Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Kaleigh McEnany

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by QGator2414, May 29, 2020.

1. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    • Funny Funny x 7
  2. GatorGuyDallas

GatorGuyDallas VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Plano, Texas
    Yep - she's a clear thinking truth teller.

"To me, a racist statement is a racist statement. I don't like what Donald Trump said," she said. "Donald Trump has shown himself to be a showman, I don't think he is a serious candidate," she added. "I think it is a sideshow. It's not within the mainstream of the candidates." "I appreciate his boldness and I think some of his rhetoric got the base excited, but it is not welcome rhetoric," she said. "Some of the things we heard in his speech when he said, when Mexico sends people across the border, they're sending criminals and rapists and maybe some good people. Look, the GOP doesn't need to be turning away voters and isolating them. We need to be bringing them into the tent. Donald Trump is the last person who's going to do that." "I want to make clear, I don't support what Donald Trump said," she added. "I think he said something very unartful, very inappropriate."

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  3. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    God put her on earth to be a pathological liar with a mission to defend another pathological liar and fascist?

God has some very weird plans indeed...

Last edited: May 29, 2020
    • Like x 6
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Come On Man x 1
  4. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    I’m assuming these quotes were before she got put on the Trump payroll? There’s a word for people who sell themselves for money. It rhymes with bore.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. pkaib01

pkaib01 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    She isn't a truth-teller, but she is really good at her job. She's quick on her feet, always gets in an extra job, often is able to turn the question back on the reporter. The thing that impresses me most is that she often refers to her notes when she does actually answer a question. This shows that she is putting in the work the job requires. She has spent some time thinking about what questions she is likely to get and done the preparation to be ready to answer those questions.

The first little while I thought she just looked great because she was getting compared to Huckabee and Spicer, but she really is good at the job.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. GatorGuyDallas

Apr 3, 2007
    Plano, Texas
    She is sharp and prepared. If her job is to truthfully inform the american public, she fails frequently. I think that is actually the job. If her job is to deflect and spin and find a way to twist words, she is indeed very talented.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
  8. FutureGatorMom

FutureGatorMom Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    Agree with this 100%. I called her "Bobble Head Barbie" when I would see her after Trump was the nominee. She would talk and bob her head up and down - must be a subconscious thing she does when she lies. The obvious two face 180 turn around she did just shows she gave up her morals and values just to have someone with an R next to their name. I'm not impressed.

• Like Like x 1
  9. NavyGator93

NavyGator93 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2015
    Georgia
    I have only seen her a little but she does seem more prepared than the last 20 or so people trump had in that job.
    As stated, her job is to deflect, spin and lie. She seems to be pretty good at that. For the politicians she speaks for in Washington (mostly old, fat white guys), I am sure they find her attractive and that helps.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I wouldn't kick her out of bed. I would kick her out of the house.

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    The job is actually to both inform and spin. But with Trump these press secretaries are being asked not just to “spin”, but are actually required to counter-program against reality. People who love this country and love democratic freedoms call this what it is: propaganda.

The problem with this woman is she didn’t just get pulled out of nowhere and get asked to do an impossible job. She was anti-Trump. Then somewhere during the 2016 campaign she became a Trump lackey. Presumably because she was put on the payroll. Her entire world view is for sale to the highest bidder. This is how she got the job, she’s willing to say whatever you want if you pay her to do it. It’s actually sad. I guess she views it as a client relationship, like any other publicist. Id have slightly less of an issue with this if she just worked for the campaign, problem is she’s now being paid by the people.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. GatorGuyDallas

Apr 3, 2007
    Plano, Texas
    As with many things Trump, a "normal" thing - massaging the message to put the administration in a good light - has been turned into an abnormal thing; spreading propaganda.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. FutureGatorMom

FutureGatorMom Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    Notice how everyone who gets in front of a microphone says something like "With your leadership Mr. President......." Must be a prerequisite to get microphone time.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Guardian of the GC Galaxy Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Alternative facts. Disinformation. Propaganda... often Russian sourced. And propagated.

It's the new normal.

It sucks. But it is normal for this administration.

Part and parcel of an over arching banana republic approach to governance, rubber stamped by McConnell and crew.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. cocodrilo

Apr 8, 2007
    Anagrams for Kaleigh McEnany:

Lame Yacking Hen
    Alack Enemy Nigh

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. ga8orman1

ga8orman1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I love how she hands every snarky questioner (not reporter cuz none of them are really reporters) their collective butts every time. Beautiful to watch.

• Winner x 3
    • Disagree x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Creative x 1
  17. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Who cares if she's actually telling the truth or covering up another Trump lie. As long as she owns the "questioners," then the Pubs are happy. This is the Trump platform in a nutshell. Anything that pisses off liberals is good, regardless of what that thing is.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I'm sure a certain segment of the population does look at her this way. That strikes me as odd.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. cocodrilo

Apr 8, 2007
    All cults are odd.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  20. Balbanes

Balbanes All American

Oct 7, 2014
    And they wonder why organized religion is hemmhorraging followers and has been for generations now (millennials and gen z). :rolleyes:

Atheism on the rise around the globe

• Like Like x 4