Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Kiffin Takes One for the Conference

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by g8wayg8r, Oct 27, 2020.

1. ArtDeco

ArtDeco GC Hall of Fame

Sep 26, 2011
    Detroit Rock City
    since he’s at Ole Miss, he should pay in Confederate money

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  2. rpmGator

rpmGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Confederate money is worth more than face value

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. phideltdj

phideltdj GC Hall of Fame

Aug 7, 2007
    There is some irony here because I don't remember Lane complaining about the SEC officials while being the offensive coordinator at Bama... it's like he knows that some schools are protected and doesn't like being on the other side of it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. FLIPCUP

FLIPCUP GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Kiffin was not allowed to talk with the press while at Bama. His Boss did a good job of sitting on him and his tweets. Not a perfect job but a good one.
    Perhaps teams win because they put a better product, players and coaching, on the field.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Yeah perhaps......
    and perhaps there are some crooked refs out there impacting the outcome of college football games. How else do you explain the replay booth frequently making the obvious wrong call?

And then of course there’s The Swindle. Do you honestly think that was the only time we’ve ever experienced crooked officiating in a game? It was the worst for sure, but certainly not the only

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Spurffelbow833

Spurffelbow833 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 9, 2009
    At this point, I think the refs are just an insurance policy for a near-inevitable outcome. Every time I watch Bama on TV, their DB's look bigger than their opponents' offensive linemen. Nobody they play is a match for them in size and speed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. partdopy

partdopy All American

Feb 1, 2012
    Very true. They should bill it to the University and then have Lane deal with the headache of getting the payment pushed through the bureaucracy. I wok for a University and getting them to pay another $10k for something when my department had a budget of tens of millions, even when it is 100% essential expenses, is like trying to pull teeth out of an alligator.

That process is the real punishment.

8. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    No kidding. I have a bunch of it.

9. Zepgator

Zepgator GC Legend

Oct 18, 2010
    • Agree Agree x 1