Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Kavanaugh Hearing

Discussion in 'GC Hall of Fame' started by ursidman, Sep 4, 2018.

1. LouisvilleGator

LouisvilleGator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 16, 2012
    And if you truly believe anyone would ever be charged with perjury over that, you’re a horrible lawyer. I’m not trying to insult you. I’m just being honest. Nobody would ever be charged with perjury over that. As I have said before, if you truly have the time to spend here debating something you should know full well would never bring perjury charges, you are not very good at what you claim to do.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. llm85

llm85 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 1, 2011
    Naples
    Please tell us how you know what he knows.

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  3. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    When 54% of Republicans think a man guilty of sexual assault should still be confirmed to the Supreme Court, maybe you can understand how some would see that as putting party over country.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    You are trying to insult me. It's not the first time you've tried to insult me. You have a habit of acting petulant when you realize that you are cornered. Your little strawman argument here is a great example of that. Here are the posts that led up to mine:
    He has no fear of being charged with perjury. The Republicans control the judiciary. It would be incredibly difficult to get a perjury conviction based on those statements, but it doesn't change the facts here. He was dishonest while under oath. That is disqualifying for a SCOTUS Justice. Funny how you couldn't offer a real defense of the comments he made on the record.

I am very, very good at what I "claim" to do. That's what allows me to have so much control over my time.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    If you're not conceding that he lied, dignify us all with your wisdom. ;)

The fact that you can't offer a defense here speaks volumes.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Guardian of the GC Galaxy

Apr 3, 2007
    While I am sure you don't mean to, and appreciate you claiming you don't think it should really happen, the overall gist of your post insults sexual assault victims everywhere, and women generally, by trying to claim this is just a political attack on a man and political attacks should be waged on women in retaliation... even though these women claiming assaults have already been attacked both wrt their sexual history and with death threats in the case of Ford.

And as was mentioned long ago in this thread, Gorsuch went to the same school as Kavanaugh and had no such accusations against him.

If this was just political theater we'd have seen it there, too.

Peace.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  7. LouisvilleGator

Oct 16, 2012
    And why is that?

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    The materiality element

• Like Like x 1
  9. LouisvilleGator

Oct 16, 2012
    Go on.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
  11. LouisvilleGator

Oct 16, 2012
    Not to mention a competent lawyer could easily argue he was being truthful with those statements about the affidavits. If a witness simply cannot remember something happening, it's as good as it didn't happen, because the witness is there to testify what he or she witnessed in the first place. And I realize this wasn't a trial, but instead a job interview where anything goes (apparently), but most of these politicians are lawyers too. Besides Kav wasn't fooling anyone, as everyone and their brother have read the affidavits.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. diehardgator1

diehardgator1 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    The people she said were there that say they know nothing one of them her best friend is his prof

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. diehardgator1

diehardgator1 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Heidi is history poll out tonight she is Down 10

14. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    And a separate competent lawyer will crush those arguments by pointing out that he's a federal judge up for SCOTUS and a highly successful lawyer who was well aware of what the affidavits said (since he quoted them almost verbatim during his testimony at certain points). Kavanaugh knew what he was doing. I agree that he wasn't fooling the Senators. He was trying to fool the American people.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. diehardgator1

diehardgator1 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    About as bad as throwing ice. Of course when the ice melted the evidence melted

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Note to females: Avoid North Dakota.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
  17. JerseyGator01

JerseyGator01 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. GatorBen

GatorBen Premium Member

Apr 9, 2007
    White House has received the FBI’s supplemental reports, and they will be available for Senators and limited staff to review tomorrow morning.

Question now is likely whether McConnell files for cloture today or tomorrow. Filing today would put a cloture vote on Friday and a confirmation vote Saturday, filing tomorrow would put the cloture vote Saturday and a confirmation vote Sunday.

Could still file tonight if he wanted to, as the Senate is at least nominally being held in session.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Nawlens Gator

Nawlens Gator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Looks like forked tongue Ford's gig is about up.