Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Leonard Taylor and Savion Collins to UF?

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by Gator72211, Oct 6, 2019.

1. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    All of your points are accurate and part of the equation. But Grantham also got his ass kicked last night. We struggled to tackle, struggled to get lined up, our blitzes were totally ineffective, and we just got out schemed. Given the injuries at DE I full expected issues, but I also expected some schemes to compensate for our issues and at least win a few battles. They went thru us like water all night long.
    Mullen kicked Aranda's ass too. But Aranda did get a couple of wins bringing some pressure.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    Yea I was about to say (and i do agree with you), even with the load we're hoping to bring in next season, it won't be an IMMEDIATE improvement because of youth. They'll br growing pains due to not having full adapted physically to the college game but come 2021....it's going to be scary what our DL will do. I think our DL is still all world but we just couldn't set the edges last night w/o Zu and JG. You can't replace the talent AND experience they both bring.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    Couldn’t agree with you more. Very disappointed in Grantham. Once he lost his edge rushers he needed to do something different and he didn’t. Even spying Burrow occasionally would have possibly eliminated his scrambles. Heck at some point I thought he’d bring the kitchen sink with a blitz here or there.

You agree with me that Greenard and Zu don’t do much of anything as far as activities for at least 2 weeks? If we have them versus GA we’ve got a shot.

SC first though. Hoping Bogle and Diabate step up. Moon not getting any solid rush is disappointing.

4. shane4three

Dec 24, 2014
    Bobby,

Any idea on injuries? Need someone, anyone to provide a rush on the end. I’m hopeful Bogle and Diabate do something this week. Moon has lots of potential.

Brenton Cox anybody??

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. cubangator

cubangator Senior

Jul 8, 2017
    I agree that Moon has a lot of potential, but for whatever the reason is he can't get to the QB in time.

6. shane4three

Dec 24, 2014
    I think I heard Moon may be the best athlete on the defense and it might have been Grantham saying it.

Someone needs to have a discussion with him and say “ now is your time and need to step up”. He has no tape and at some point needs to step forward if he wants to play in the league. Been around too long to not impact the game. Even 2-3 hurries a game would be great. Our entire DL nonexistent yesterday. Gotta be 1-2 others that can have an impact.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Matherly87

Matherly87 VIP Member

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    While no one seems ready to step in for Greenard or Zuniga, Moon or Zach Carter should have the first opportunity. I'd hope that Andrew Chatfield gets a second look this week with Diabate and Bogle.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Notoriousgator

Notoriousgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Jevon Kearse told Moon that hes going to be the next Freak at UF due to his athleticism.

9. Notoriousgator

Notoriousgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Has Chatfield played much? I cant remember hearing his name once thus far.

• Like Like x 1
  10. rball1313

rball1313 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I remember coaches saying for years, "potential sits on the bench next to me". I don't see #7 making a lot of plays.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Only garbage time at end of games, he is bigger by far than last year

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  12. Matherly87

Matherly87 VIP Member

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    Very little. I'm thinking back to his high school vids and he spent more time in the offensive backfield than on the defense side of the ball as a defensive end. It may not mean much in big boy college ball but he is very comfortable attacking the outside.

13. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    Every time I ask about cox I get blasted by some on here as if it’s a stupid ? If it were most def goin to be next year I would assume we’d have heard that by now. My belief is that we’d hear in the bye week before ga but who knows man

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  14. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    TBH, i was always on the side of Cox not getting the go ahead this season and at this point, i'm ok with that. Yes I know we def could use him now but I always preferred for him to go through a full offseason with the school and be really ready to take off next year. For now, we gotta hope Bogle steps up. Moon? He's solid, but as a pass rusher, he just doesn't have the quickest twitched first step.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. filamg8torfan

filamg8torfan GC Legend

Mar 17, 2019
    Moon looked slow. He had several chances to get to the scrambling QB, but couldn't catch him. I think he even fell down when Burrows juked him.

• Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  16. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    I thought moon had the potential to be more explosive than he’s shown. I think bogle is gonna be legit. He sorta seems like a puppy out there right now just running around looking for his bone but I think when he figures out why he’s doing what that he will be very very good. I expected to see hopper more at this point. I like that Reese is a calming presence but id be lying if I said our lb play hasn’t been a disappointment. It’s the one position I think that a freshman can come in and play well as long as their physically capable. I go back to watching Channing crowder, that guy belonged the first time he stepped on the field. Lb is such a diff position than the rest and if u have one that has that dog in him u gotta throw him out there. I think miller and Houston have potential I’m just not sure they have the instincts all the time. But I could be wrong

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Good - and it’s time he got started. I still remember that clip of Trask blowing him up in practice

18. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2013
    I think moon has been playing better than I thought coming into season. Hes more ti e than not roaming no man's land using his length and range over the middle to disrupt passing lanes. Havent seen him consistently set loose on the QB to rush over and over this season. Hes got above avg cover skills for a guy his size and they are using that sine we have been getting to the QB not blitzing and only rushing 4 at times. No zuniga or greenard means we are not getting that 4 man rush and need to either send additional rushers and leave ourself susceptible to over middle dink and dunk passes or we sit a lb like moon back in coverage over middle and allow the QB all day to pick us apart downfield. Cant stress enough how important and game changing dominant rush ends are to the overall defensive unit. It essentially shortens the QBs time with ball in hand to less than 3 seconds. Which in turn almost always leads to turnovers. And if you go by the statistics the team that wins the turnover battle usually wins the game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. GornGator

GornGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Winter Park, FL.
    The late Al Davis. "Get to the quarterback."
    The late Paul "Bear" Bryant, "Be good or be gone."
    The late Al Davis, "Just win baby."
    Really hoping we get J. Greenard and J. Zuniga back the rest of the season. I really feel A LOT better, thinking of the tenacity they bring to the opposing O-line and quarterback. :)

GO GATORS!!!! ALL CHOMP!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  20. spike718

spike718 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Didn’t even get in the d line rotation for 1 snap yesterday even with all the injuries and some boneheaded plays (Ancrum) of others