Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Leg-humpers beginning to question "not-so-smart"

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by largartos, Dec 8, 2019.

1. red4512

red4512 Premium Member

Mar 4, 2010
    Another NON-silly poster made they comment that as long UGa beats UF, their bandwagon fanbase will
    be happy. And as far as bandwagon, I only saw 1 person with any UGa merchandise in a burb around Atlanta.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. WhattaGator

WhattaGator Ever Vigilant Psycho Mod Moderator VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

And now....

Kirby Dumb and the leghumpers have lost their Assistant Head Coach/ O-Line Coach/ and huge recruiter, Sam Pittman, .to....

Arkansas, where he took the Head Coaching position.

Give it another year or two, when the Gators become the dominant force in the SEC east, (and the SEC itself), and Kirby's will be able to stand right next to Saban, where we can watch BOTH of their heads explode.. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. marlingator

marlingator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Georgia
    Hearing there is a lot going on in Athens right now. Saying a new OL coach and new OC could be named tomorrow.

4. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    Yes sir. Great coach and even better recruiter.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. GatorDoc74

GatorDoc74 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I suspect there will be a lot more Baylor green in the Superdome than Georgia red.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. manigordo

manigordo GC Hall of Fame

Should UF beat Georgia next year (I say now...... we will win) the chit will hit the fan. It will begin with talk about the refs and then reality will set it.

We will win the national championship again before Georgia.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  7. gtr2x

gtr2x GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    Not sure about that, Baylor is a relatively small private school and most sec fans like going to NO.

• Like Like x 1
  8. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    UGA fans showed big time for the SEC Championship game. Was probably 75 to 80 percent red in that stadium. Don’t see them showing in large numbers for Sugar Bowl, given their poor Bowl showing last year

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. GatorDoc74

GatorDoc74 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Baylor is small, but the school has made a remarkable comeback from the Briles disaster. Waco is not that far from Nawlins, can be reached by car and this bowl game is a big deal for them. It can cement their return to football significance.

Georgia fans, in contrast, were in the Sugar Bowl last year, and they fully expected to be in the playoffs this year. New Orleans is fun, but Dawg fans have been there before, relatively recently and it’s pricey.

The Baylor fans might just surprise us. I hope they surprise Georgia.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Link? Nice opinion piece.

11. lurkingator1

lurkingator1 -,~--~,< … Go Gators The 22_crew Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Tallahassee. Florida
    yes losing Pittman is huge and I hear he may also lose his D coordinator

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. ugahairydawgs

ugahairydawgs GC Legend

Apr 9, 2007
    If there is a smaller crowd it won't be because of the Texas game last year on spec more as it is the appetite for anything non-playoff around here is low after everything that happened in 2017. It's really unfortunate too because there was a time when getting to the Sugar Bowl was a great honor, now it just feels "ho hum". And that's something that snakes its way all the way down to the players, as evidence by the increasing amount of guys that have started to skip bowl games.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. mkfgator

mkfgator Junior

Aug 28, 2019
    This is the truth. Fromme has had career days against us. Fields wasn't going to beat him out. Georgia, like the nut jobs who think Alabama is done, was one game away from making the playoff.They probably had the best D in the country and didn't have about 3-4 play makers in the game Sat night. Ga's hits bc of Kirby will come from the NCAA . They are paying players . Kirby ain't Richt. Richt had some boundaries. When you pay guys, like Fields, they expect to play immediately, and that's the biggest mistake Kirby made--promising him he would. So overselling will also hurt them and already has to some degree--and then here will come the transfer portal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. staticgator

staticgator GC Legend

Nov 27, 2016
    Smart isn't going anywhere and isn't on any hot seat. He's recruiting killer classes every year and doesn't look like he'll fall into the down years Richt would have in between his good classes. He gets the best talent in the East and is a good enough coach he can beat UF 1/2 to 2/3 years. Same with Auburn. Alabama and LSU have comparable talent but he hardly has to play them unless it's the SECCG. UGA fans know this. Smart is not going to be able to be overly loyal to any assistants so as long as he is able to cut bait with underperforming assistants at the right time, he's still the golden boy.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. propagator

propagator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    What a crock of chit, you got that chit right,

16. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    [​IMG]

17. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    Man, did Smart's head look like it was going to explode on the sidelines during the LSU game. Thought he was going to stroke out right on national television.

18. ColoradoNoVaGator

ColoradoNoVaGator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Listen... I don't care how bad he sucks, other than the hope that his suckage will allow us to land some of the recruits that he's been pulling.

But even then... we need to beat them in order for any of it to matter. I won't be happy with better recruiting classes combined with losses in Jax.

19. HeatMizer

HeatMizer Freshman

Dec 7, 2015
    Columbus, Ohio
    I don't think Kirby Smart is a great strategist, despite this he manages to pull tremendous talent that can mask that. He also had the benefit of that first season with Michele, Chubb, Swift, Hardman, etc. that got him rolling. My biggest problem with him is his haircut. It's unacceptable for a millionaire football coach to have his hair look like it was cut by Stevie Wonder at Supercuts Baghdad. Just unacceptable.

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  20. The_Graygator

The_Graygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    We might beat him out here or there, but when UGA can offer $70k Ford Raptors to these kids and we offer a free education, well, it's hard to win that battle.