Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Least Racist Countries 2021

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Orange_and_Bluke, May 3, 2021.

1. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    Least Racist Countries 2021

Based on this data, India and Jordan are the least racially tolerant countries. About 43.5% of Indians and 51.4% of Jordanians said that they would not want a neighbor of a different race.

Generally, the least racially tolerant countries were in Africa and Asia. In contrast, the most tolerant countries were Latin countries, Scandinavian countries, and the United Kingdom and its former colonies (the United States, Australia, Canada, and New Zealand). The exceptions to this are Venezuela, where income inequality sometimes divides along racial lines, and the Dominican Republic, likely due to its proximity to Haiti. The United Kingdom and its former colonies are typically known as "melting pots" – home to people from all over the world with diverse mixes of race and culture.

There is a good portion of people here who need to understand that America is very tolerant by historical standards and I’m proud to live here.
    I’ve said it many times before...blacks are doing well in my community and I see them being treated like everyone else if not better. The libbie racist talk is tired.

• Like x 7
    • Winner x 5
    • Informative x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Come On Man x 1
  2. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    I grew up a lily white boy in white bread MN. Then I got down here and my classmates and neighbors were from everywhere. I never had a problem with people of other culture, color and intelligent people. The ACR's however is another story.

3. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Yeah, a single self-reported survey question is not at all an accurate measure of a complex issue. To be fair, the link pointed that out, just the OP decided not to post this paragraph:

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    Thanks for including this. Adds a whole new element of context.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    A Van Down By the River
    What does a "racist country" even mean?

6. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    I bet by this metric, Boulder would be one of the most racially tolerant places in the world. My former boss who has 3 black kids & lives in Boulder learned that the hypothetical & reality tell very different stories.

fun fact. PJ Soles lives on his street. Any PJ fans?

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Orange_and_Bluke

Dec 16, 2015
    I would think of all people you would know. It’s in the article.

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. l_boy

l_boy GC Hall of Fame

Jan 6, 2009
    That's a great question. But that doesn't stop people from continuing to say it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    A Van Down By the River
    If it means "how tolerant people say/think they are" then we probably aren't lol. At the very least even the dumbest racists in this country know saying "racism rocks" to other people is bad.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. Orange_and_Bluke

Dec 16, 2015
    Spoiler alert...you’ll never be convinced otherwise. Carry on.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 Premium Member

Oct 11, 2011
    I think its hard to say how racist a country is unless there are significant portions of the population from different races.

Easy for a Scandinavian country to claim they are not racist. Most people that live there have never laid their eyes on a non-white person before.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    A Van Down By the River
    And you'll keep getting high on your own supply. Like I said, I dont even know what it means to be a "racist country" so I dont know how I could be convinced to believe or disbelieve something that has no formal meaning to me as far as this argument is concerned.

13. carpeveritas

carpeveritas GC Hall of Fame

Dec 31, 2016
    The article does provide a definition for racism. A racist would be an individual that holds racism beliefs. I do agree a country is not racist. To me it would be appropriate to state these are countries where a significant portion of the population practices racism.

14. Orange_and_Bluke

Dec 16, 2015
    It means there is racism, racist people, in every country on Earth.
    We happen to live in a country with very few racists.
    Enjoy.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    Would be interesting to see this broken down by party within US. Say by far-left, dems, repubs and trump-follower types. Kind of like trump claiming positive environmental results - but no thanks to his war on the environment.

Last edited: May 3, 2021
  16. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    A Van Down By the River
    Man, it sure sucks they are all cops then

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    A Van Down By the River
    It doesn't define what a 'racist country' is. I mean there is no formal racism in this country and most of the countries on earth like in the form of the Nuremberg laws or Apartheid, so basically if thats the definition, like Israel would be a 'racist country' for having formal second class citizens. If that's the definition, then who cares? Very few people claim America is formally racist in the manner of Nazi Germany. If its "how many people self report as being racist" that seems pretty stupid too lol.

18. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia

This is the crux of the issue and very complex to answer.

Obviously the easy and obvious answer is:

A country's laws and enforcement of it's laws that treats citizens in an unequal manner. Connotation being treating citizens of different races other than the one in power or in the majority ........worse.

Tha'ts how I define it.

19. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    And the one thing my understanding of American History is that that definition applies. Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow.

20. carpeveritas

carpeveritas GC Hall of Fame

Dec 31, 2016
    Racism doesn't have to be codified or formal in any sense of the word. It is an individual trait. In this case these are countries that have a significant portion of the populace that conforms to the definition of racism.