Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Late Kick Live Ep.19: Tennessee vs. Florida

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by LLCoolJ94, May 12, 2020.

1. LLCoolJ94

LLCoolJ94 GC Hall of Fame

Queued up at the time where this conversation begins.

2. okcgator

okcgator Senior

Sep 24, 2015
    Dayton
    Preach

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    Really wish I could say he was fullashit but he’s spot on. Unless I’ve mistook what a lot of us on here have been saying for a year or so on here , he seems to mirror down the line what some of us have been saying. The very stuff we’ve been chastised for saying quite often. It just is what it is man. What was the mj quote from episode 7, winning requires sacrifice. That may very well mean parting ways with coaches dans become comfortable with in order to be great

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2008
    I think Brewster is the first installment of that. He was an upgrade at recruiting without reducing developmental and game-day coaching ability for the TE position. DM obviously does not like high turnover on his staff. However, when a coach's performance does not match with his players, I expect to see DM part with them at the renewal of their contract at least if the coach can find a lateral move or at a higher position at a lesser program. DM seems to be very loyal, and that probably helped him get Brewster in a fight with Brown and Fisher. Another coach was rumored to have been almost out the door but Mullen held onto him for one more year. We will have to see where that goes, but the coaches that are considered essential to the offensive game plan, OL and WR, are likely not going anywhere.

5. justinwitt07

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    What’s the old saying , anything else that needs to be done eventually needs to be done immediately... running out someone’s contract , while thoughtful , is just asking for some to catch up (Tennessee ) and others to pull away( Bama , ga)

6. kryptonite

Dec 12, 2008
    That usually is the case but if you get the reputation of chewing up and spitting out coaches you become a Tennessee. There is no data that suggests Pruitt is coaching, recruiting, or developing better than Butch, and is that any surprise with him being their 9th or something coach prospect in their last search? They got on the revolving door and cannot get off.

7. LLCoolJ94

LLCoolJ94 GC Hall of Fame

Saban says hi.

8. kryptonite

Dec 12, 2008
    Can't really think of a lot of coaches demoted and moved out. That is Head Coach Rehab University. He is a terror to work under though as some of the other great coaches like Snyder at KSU.

9. justinwitt07

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    I guess. On the other hand sometimes u gotta make an example of someone not pulling their weight to make sure everyone is really grinding

• Creative Creative x 1