Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

lets give it up for CMW!

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by Gatorhead, Jun 27, 2019.

1. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

I think they knew sooner. That tweet with the #23 and #1 jerseys from @gatorsMBK seemed to planned.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Jayhovah

Jayhovah GC Hall of Fame

May 15, 2007
    I am continually surprised by fans who seem to think a coach not at Duke/UK/UCLA/KU/UNC could be on the hot seat after 3 straight NCAA appearances. Make or Break? :rolleyes: Spare me.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  3. akaGatorhoops

akaGatorhoops VIP Member GC Columnist

Apr 10, 2007
    I was just gonna blame it on Pinkins and your idea for a 'big man' coach! ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. timthibault

timthibault Junior

Aug 25, 2018
    My god the triggering that happens around here if you say even the slightest negative about CMW, no matter how objectively true or gently stated.

Mike and Danny have a way of rallying the credulous. That’s for sure. Some people would eat dog kibble from their hands.

• Off-topic Off-topic x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  5. UF67ee

UF67ee All American

Jul 9, 2007
    doesnt his parents live there

6. diamondted13

diamondted13 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 1, 2008
    Your words were not gently stated. They were a thunderbolt of negativity on an otherwise glorious day, that features one of CMW's biggest recruiting victories.

Does CMW still have things to prove as a HC? Of course he does. Only a handful of coaches don't. Part of the progression is bringing in the talent to run efficient offense. He just landed his best post-player recruit (by far), which should make us far less perimeter-oriented.

I think the timing of your post was piss poor, hence the reaction. I suspect it's the reaction you desired anyway.

• Agree x 9
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Wish I would have said that x 1
  7. bike1014

bike1014 GC Legend

Jan 9, 2010
    Yeah, case closed....CMW was in a tough situation with all the transfers, and he responded magically.

This is truly an elite recruiting performance!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. bike1014

bike1014 GC Legend

Jan 9, 2010
    It might have been a thunderbolt...and tacky timing....but it was warranted with our recent play.

At the end of the day, this IS a board - not a boardroom - so I am personally OK with his post.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  9. FranceGator

FranceGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Yes, it's fine for him to give it. He's got to take it and not yell "triggered".

People who love to give criticism, hate to get it.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Jayhovah

Jayhovah GC Hall of Fame

May 15, 2007
    My apologies for my abrasive response. I just find it stunning that anyone would think there is any kind of 'Make or Break' for a coach who inherited a team off a losing season, got them to a postseason tournament the next season, then went to three straight NCAAs.... at a non-basketball school with limited fan support for basketball.

I do get where you are coming from - last season was hard to watch at times, but for some reason there is now this group of fans that seem to think being painfully unentertaining is now "Mike Whites System". Like he has a playbook entitled "How to be so boring your opponent falls asleep, netting you 20 wins of season-after-season mediocrity. By Mike White."

His teams thus far have had serious deficiencies, not all of which were reasonably inside of his control. I think it's impressive the drastic adjustments he's had to make just to get some of these teams to max out and win - even if it means playing a boring brand of basketball. I cringed watching it....but it got our flawed squad into the NCAAs last year. I'll take it. How many coaches out there can reinvent their team's identity so much in the middle of a season to get them tuned up enough to win despite large roster gaps? We completely changed systems....in the middle of a season! It was painful and boring, but it got us there and I was impressed (again...while cringing).

• Agree x 4
    • Like x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Creative x 1
    • Best Post Ever x 1
  11. diamondted13

diamondted13 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 1, 2008
    I'm fine with his first post. I hate echo chambers. It's the second one with the whining I could do without. He knew damn well he was going to get negative feedback.

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. UF24ou14

UF24ou14 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2009
    The same group that won't be happy with Mullen, no matter what he does.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. jeffphillips21

jeffphillips21 GC Hall of Fame

Jun 20, 2009
    Vancouver
    Good to see you finally come around...

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. jeffphillips21

jeffphillips21 GC Hall of Fame

Jun 20, 2009
    Vancouver
    lol what?? way to find the storm clouds on a sunny day

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  15. missourigator

missourigator GC Legend

Apr 13, 2007
    My biggest complaint was his recruiting ability. I think he answered my concerns with a hammer.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    I think AKA needs to hold a fish fry for all this hard mojo work we been putting in for weeks now!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. ApexNC

ApexNC GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    NC
    To the OP, one thing I've always wondered is what exactly I'm "giving up?"

18. hoyt233

hoyt233 GC Hall of Fame

Aug 31, 2009
    Prattvile, AL-Go Lions!
    I think that storm was blowing in from TallaCrappy.

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. BA69MA72

BA69MA72 All American

Apr 8, 2007

Let’s give it up for the Waco Kid (and beware the language if that is an issue for you. It’s Blazing Saddles)

20. GatorLurker

GatorLurker VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Blazing Saddles confronted racism head on in a way that is hard to do now. People that think it is bad because of the N-word probably think Huckleberry Finn is bad for the same reason. And they are wrong.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1