of Fame

Sep 16, 2018
    I don’t have a top 5 but I really enjoyed Frontier

15. wrpgator

wrpgator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2013
    Wife and I currently hooked on Broadchurch, an English crime drama very well written and acted. The writers kind of mess with your head as you try to figure out whodunit.

16. MyakkaGator

if you like broadchurch, you will fall in love with Luther!

17. wrpgator

wrpgator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2013
    Thanks for the recommendation Myakka!

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  18. MyakkaGator

I'm so smitten with Alice! (Ruth Wilson)

first episode, there's a scene where she asks John Luther if he came to her apartment for sex. ..

if she asked me the way she asked him, I would be like "MM, YES PLEASE!!!"

Let me know when you start it and tell me what you think.

19. wrpgator

wrpgator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2013
    I have to rate you a competent judge based on the pic you include in every post. Now I have to check out this Luther show and see about Alice.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. MyakkaGator

she's beautiful to be sure, but it's her intelligence that is just such a freaking turn on!

• Informative Informative x 2