Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Kavanaugh Hearing

Discussion in 'GC Hall of Fame' started by ursidman, Sep 4, 2018.

1. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Guardian of the GC Galaxy

Apr 3, 2007
    On my side, I have overwhelming statistics on sexual assault reporting, the fact that she brought up the attack years ago, and common sense regarding how much pain a woman is willing to put herself and family through.

You have a politically driven hunch about compensation to prevent a scenario that has next to no chance of occurring (morning after pill becoming illegal by judicial fiat).

One of these things is not like the other.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. gatornana

gatornana Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    She appears to remember the assault pretty clearly......as to the date and address of the assault, that information was probably never in her memory because as a young teenager, she was just partying without the awareness of the exact date and address.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    And Kavanaugh's supporters are resorting to tactics similar to those of Brock.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. philobeddoe

philobeddoe GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Beyond her political activities and known anti-Trumpism …. just follow the money. As previously stated several times in this discussion …. and quite obvious to anyone reading news and social media, Ford is now the "darling martyr" for the left leaners in the US. I suspect television appearances, speaking engagements, etc will be forthcoming in waves. It's apparent she never wanted anonymity …. or, given her ridiculous demands, to testify in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee.

So it goes with so many of the left ………………………..

A. Ford earned her doctorate in counseling psychology from USC and a master’s degree in epidemiology, specializing in biostatistics, from Stanford’s School of Medicine. Outside of academia, she does consulting for pharmaceutical firms, helping design clinical trials. According to her faculty biography in a course catalog, she worked as director of biostatistics for Corcept Therapeutics in Menlo Park.

B. Corcept Products - Korlym® (mifepristone) 300 mg Tablets
    Korlym (mifepristone) is a cortisol receptor blocker indicated to control hyperglycemia secondary to hypercortisolism in adult patients with endogenous Cushing's syndrome who have type 2 diabetes mellitus or glucose intolerance and have failed surgery or are not candidates for surgery.
    Mifepristone is a potent antagonist of progesterone and cortisol via the progesterone and glucocorticoid (GR-II) receptors, respectively. The antiprogestational effects will result in the termination of pregnancy. Pregnancy must therefore be excluded before the initiation of treatment with Korlym and prevented during treatment and for one month after stopping treatment by the use of a non-hormonal medically acceptable method of contraception unless the patient has had a surgical sterilization, in which case no additional contraception is needed. Pregnancy must also be excluded if treatment is interrupted for more than 14 days in females of reproductive potential.

C. Mifepristone, also known as RU-486, is a medication typically used in combination with misoprostol, to bring about an abortion.[1] This combination is more than 95% effective during the first 50 days of pregnancy.[2] It is also effective in the second trimester of pregnancy.[2][3] Effectiveness should be verified two weeks after use.[1] It is taken by mouth.[1]

D.
    Brett Kavanaugh wants to do away with legal abortion. He told us so.
    [​IMG]
    Alexander Nazaryan
    National Correspondent
    “Judge Kavanaugh’s views on women’s reproductive rights are crystal clear,” Sen. Feinstein told Yahoo News. “There aren’t any restrictions he would consider ‘too burdensome’ to violate Supreme Court precedent related to women’s reproductive freedom.” Those views came into especially stark relief when Sen. Cory Booker, D-N.J., defied protocol and released a confidential email from 2003 in which Kavanaugh wrote, “I am not sure that all legal scholars refer to Roe as the settled law of the land at the Supreme Court level since Court can always overrule its precedent.”

Kavanaugh accuser, a Palo Alto professor, is respected among academic colleagues

Products

Mifepristone - Wikipedia

Brett Kavanaugh wants to do away with legal abortion. He told us so.

Additionally. Dr Ford's husband works for a company developing a drug delivery system with likely applications for RU 486.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  5. gatorpika

gatorpika GC Hall of Fame

Sep 14, 2008
    That article takes things a bit far. The tweets were obvious conjecture, not a statement of knowledge that the other guy was the assailant. Under the reasonable person standard, I am thinking nobody thinks the Zillow floor plans were anything more than an alternative explanation. He probably shouldn't have put it out there, but it's not slanderous. Think of it this way: Say a guy is attacked by a latino behind an auto repair shop at night. He picks out the guy for the police, but then one of the latino guy's friends points out that there is another latino that works in the same shop of a similar height and build. Should he be precluded from mentioning that, even publicly? He is just saying "hey my friend says he didn't do it and there is another guy who fits the same description."

