Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Knights & Noles News & Notes

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by gatorjjh, Mar 15, 2019.

1. gatorjjh

gatorjjh A Gator with a Glass half full attitude Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    AAC TOURNAMENT
    Knights have championship on their mind
    By Brian Murphy Orlando Sentinel Correspondent
    MEMPHIS, Tenn. — The UCF Knights men’s basketball team arrived in Memphis on Thursday afternoon on the heels of their most successful season in the American Athletic Conference.
    During its sixth year of membership, UCF’s 13-5 record versus AAC opponents is the program’s best ever. That mark earned the Knights the No. 4 seed and a first-round bye for this week’s conference tournament.
    “Winning a championship for the program, for the team, for the city is something that means a lot to us,” guard B.J. Taylor said Wednesday. “Any time you get a chance to play for a championship, that’s something that you can’t just take lightly.”
    UCF’s road to its first conference tournament title since 2005 will begin Friday afternoon with what will basically be a true road test versus the fifth-seeded Memphis Tigers.
    Knights have championship on their mind

ACC TOURNAMENT

Vassell, Mann lift Seminoles to wild OT win

Freshman-senior combo helps push FSU past Virginia Tech
    By Chaunte’l Powell Orlando Sentinel
    CHARLOTTE, N.C. — This year’s ACC Tournament is the first for a few key players and the last for the core group of the Florida State Seminoles, but Day 1 is certainly going to be memorable for everyone.

In his first ACC Tournament appearance, freshman Devin Vassell nailed a 3-pointer to send the game against No. 16 Virginia Tech into overtime. He said so far, the experience is living up to the hype.

“It definitely does,” he said with big grin. “People can tell you, but once you play in it, you actually see how it is.”

Senior Terance Mann knows exactly how it is and used his experience to hit a circus shot that helped the No. 12 Seminoles defeat the Hokies 65-63.
    “The way the play was set up, I knew they were going to key in on PJ [Savoy] and Terance set a great screen and I was just ready to catch it,” Vassell said. “When I caught it, I saw the rim, everybody told me to shoot it and I just let it go.”
    Vassell, Mann lift Seminoles to wild OT win