Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Kyle Rittenhouse Trial

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Gator515151, Nov 3, 2021.

1. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    No doubt. There are obviously some sick tastes in here.

2. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    On the surface, that seems to be a ludicrous comparison, as the officers killed the girlfriend, she didn’t die by his hand. Would he have gotten off on “self defense” if he killed a police officer? I’m guessing not a chance. This person was rightfully convicted of weapons charges as well.

Im not even sure I agree with that verdict either, given that his criminal action is at least partly attributable to the girlfriends death. He fired a gun at officers, a gun he should not have had. I didn’t follow that case, but those type cases would seem to hinge more on whether the police properly announced themselves which is totally different scenario vs. a vigilante going out into a riot.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2021
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  3. dadx4

dadx4 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville, Fl
    • Funny Funny x 5
  4. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Here is what Jason Whitlock says the Kyle Rittenhouse trial was all about... He nails it! In a short video... in his own words.

This is the BIG PICTURE, REALITY, END GAME.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. 108

108 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    NYC
    the fact that it baits you, says something, and I don’t need to look up another case to know the contexts are different..

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Rittenhouse was acquitted because he had a credible claim of self-defense. It still doesn't change the fact that he was a 17-year old vigilante armed with an AR15. Sorry but untrained armed citizens shouldn't be patrolling streets and essentially functioning as law enforcement officers on their own volition with the problem further being compounded when the untrained vigilante is a teenager. Maybe the argument that he was there to protect businesses would have had some validity if he confined his presence to the premises of the business he was allegedly protecting. Once he hit the streets he became a vigilante and he should not be lauded. Although Rittenhouse may have had a credible claim of self-defense, the next time one or more truly innocent persons could end up losing their lives to an untrained well-armed vigilante. While the jury issued the proper verdict Kyle Rittenhouse should not be lauded as any type of hero.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  7. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    A gatorrick posting of a Fox News segment of Tucker Carlson? Not a prayer I click on that link. I feel dirty knowing it’s there. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. Gator515151

Gator515151 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 4, 2007
    So when does jump kick man's trial begin. Has he even been charged with anything? I don't think so, not even simple assult. Do you think I could attack someone and brutally kick them in the head on national TV and get away with it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Sure. Of course. And stay home and problem is solved for good ol' Kyle.

Personal responsibility is still in play.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Vindibudd

Vindibudd Premium Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Orlando
    Carrying a rifle in public does not make you a vigilante. You must have a fuzzy understanding of what a vigilante is. Rittenhouse was not attempting to enforce any laws, he was protecting property and exercising self-defense. That is not vigilantism. Defending property against a mob is not vigilantism.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Or, fix the problems that lead to the rioting and property destruction and the problem is then actually fixed for everyone.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  12. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    So what you're saying is that any citizen can arm himself and patrol public streets claiming that he's protecting property. Ok, got it. So naive, I always thought that was function of law enforcement.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. dynogator

dynogator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    I guess that if all the riot participants had come armed, and all felt personally threatened, that the ensuing bloodbath would be justified, and the last man standing would be acquitted.

• Like Like x 1
  14. scooterp

scooterp GC Hall of Fame

Feb 15, 2012
    I agree with nearly everything you stated but I guess will have to agree to disagree on the part of …citizens should not be able to protect their property, livelihoods and community from lawlessness. Especially when there isn’t anyone else there, government official, law enforcement or otherwise to help protect it.

My original response was more about the way the writer tried to frame Right leaning individuals and why the majority of them supported the verdict. It was not because we wanted a “own the lib” moment or throw it in the face of Leftist. It was because of the treatment & judgement early in the process most of the media had for KR. They slandered him, repeated lies about him and tried their damnedest to have him convicted in the court of public opinion. It was a clear case of journalistic malpractice and abhorrent behavior from several “professionals” in the media. And I think most from the “right” are just relieved that the jury examined all the evidence and justice was served. Most of the politicization of this is coming from the left . THEY made it political.

15. dadx4

dadx4 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville, Fl
    The rule of law and judges by 12 of the local jurors?

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Gator515151

Gator515151 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 4, 2007
    So last nights riot in Portland could have been fixed by convicting Rittenhouse? I think I understand the mind of the Portland thug now. Thanks.

• Like Like x 2
  17. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Not even an above average troll attempt. 2/10

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Vindibudd

Vindibudd Premium Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Orlando
    Technically yes in Wisconsin.

19. stingbb

stingbb Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Joseph Rosenbaum was a convicted child molester and also had a domestic abuse conviction for beating up his girlfriend. Anthony Huber also had multiple domestic abuse charges also among other felony convictions.

They are convicted abusers of children and women who like Rittenhouse paid the price for making really bad decisions that night. For better or worse, they both have faced their judgement.

20. stingbb

stingbb Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Pretty simple. Racism sells right now and everyone has tried to turn the case into a racist crime. The fact is that all four individuals involved were white and not sure why any were at a BLM riot in the first place.