Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Kavanaugh Hearing

Discussion in 'GC Hall of Fame' started by ursidman, Sep 4, 2018.

1. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    I think Louisville needs to sit a few plays out. Maybe take his blood pressure medication.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. BigCypressGator1981

Oct 11, 2011
    I’m sorry you are having difficulty understanding.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    No worries, mate. I'm pretty sure I didn't call you out specifically. I was referring to a number of folks who do. I apologize I did not make that more clear.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. danmann65

danmann65 All American

May 22, 2015
    Yep, a guy getting confirmed to the supreme court today is going to be getting sentenced to ten years for using different definitions of slang. The only question is who will be his cell mate Hillary or Trump.

5. LouisvilleGator

LouisvilleGator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 16, 2012
    Yes, time for the inevitable back peddling and damage control. Goal posts are literally a blur right now.

6. mutz87

mutz87 p=.06 VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    There is no equivalent alt left

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. BigCypressGator1981

Oct 11, 2011
    Dude. Again. This is a Supreme Court confirmation hearing - not a criminal trial. There was enough shadiness in his testimony that he absolutely shouldn’t be confirmed. But I also recognize that his lies can’t be proven and he could never be convicted of perjury. If it could be proven, I’d want him to go to jail.

I hope it sinks in this time.

• Like Like x 1
  8. gatornana

gatornana Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    He's been given a well deserved vacation from the thread.

• Like Like x 3
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  9. danmann65

danmann65 All American

May 22, 2015
    If anyone is being more duplicitous with her vote than Murkowski(sp) of Alaska I would be shocked.

10. mutz87

mutz87 p=.06 VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    I understand the psychology behind your reasoning. It's clinging to *team*( I mean no personal offense by it either, we've all done/do it).

You say what the dems did to him. But what did they do?

Feinstein received a letter from a constituent informing her of something BK was alleged to have done asking to keep it confidential. DF wanted to investigate it thus keeping it under wraps while trying to figure out what to do I imagine that in itself led to others finding out about the letters existence hence the rumors preceding it. Then it was leaked by someone. Probably not DF herself but someone on her staff or someone who had gotten a hold of it in the interim.

This is what was reported, but who knows with any certainty?

Then reportedly the SJC got wind of it and wanted to see it thus bringing us to today. Politics about the release--certainly--but again, what about the accusations and the hearings?

BK wasN'T treated unfairly even if the release of the letter was political. There was a credible accusation against st him, and quite bluntly, he is fortunate the FBI investigation was severely hampered. But his lying and temperament under oath when confronted was disqualifying.

Going back quite awhile ago I was okay with his appt. Elections have consequences. I was also openly willing to give him much benefit despite believing Ford. But it’s bullshit that a federal judge lies under oath and then be supported for a promotion to the top court. His under oath behavior should be disqualifying where his youthful behavior should not

He’s damaged goods. He showed some character and it isn’t because of dems or politics but his own mouth, lack of honesty and personal responsibility.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  11. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    We really need a sad and pathetic emoji

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Guardian of the GC Galaxy

Apr 3, 2007
    For one, it is not a "quibble" as to doesn't recall = deniest it or refutes it.

He is a lawyer and a judge and he knows damn well those things are not at all the same. He intentionally lied to create a false public perception there. And he did it over and over again.

It is not just that he may have one term wrong from his yearbook days and from what his classmates explicitly remember of how he and his buddies used those terms.... it is that he has every single one of them wrong.

He ain't that stupid. And if his memory is truly that bad on terms he no doubt used when he was sober, how the hell can you trust his memory on anything when he was drunk?

You also leave out that he lied about his judgments on the Environmental case that he got called out on. Again, trying to create a false public perception of who he is.

He also has Cam Newton memory of how he came into the possession of stolen property. Property that he knew damned well was stolen, just like Cam did. In both 2004 and 2006.

You're lying to yourself when you try to rationalize all of those actions as being somehow innocent or coincidental. They demonstrate a clear pattern of somebody who lies whenever the facts don't suit the perception he wants to create. Someone who doesn't have the character to act like an adult and take responsibility for his actions.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
  13. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    Not that it matters any longer but can you point me at something about "the Environmental case"? thanks

14. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Guardian of the GC Galaxy

Apr 3, 2007
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  15. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    Yep. I read it. Only in Trump-world could a judge whose decisions supported environmental groups 11% of the time and ruled favorably on lawsuits brought on behalf of wildlife only 4% of the time characterize himself as "a friend of the environment". With friends like that who needs enemas?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    Isnt thst whst you just advocsted???

17. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    And that would be bc his record is impeccable, ergo he is and remaims, eminently qualified...

....and why the left had to resort to character assaination.

18. reformedgator

reformedgator Premium Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Another 2 words-rank hypocrisy

19. reformedgator

reformedgator Premium Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Or when playing cards, the winners tell jokes & the losers yell deal.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    The intetnet wasnt even around when this shit was wriiten in a #$^#n HS YEAR BOOK.

Good Lord...

• Winner Winner x 1