Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Kamala Harris alternative facts about Berkeley integration of schools

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by gator_fever, Jul 10, 2018.

1. gator_fever

gator_fever GC Hall of Fame

Nov 3, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  2. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    I can't read the dates on those class photos. What year are they?

Nevermind, I found it. You probably should have linked the GatewayPundit where you got the story.
    Histories say the Berkeley integrated its public schools in 1968, and Harris would have started school in the next year or two. But Obviously, Berkeley High School was integrated before that, so I don't know if 1968 was the full integration or what.

btw - how'd you figure she was off by 20 years?

About Berkeley Unified School District | Berkeley Unified School District

A Landmark in School Racial Integration: Berkeley, California on JSTOR

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  3. gator_fever

Nov 3, 2013
    The yearbook is right there showing black students at the same school as whites in 1963. She was born in 64 I think after integration had took place in those Berkeley schools. The 20 year thing is because she states her lie like she would have been denied things because of being limited due to a segregated high school resume if she was born 2 years earlier and fails to mention she was schooled in Canada from a young age. Her whole statement was a complete lie and a joke basically.

4. Minister_of_Information

Minister_of_Information Under budget & ahead of schedule Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Mar-A-Lago
    I think her banging a married party boss thirty years her senior was significantly more instrumental in her political rise than Brown v. Board of Education.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. rivergator

Apr 8, 2007
    I realize you're just parroting GatewayPundit, but did you read how Berkeley schools became fully integrated in 1968?

6. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    This thread needs way too much independent research to know what is going on. That makes me more suspicious than the OPs claim of alternative facts, given track records.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. gator_fever

Nov 3, 2013
    It doesn't matter she just put a blatant lie out there and even using her 20 year Brown case remark - that is even 3 years after that nutty school had a gay dude serve as the dang prom queen there.

8. rivergator

Apr 8, 2007
    The fact is that Berkeley elementary schools didn't integrate until a year or two before she started in school. So she could have been in the second class.

9. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Yea. I assume she meant 2nd class to integrate from starting school thru graduation which adds up. I guess the point is that she owes nothing to integration?

10. wrpgator

wrpgator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2013
    Pictorial evidence shows that The Student Republican Club at Berkeley High was much larger than the Student Dem Club, and included more African-Americans. Diversity circa 1963.

11. grumpygator77

grumpygator77 GC Legend

Nov 26, 2017
    Funny how a president that lies on the regular brings out the most obscure and insignificant "lies" the right can find regarding their latest "lefty" villain.

• Winner Winner x 3
  12. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Guardian of the GC Galaxy Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    It's crap that Harris or any other politician lies like was done in the OP. And they should be held accountable.

But in an environment where the POTUS does it several times a day every day on average, how do you set any kind of baseline for expectations of integrity?

13. rivergator

Apr 8, 2007
    the GOP took care of that though, didn't they?

14. g8orbill

g8orbill Old Gator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Clermont, Fl
    lol - Kamala is a piece of work-she and mad max are 2 peas in a pod and the areas they represent follow them like the mice followed the pied piper

15. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    And today's Republican Party is much more like the Southern wing of the Democrat Party circa 1963 than the Republican Party of the that era. For example, the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was enacted with the support of Republicans. When the Supreme Court in Brown v Board of Education held school segregation unconstitutional it was under Chief Justice Earl Warren, a former Republican Governor of California. When Nixon ran for president in 1960 he was a greater advocate for civil rights than John F. Kennedy. He completely shifted in 1968 adopting the "Southern strategy" which marked the real shift of the party from the party of Lincoln to the party of Strum Thurmond.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. wrpgator

wrpgator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2013
    No, the left did that with their identity politics.

17. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer Premium Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Yea, we need something original here. You already used that one for Hillary. :emoji_smile:

How about Crazy Kamala or Corrupt Kamala or Cheatin' Kamala or Cranky Kamala or Killer Kamala? Okay, yea, the last one sounds more like a term of endearment.

No, the right did that with their white identity politics.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  18. wrpgator

wrpgator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2013
    Convenient meager version of history there Virginny. For at least 50 [LBJ's so-called Great Society] years it's been the goal of the left in this country to divide this nation along class, race and now gender in an attempt to gather support from various 'victim' groups. The seductive web of identity politics. The black community, the Hispanic community, the LGBLT community, the Muslim community, the (good heavens!) un-documented immigrant community, and on and on--victims all. One Nation, indivisible? What happened to E Pluribus Unum? LBJ: 'Gentlemen, if we pass this, the [expletive deleted, racial slur] will vote for us for the next hundred years".
    Thomas Sowell had much to say about this subject:

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    She was born in 1964. I doubt she started school at age 4.

20. philobeddoe

philobeddoe Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    So, Kamalalala should lie because the Donald lies?

M