6. philobeddoe

Apr 11, 2007
    Actually ….. her recollection of an assault is not very good (see conflicting information provided). And …… it would be damned hard to recall the location of an event that never took place.

Yeh ….. pretty convenient to assert "I was sexually assaulted" (by a person with whom I would consider a political adversary) "but I don't know where it happened or really how many people were there …….. and it took 25-36 years to remember who it attacked me".

Unfortunately, this poor recollection "flies in the face of" science.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. CaptUSMCNole

CaptUSMCNole Premium Member

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    And the Democrats are calling Kavanaugh a rapist. Neither side is innocent in this dumpster fire.

If Difi had handled this better, we wouldn’t be in the middle of this spectacle. I think likely costs her the election this fall.

8. gatorpika

Sep 14, 2008
    Hell, I noticed that the anti Kavanaugh clique in here all switched to calling it "attempted rape" instead of the actual description of the crime which is "sexual assault". Seems to be in line with what some of the frothing at the mouth media partisans are saying as they try to shape opinion.

9. philobeddoe

Apr 11, 2007
    Oh they are very much the same.

You are fully discounting any possibility Ford's story lacks merit …. without any basis for doing so. You are now embracing statistics to assail and destroy the character and reputation of a guy with no history of any sort of improper behavior …… based upon statistics????? Damn.

BTW … interesting how you remain so concerned about the well being of Ford but could give a damn about the Kavanaugh family, especially his daughters. Oy vey.

10. gatornana

Apr 3, 2007
    Not really because what's ignored here is the victim's tendency to block the assault from memory, hide the assault from friends and relatives and go on to suffer the fear and pain from the assault alone.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    To be fair, either description of the accusation is likely correct. Men generally don't turn up the music and hold down a woman on the bed to grab her breast and walk away.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. philobeddoe

Apr 11, 2007
    Sorry …. but folks are destroying Kavanaugh's reputation based ONLY on (as you assert) was a sexual assault based upon the seemingly flawed recollection (and possible political contrivance) of a woman would have been a drunk 15 year old if any of her story is true.

How do you know she is reliving "anything" ……. as you have no factual basis if "anything" ever occurred? She claims .... maybe even thinks ...… it did but there's no substantive basis for concluding (as so very many have already done) she was the victim of "anything".

Again ….. referring to the original query @ #1855

"And she is a sexual assault victim because ...............…?"

Am I to conclude you deem her to, factually, be a victim of sexual assault based only on her recollection and statement …. and statistic?

BTW …. you need to be careful with some of your characterizations of my comments ..…. as some of the adjectives being used border on personal insults …. especially the implications of the sarcastic remarks.

13. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Guardian of the GC Galaxy

Apr 3, 2007
    Actually I am just balancing out your very one sided view of this event.

My posts independent of responding to your bias, have been consistently that there is three sides to this story and we will never know the objective truth. Something did almost certainly happen to her, but she may have blown it out of proportion or there may be mistaken identity.

What you are doing is assuming she is a liar and he is innocent.

There's no basis for that any more than there is basis for assuming he is guilty.

14. philobeddoe

Apr 11, 2007
    Sorry but an expert posted earlier on this discussion that science has proven recollections of traumatic events are far more vivid and accurate. I've posted a link to some of that evidence. There's a big difference between (a) not speaking of an incident and (b) not remembering an event.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
  15. gatornana

Apr 3, 2007
    This is why there needs to be a thorough investigation.

So why do the pubs want to push this through without one.....what are they trying to hide?

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. gatorpika

Sep 14, 2008
    I'm just saying it's politically loaded language. The entire media was reporting it as sexual assault with the exception of some of the opinion shaper sites that know that language is important in how people perceive stuff like this. Maybe people here using it are doing it unintentionally and it just reflects on the type of sites they are reading to get their information? Or maybe it's intentional?

17. philobeddoe

Apr 11, 2007
    Again, science refutes what your are claiming. See previous posts ……...

18. philobeddoe

Apr 11, 2007
    I agree 100% and still to this day do not understand why the FBI did not investigate this matter when Diane Feinstein turned Ford's letter over to the Agency at the beginning of Aug18.

Wonder if the FBI was too busy working on the Russian probe to spend the last 6-7 weeks investigating Ford's claim.

Crazy stuff ..… no?

19. gatornana

Apr 3, 2007
    It doesn't. like i said before......the exact date and address of the home where this assault happened may have never been known to her. These details may never have been in her memory.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. gatorpika

Sep 14, 2008
    We also don't know whether they are or aren't investigating right now. My guess is they are, though they have limited facts to work based on the letter.