Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

KC Chiefs kicker complains about "emasculation of men," gay pride & says women should be homemakers

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by orangeblue_coop, May 16, 2024.

1. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    I'm sorry you are feeling emasculated by college students and you have to come whine on the internet about it, thanks for giving us an example of how to live like a real man

• Like Like x 1
  2. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Daytona Beach
    Thank you for honoring my opinion of the speech.

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Ha! Nothing but love for ya wing, but one point of order: What is the Asian culture you speak of?

5. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Nobody's perfect :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Daytona Beach
    They both have degrees. And I’m happy!

• Like Like x 1
  7. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Daytona Beach
    Learn Chinese!

8. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    My wife speaks Mandarin. I tried, but this dog is too old to learn new tricks. I'll have to lean on her. :D

9. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I'm sorry, but are you really calling American males soft? That's funny right there.

10. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Give wing a break. When he pitched for Florida, he got rung up for like dozens of HRs.

11. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Daytona Beach
    I’m worried right now about Gator Baseball being soft . Leave me be

12. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Daytona Beach
    I threw a “ soft “ ball !!

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Contra

Contra GC Hall of Fame

May 15, 2023
    Here is a video that came out today about how leftist billionaires are trying to buy pastors and their influence. This applies to the evangelical church, but also probably the Catholic church as well.

Some spark notes: Soros and the Rockefellers are bank rolling people like David French and Russell Moore for their political influence.

Last edited: May 21, 2024
  14. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    LOL.

Imagine being so up to date on this drivel that you know when a video like this actually came out.

Edit : And how dare those bad ole leftists try to pry the evangelicals away from their steadfast support of an adulterous, racist rapist!!

Last edited: May 21, 2024
  15. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    I don’t come to thfsg as a primary source for truth. But lacuna isn’t shooting from the hip and with her posts she frequently provides Biblical references. it’s absurd to associate that with “false teachers” or “wolves in the world” because you disagree with her learned insights.

Last edited: May 22, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  16. Contra

Contra GC Hall of Fame

May 15, 2023
    The first question you should be asking is does the Bible use those terms to describe people?

Hint: the answer is yes.

The second question after that is who would the biblical authors apply those terms to? What attributes and characteristics mark the kind of people who are described by those terms?

I would not answer quickly. A wolf in sheep’s clothing devours those who do not properly identify it. And this metaphor is used by Jesus because people have a tendency to believe these wolves (false teachers) are really sheep (Christians). People easily misidentify the true nature of this kind of person, but not every single person falls prey to this kind of person. Jesus’ intention in speaking about this kind of person was to warn others so they could escape from this person. Jesus also used the metaphor because if we fail to properly identify the true nature of this kind person, then we die. Now, you might scoff at the idea that you are going to die if you are wrong about this, but that is part of the metaphor. The stakes are higher than death. The stakes are your soul and eternity if you are wrong about it. That should be sobering.

So, the real question then is how does one obtain the discernment to know this?

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.
    -Psalm 119:105

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.
    -Romans 12:2
    Discernment or the ability to see things, especially things that pertain to God’s will, is only accomplished by renewing the mind in God’s word.

Lacuna might be liked by many who post here, but ask yourself this: Who is she popular with? Do these people strike you as being the kind of people who renew their minds in God’s Word daily? Do they strike you as the kind of people who walk through life with God’s Word as a lamp for their feet to light their path? Are these the kind of people who you could reasonably believe do the regular work that is required to discern between good and evil like the Bible says?

Put the political piece aside and honestly answer those questions.

And then ask this question:

If God’s Word is the lamp unto my feet to light my path, then how can I spot a wolf let alone a wolf in sheep’s clothing if I go through life without my lamp? How can I see a sheep?

The answer is obvious isn’t it? You are not going to spot a wolf in sheep’s clothing if a lamp does not light your path.

Last edited: May 22, 2024
  17. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    tl;dr, but quick question:

If someone has said they just start kissing women without permission, and will similarly grab them (somewhere inappropriate), sans invitation.......that's technically not a wolf in sheep’s clothing, because they've told us who they are?

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2024
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  18. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    "Leftist Billionaires"

[​IMG]

Sometimes I really wonder how peoples brains work

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  19. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    I’m still trying to figure out who is doing all that emasculating

20. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    That is an interesting question. Is it effete "leftist" men? Women? Why are the people conservatives think of as weak able to easily dominate conservative men? I mean just seeing a stupid man and smart woman in a commercial is enough to inspire page long rants and posts. Perhaps nature is simply asserting itself. Or Jesus' message about the meek inheriting the Earth was prophecy, not just some silly story in a book.