Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Kavanaugh Hearing

Discussion in 'GC Hall of Fame' started by ursidman, Sep 4, 2018.

1. GatorBen

GatorBen Premium Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Conversely, if you say on a Sunday that you would really like to testify to a Senate Committee, it’s not exactly reasonable to expect them to stop their business for a week while you debate whether you would really, really like to testify, and then to please provide you sufficient notice to allow you time to travel from Palo Alto to DC via ox-drawn wagon.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. steveGator52

steveGator52 GC Legend

May 3, 2016
    DC Metro area
    Like I said before, some people believe they were anally probed by little gray men. They sincerely believe that is a fact. They pass polygraph tests regarding their abduction stories. Does that mean they were definitely probed by little gray men?

Of course you think they are crazy and full of crap, no matter how long they sincerely held their belief of being anally probed. Because without proof, they would never be able to actually prove or disprove to your satisfaction that what they sincerely believed happened actually happened.

So just answer the damn question, does she have any actual proof to back up her story? Or will you just admit that you are taking her story on faith that she is telling the truth, and is not confused or lying about the event because it is politically expediant to you.

I am having a hard time believing her because of the lack of facts. Nobody at the party has come forward to back up her story, and the stories told by those who have come forward contradict what she is claiming.

So since she has no facts backing up her story, it is you having to come up with creative theories to justify why you believe her without any proof to back up her story.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  3. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    It's a bad analogy. She grew up in the same area as Kavanaugh, went to a school that socialized with his, and socialized with Kavanaugh and his friend group. If the person was shown to be in the same vicinity as little gray men and an anal probe, yes, I'd be inclined to believe them. You're gonna have to come up with an explanation for why she would sincerely believe Kavanaugh is guilty and be wrong beyond "she's crazy."

4. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    It's honestly funny at this point:

She keeps calling Grassley's bluffs.

• Creative Creative x 1
  5. steveGator52

steveGator52 GC Legend

May 3, 2016
    DC Metro area
    And I can’t picture you being intentially this obtuse.

Her memory has been deemed unimpeachable because she couldn’t have made up something like this. Yet Kavanaugh and his friend that are denying her story are treated as they are lying to save their skin or being too drunk to remember if they did it or not. Not one witness has come forward to back up her story that didn’t hear it from her 25+ years after the fact, or even came forward with a me too story about Kavanugh. Yet when he has a list of people vouching for his character regarding her story, that is considered political BS.

I am intentially using the absurd alien abductee example to show that just because a story is sincerely believed, doesn’t mean that it actually happened, and that pointing to someone who is repeating what the alien abductees told them does not constitute proof or corroboration that the story is true.

• Winner Winner x 3
  6. GatorNorth

GatorNorth Premium Member Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Atlanta
    He seriously tweeted a note to the nominee? Jesus, this has become surreal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Guardian of the GC Galaxy

Apr 3, 2007
    You haven't been reading my posts. Clearly.

Relax and read.

First off, I've consistently said that while she likely believes her story there's three sides to every story (his, hers and the truth... which we will never know), and that memories are imperfect.

Next, one of us must have misread the statements from Kavanaugh's friends because as far as I know, Kavanaugh is the only person who directly refutes her statements. The others just claim "no knowledge". And don't want to testify.

So we're left with a he said/she said unless some other witness joins this party and tilts it clearly in one direction or the other.

8. steveGator52

steveGator52 GC Legend

May 3, 2016
    DC Metro area
    So what? There were hundreds of young men who grew up in that area. You are intentially ignoring my point that just because someone sincerely believes an event occurred, doesn’t mean that said event occurred.

It’s simple why she isn’t believable of credible to me at this point, she has NO PROOF. Without proof, without ANY coroborating testimony, it is a he said, she said, and there is NOTHING in his background that suggests that he has committed any such acts. So without PROOF, she is barking at the moon.

My response to your argument that since she grew up in the same region as Kavanaugh, then her story is more believable than that of an alien abductee is so what? Anyone’s story is more believable than that of an alien abductee. It doesn’t change the fact that both sincerely believe their story to be true, and their sincerely held belief has no grounds onto the actual validity of their story.

9. AgingGator

AgingGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    When you consider that the "smell" is coming from Democrat Operatives manipulating Dr. Ford (willingly or unwillingly), it smells exactly right. They all know that there will never be a conviction of attempted rape on Brett Kavanaugh and that is not their objective even if they could. Their only objective is to prevent him from being confirmed by the senate. They know that another candidate could not be confirmed before the mid term election.

• Winner Winner x 4
  10. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    "My Dearest Brett,

I write you to express remorse for my indecisiveness. I yearn for the day where I can stare longingly into your eyes and give you my full vote, but I must humor this terrible witch of a woman. I have a plan to make her disappear, but we must hide our feelings until she has vanished back into obscurity.

Yours truly,
    Charles Ellis Schumer"

11. AgingGator

Apr 24, 2007
    A good pinch and you would never be able to catch up!

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    Sorry you can no longer play the sexism or misogyny card...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  13. AgingGator

Apr 24, 2007
    But 98% of the media believes her and has already convicted Kavanaugh of rape!

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. steveGator52

steveGator52 GC Legend

May 3, 2016
    DC Metro area
    Ok. These posts are running together.

I agree with what you are saying about proof either way, but am leaning towards Kavanaugh’s version over hers, because there is absolutely nothing coming out so far that backs up her characterization of Kavanugh’s behavior, but plenty of people coming out in support of Kavanaugh. Unless other people come out of the woodwork to accuse him of assault or to definitively place them together in the same place, this will reek of a political hatchet job.

15. Nawlens Gator

Nawlens Gator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Kavanaugh said:

"I did NOT have sex with that woman."

Sounds good enough for me. Boetch be lying!

16. AgingGator

Apr 24, 2007
    This is all hearsay and personally I doubt it is true. It is just another attempt by the Dems and the media to paint conservatives in a bad light.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. AgingGator

Apr 24, 2007
    Did he happen to point his finger into the camera as well?

18. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    You doubt that she has gotten death threats, had her character attacked, and had to leave her home? Well, we know for a fact her character was attacked. We know for a fact that the FBI thought the death threats real enough to meet with her about it. And we know she left her home. Your partisan is showing. ;)

No need. The cards being played right now are the "minimizing sexual assault" card, "not taking sexual assault seriously" card, and "attempting to silence sexual assault victims" card.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
  19. AgingGator

Apr 24, 2007
    I have a witness that verifies I was in the vicinity of little gray men. Those evil little gray men probed me. Are you saying that you believe me or do I have vote Democrat first?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Balbanes

Balbanes Junior

Oct 7, 2014
    You paint yourselves in a bad light, don't need any help from anyone else to do that.

• Agree Agree x 1