Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Least Racist Countries 2021

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Orange_and_Bluke, May 3, 2021.

1. phatGator

phatGator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2007
    Dayton, Ohio
    You forgot “boche,” “hun,” “heinie,” and “kraut,” to name a few.

Derogatory nicknames are meant to dehumanize the enemy. Sadly, a lot of that happens here also.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    A Van Down By the River
    I dont think people would fear Canadians "not assimilating" into America and changing it for the worse, for a number of reasons. Trump basically said out loud with the "shithole" countries remark. The subtext of American immigration policy is just text now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    A Van Down By the River
    "Tribalism" is social organization responding to material conditions, not a biological function of humanity. Once you expand beyond immediate blood relations, I'm skeptical of any claims of "innate" behaviors.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. carpeveritas

carpeveritas GC Legend

Dec 31, 2016
    For the same reasons every other nation on this planet protects their borders.

5. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    A Van Down By the River
    We have multiple borders that we aren't protecting the same, funny how that works huh. Nothing to do with who we share those borders with eh?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. mutz87

mutz87 p=.06 VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    It was a single question that doesn't tell us much of anything about racist attitudes or beliefs and nothing about actual trends in racist incidents.You treat it as if explains everything about racism and it's clear this is because you want your own beliefs to be confirmed....because liberals.

Last edited: May 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  7. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist

Apr 3, 2007
    But why does the social organization exist in most every culture if there are biological roots to it? Why are there people on here if both sides clearly twisting straightforward events to make their party look better? Why do we all care so much about our “sides” at all? No one is immediately blood-related to Trump or Biden on here.

• Like Like x 2
  8. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    A Van Down By the River
    "Tribalism" is aligning with people not of your blood for mutual gain. Seems fairly pragmatic in a survival situation? Especially if in competition with other groups. If a small family unit could provide for themselves and defend themselves in a given environment, what "biological" need does tribalism serve? Same goes for gender roles and division of labor, outcomes of social organization, not biological determinism. The biological function is "survival" not "tribalism." That's a survival strategy based on material conditions.

9. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist

Apr 3, 2007
    Except what is the mutual gain of being so emotionally invested in Donald Trump? It turns out that self-interest is a poor predictor of political alignment.

But if you arguing that in the past living groups provided a survival advantage, then we might be saying the same thing. Providing a survival advantage is basically the definition of an evolutionarily beneficial trait.

10. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    I suspect you can’t see the forest for the trees.
    I never said we don’t have racist people in America. You won’t budge even an inch. Wonder if it has anything to do with the way your research is funded.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
  11. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    A Van Down By the River
    Wait, you think people that align themselves with Trump (or any politician/party really) aren't in it because they think they can gain something from it?

12. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    A Van Down By the River
    I'm sure one of the grant conditions is "you cant even pretend to give credit to someone who posted something they skimmed in 30 seconds of reading."

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. Spurffelbow833

Spurffelbow833 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 9, 2009
    Yes, you are free to complain incessantly about racism here.

14. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Well millions aren’t sneaking over our northern border, heck there’s more people sneaking north than south.
    But yeah, it’s all racism.

15. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist

Apr 3, 2007
    Basically, yes. I don’t think they are getting anything other than emotional gain. You think they are being rational? What could they be getting at this point for continuing to defend Trump as a great president and true patriot?

16. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    A Van Down By the River
    Is emotional gain not something? What the hell else does politics offer most people? Making the people you dont like feel bad, get mad and making them suffer is pretty rewarding to people. That's pretty much all American politics has to offer voters.

17. mutz87

mutz87 p=.06 VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    In multiple posts you've written that racism faiap doesn't exist any longer in the US. Called it dying if not dead. I won't budge for denialist arguments that run against a mountain of data and research showing otherwise.

As for funding, what are you wondering about?

I have received funding by public entities, several of which I've been outspokenly critical of. Weird how that works.

• Like Like x 2
  18. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    A Van Down By the River
    You don't think that we view that as a threat worthy of militarizing the border is informed by racist attitudes? Purely the only rational response, sure. Building giant walls and using emergency powers to deal with it. Militia nuts going vigilante and such (with the tacit approval of CBP). Totally normal stuff, nothing to do with racism or racist attitudes.

19. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist

Apr 3, 2007
    I quite agree. And this brings us back to where we started. Why is a political victory to our side or a defeat of the other capable of making us feel so good? We really feel it. I can’t help but think there must be a biological predisposition to such feelings.

20. slayerxing

slayerxing GC Hall of Fame

Aug 14, 2007
    best post of the thread