Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Leaked cables from UK ambassador to 10 Downing St

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by 96Gatorcise, Jul 6, 2019.

1. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Kind of like "The Man in the High Castle."

2. Rocinante

Rocinante Junior

May 28, 2013
    Absolutely nothing illegal for a foreign government to spy on any other country. Israel s spying on us all the time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Compared to how easy it has been for our adversaries to manipulate Hillary with a few million in bribes?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Trump being insecure is probably a good thing. He is incompetent, just like Obama, but he knows he's incompetent so he's insecure about it. I was afraid that Trump had no self-awareness whatsoever. This news gives me hope.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  5. gator_fever

gator_fever GC Hall of Fame

Nov 3, 2013

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    @realDonaldTrump may be an incompetent President who exhibits the symptoms of Narcissistic Personality Disorder but he's still a great entertainer at least far as his Tweet storms are concerned, humorous and not to be taken seriously.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. fredsanford

fredsanford GC Hall of Fame

Dec 1, 2008
    They’ve given Trump Co hundreds of millions since 2017.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. gator7_5

gator7_5 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    British diplomat viewing our leadership as inept... wow. That guy needs to take a glance back across the pond at what’s going down back home.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. demosthenes

demosthenes Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    1. Not his job.
    2. You already knew that but are just trying to diminish his assessment with irrelevant dialogue.
    3. Maybe we (US and Brits) see each other’s leadership ineptitude so well because we live through it every day?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    I mean, it's not like he’s not lying. Trump runs the White House like a reality TV show. Complete international embarrassment.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Trump through his reaction to the leaked cables has pretty much confirmed the accuracy of the ambassador's assessment.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. OklahomaGator

OklahomaGator Jedi Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Miami, OK
    The ambassador has resigned.

• Like Like x 1
  13. gator_fever

gator_fever GC Hall of Fame

Nov 3, 2013

Sir Kim Darroch has resigned as UK ambassador to the US, as a row over leaked emails critical of President Trump's administration escalates.

The US president had branded him "a very stupid guy" after emails emerged where the ambassador had called his administration "clumsy and inept".

Theresa May said Sir Kim's departure was "a matter of deep regret".

He said he wanted to put an end to speculation about his role and the leak had made it "impossible" to continue.
    ----------
    About time (he) resigned.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  14. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    Resigned for being completely truthful. How unfortunate.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  15. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Guardian of the GC Galaxy Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Dude was doing his job. Emails were confidential and should not have come out.

It likely reflects similar assessments that all foreign diplomatic and intelligence agencies have made. No surprise in any of this.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    No matter how many people say that Trump is an idiot and that this administration is dysfunctional, they are all branded liars and biased by the base of a President who just gave a speech discussing or revolutionary war airports. Even an Ambassador appointed by a conservative government. Or former members of his cabinet. And even when we see it with our own eyes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. sovietgator

sovietgator Lighten up Jan Brady (Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!!)

Apr 3, 2007
    Down On Da' Bayou
    Yep, and most people in the know thought that long before he ever ran for Prez. I could not stand him in the 80's and knew then, that he was nothing more than a white version of Don King.

Whether you voted for him or not, whether you like Donkeys or Elephants, the guy is a fraud and a total maroon that surrounds himself with fellow maroons.

There is nothing wrong in admitting the obvious. The Black Guy and his family are out of the White House, that shrew Hillary lost, and your boy won. It's okay to call a spade a spade, nobody is gonna revoke your Trump card.

I don't understand the blind rabid emotional attachment to politicians and presidents.

Eisenhower is the last president that I would have been willing to even shake his hand, much less have an undying man crush on him.

From what I hear (since I can't read), he was a great General. A very good General. I mean, he's not as good of a military strategist and deal maker as Trump, but he's not that bad.

Let's face it, Trump would have never let the Nazi's invade the US or bomb Pearl Harbor like Ike did. But hey, we can't all be a stable genius and master deal maker.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. sovietgator

sovietgator Lighten up Jan Brady (Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!!)

Apr 3, 2007
    Down On Da' Bayou
    Exactly! A sane bright person would have completely ignored it. Oh wait, the leaked cable wouldn't even exist if that were the case. Ah screw it, I value Lil Kim's assessment of Trump more than those whacky Brits who know a true Benny Hill when they see him.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. AndyGator

AndyGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    FIFY: humorous and never to be taken seriously

20. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    The wrong he resigned.

• Funny Funny x 1