Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Let's hear your Top 5 Netflix/Streaming Series

Discussion in 'GatorTail Pub' started by akaGatorhoops, Apr 7, 2018.

1. defensewinschampionships

defensewinschampionships GC Hall of Fame

Sep 16, 2018
    Last Kingdom, Knightfall, Frontier

2. Anyone watch El Camino yet? No spoilers please!

3. ArtVandelay

ArtVandelay GC Hall of Fame

Dec 19, 2011
    South Florida
    Netflix has some pretty interesting original movies.

Fractured
    Always Be My Maybe
    The Perfection
    In the Shadow of the Moon
    Set It Up

4. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    The new season of Peaky Blinders was fantastic. Can’t wait for the next season!!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. OklahomaGator

OklahomaGator Jedi Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Watched the first half of it last night, will let you know when I finish it.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  6. I definitely liked Always Be My Maybe...the Keanu Reeves part was hilarious

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. akaGatorhoops

akaGatorhoops VIP Member GC Columnist

Apr 10, 2007
    I watched it the very first night it was available.
    I liked it, but have a gripe or two.

• Like Like x 1
  8. akaGatorhoops

Apr 10, 2007
    My favorite show on netflix.
    I loved this season too, though I thought it left more loose ends than previous seasons.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    This season revealed Evil. Pure and simple.

I loved it. But I’m still not sure how I feel about the surprise appearance in, the last episode (don’t want to give away spoilers)

10. akaGatorhoops

Apr 10, 2007
    I agree. Though I do love the character you are referencing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I plan to watch it within the next few days so once I do I will PM you and we can discuss

12. Swamplizard

Swamplizard VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    GOT
    Peaky Blinders
    Sopranos
    Carnival Row
    Dexter
    Man in the High Castle
    Stranger Things
    Altered Carbon

13. leftcoastgator

leftcoastgator Ambivalent Zealot Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Sonoma, CA
    Saw El Camino. Liked it. It was great to be back among the amoral, drug-addled, sleazeball criminals and pushers of Albuquerque. I missed them. More, please.

Recent views:
    Carnival Row on Amazon. Really good fantasy drama, very well done. Terrific performances and world building. I have a crush on Cara Delevingne, who plays a fairy, but in a hot way. WARNING: some of the nudity is really good.
    Criminal UK on Netflix. Like an old fashioned teleplay, set in and around an interrogation room. Three really good episodes of a well written tick-tock crime drama. There are 4 different shows, with different stories, set in Spain, France, Germany. and UK, all in native language but filmed on the same set. Haven't seen the non-English ones yet. First two feature David Tennant, then Hayley Atwell (Peggy Carter, Cap's girl.)
    Mindhunter on Netflix. Season 2 as good as S1.
    Goliath on Amazon. On S3E4, not as good as S1 and S2.
    Jack Ryan coming back for S2 on Amazon November 1. YES!
    Pennyworth on EPIX. May be available through your Amazon sub. Prequel/backstory of Bruce Wayne's butler Alfred Pennyworth set in an alternative Britain post-war timeline of the early 60s. I really liked S1. The guy who plays Pennyworth is gonna be a big star. Also, pre-butler Pennyworth is a badass. Who knew? Also, Thomas Wayne meets Martha, who a few years later becomes Bruce's Mom.
    The Politician on Netflix. A hard-to-describe series about spoiled rich kids, an election at an elite high school, a sociopath who wants to become POTUS someday, and a suicide. Set mostly in the wealthy mansions of Santa Barbara. Hard to pigeonhole beyond a dramedy, but you might give it a try.
    The Righteous Gemstones on HBO is a somewhat raunchy satire of mega-churches and a super wealthy dysfunctional family of preachers. Really funny, but wealthy mega-church preachers may not be amused. Not a Danny McBride fan before this, but this show is really funny with a terrific cast. Finale script is Emmy worthy, IMHO.

If you like spy stuff (like I do) two series you might like, also on EPIX and I think available through Prime.
    Berlin Station- about the CIA station in Berlin. A lot of inside baseball espionage geopolitical stuff. Three seasons.
    Deep State - about a rogue CIA/MI-6 unit that has outlived its usefulness, but for some reason doesn't like the idea of being terminated with prejudice. Two seasons.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. gtr2x

gtr2x GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    Good to hear. Looking forward to watching the current season. Love that show, especially the music. Actually surprised there is a new season, thought it came to a logical conclusion last season.

• Like Like x 1
  15. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    I think the idea is to bring the series to the verge of WW2, and they will have 2 more series to take us there.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. ArtVandelay

ArtVandelay GC Hall of Fame

Dec 19, 2011
    South Florida
  17. kjones

kjones Recruit

Oct 16, 2019
    usa
    However many Ricky Gervais has been in, and shameless. (but I have about two years to catch up on that)
    I had just started watching the sopranos first episode on my son's firestick before I came back to my own house. So... there's that. I have no paid stream options as of now, maybe after layaway payoff. $$ :(

18. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Looking forward to the second season of ‘Jack Ryan’. Thought the first season was very well done, it was not a cheap production. Just hope they don’t “Homeland” it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    Shameless with William C. Macy.

Dysfunction at it's finest, and some good "scenery" as well.

20. Emmy Rossum is delicious as Fiona

• Agree Agree x 1