Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Kentucky playing in Bahamas

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by cincinnatigator, Aug 14, 2018.

1. cincinnatigator

cincinnatigator GC Hall of Fame

Mar 5, 2017
    Only 2 out of 30+ players drafted under Cal were 3-year players, no 4-year guys recruited by Cal. Willie Cauley-Stein stayed 3 years only because he needed another year to improve his stock which ended up being a great decision. It's a farm system, not a college program. You're obviously comfortable with that, but a lot of your fans enjoy things like senior day and becoming true fans of the players as they go through the traditional 4-year process. I don't think it's a "minority" opinion as your say either, it's just the opinion that gets quickly silenced and bullied online. The fact that Kentucky used to field so many great teams with those 3-4 year guys is why many UK fans have little patience with a guy like Cal. Kentucky can get any coach in America they want tomorrow so their expectations are obviously higher than anyone else's. And other fans honestly don't care if UK fans are dissatisfied. If they are, that means Kentucky will bring in a better coach and reload. Kentucky will always be relevant in basketball.

2. gatorbogey

gatorbogey Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    s. e. florida
    Watch out! You’ll get the wrath of @ArtVandelay !

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. cincinnatigator

Mar 5, 2017
    I’ll be disappointed if I don’t.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  4. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    Kentucky also has an offensive system that allows freshman to learn quickly and play early. Not sitting on a bench for a year

5. Matherly87

Matherly87 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    BD took the Gators on 2 summer trips. One was Canada and the other escapes me, maybe Puerto Rico when we had Walter Hodge, I think.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. cincinnatigator

Mar 5, 2017
    It'd be wise for us to play in Canada next summer with Nembhard being the future there. He might get drafted by then, might not. But worth looking into since MW seems to have gained some interest from other Candian recruits.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. Matherly87

Matherly87 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    I was wondering the same. It might help influence Nembhard to stick around another year if he is that good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. gatorific

gatorific VIP Member

Apr 20, 2010
    We toured Australia the summer before our first final four team.

Remember Martti Kuisma having a breakout game against a team called the Bendigo Braves

• Informative Informative x 2