Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Langworthy Walks Off Exhibition (Dan Apple)

Discussion in 'Diamond Gators' started by gatorjjh, Nov 10, 2018.

1. gatorjjh

gatorjjh A Gator with a Glass half full attitude Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    Langworthy Walks Off Exhibition
    Austin Langworthy broke a 5-5 tie with a RBI double off the right field wall.
    Daniel Apple UF
    After playing to a 0-0 tie through the first seven innings, Santa Fe jumped out to a 5-0 lead in the second half of the exhibition.

Florida worked its way back into the game with four runs in the third inning. Jordan Butler two-run single got the Gators on the board and a two-run homer from freshman Kendrick Calilao cut the deficit to one.
    In the next inning, freshman Roberto Pena launched a solo shot to dead center over the 400-foot sign to tie the game at 5-5.

Florida's pitchers shut down the Saints bats the rest of the way. In the final frame, freshman Cory Acton singled with two outs to represent the winning run.
    Austin Langworthy stepped in and roped a double off the wall in right field to bring home Acton for a walk-off win.

Langworthy Walks Off Exhibition - Florida Gators

• Like Like x 2
  2. GatorLurker

GatorLurker VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Langworthy is one of my favorite players to watch play. He covers a lot of ground in the outfield and usually has the correct first step. His arm is average, but he always throws to the right place. He knows the strike zone as a hitter and is willing to take a walk when he is getting pitched around.

He knows how to play the game.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. MadduxFanII

MadduxFanII GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    I've got Langworthy breaking out in a big way next year. He's too sound in his approach and swing. I think he reaches double digits in homers.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. gatorjjh

gatorjjh A Gator with a Glass half full attitude Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    I agree on #44 he is a true throwback ballplayer, one that has a good understanding of the game, not likely to throw to the wring base or to swing for the fence when what we need is to hit the damn ball where itis pitched and get the RBI. Chatted with his uncle a few practices ago, he said Austin has been playing ball since he could wear a mitt and swing a bat. Old School Rules!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    Should be his year

• Agree Agree x 2