Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

Justus Boone Commit #12

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by hhpgator, Feb 26, 2020.

1. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    UF isn't doing special edits and then having the position coach celebrating on twitter for a kid without an offer

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Word is the Coaches love the guy and think he has great upside. With the board stacked, they would not take the commit if they didn't like him.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    Yea this isn't a Jeremiah Johnson situation where it was an awkward "commit"

4. atlantagator86

atlantagator86 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Alpharetta, GA
    Interesting note on Boone on 247 is that at 6'5", he has the frame to gain weight to become a DT and has good speed and good hands. I wonder if that might be the plan to make him an athletic DT.

While he's 3 stars, he's our second highest 3 star and would have a good chance to become 4 stars. If the coaches like him enough to take him this early, I like him.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  5. 4RoswellGators

4RoswellGators Junior

Apr 3, 2007
    I noticed him tweeting this week ("thanks for the offer and love UF") and actually looked him up yesterday since I have never heard his name. He's a powerful player and has huge upside. VERY happy to have him a Gator.

Does anyone else feel our 2021 class could be one of the top 3 defensive classes in UF history? We are legit contenders for some absolute studs. If Palmetto kids decide to be Gators ... plus Langston, Harvey, Lewis, Adeleye, Collier, etc... damn!

Plus I love the fact that we place a lot of emphasis on the boys who play on the LOS. Give me a great OL and DL over the little fast kids.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    But that’s the thing, board is stacked. Too soon ?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. StrangeGator

StrangeGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    Yes, the board is stacked and yes, there are a lot of higher rated DEs but I suspect we're going to sign a lot of DEs this cycle after cleaning up at DT in 2020. Boone's frame is ideal for Grantham's defense, lean enough to play on the weak side edge but big enough to play SSDE or possibly grow into a DT. Getting Boone in the fold might put some pressure on Langston to recommit.

FYI, UF's 12 commits are the most of any program in the top 25. UF's class is currently ranked #3.

8. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2013
    Yeah Dunlap's dad owns a bail bonds business here in north Charleston about 4 miles from my store and is a customer of mine from time to time. Haven't met Carlos personally but he held a football camp at fort Dorchester last year and was present for that. Sumter is a nice hour + hike up I26 toward Columbia.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Okay but you realize we need two more DT/DL this cycle? The four we signed is just an every-other-year at georgia Bama and LSU.

I am aware. Still... early? Staff seems to grab an off the radar or two early, presumably to make sure we have enough position bodies when the ink dries on a cycle. It didn’t seem like we needed to for next cycle exactly because staff appears to be hitting their stride.

10. gator_n_sc

Oct 8, 2013
    Theres a bunch of people moving there too though lol. This whole place is over crowded. Feels like its doubled in population/traffic over the last 17 years smh

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Ahab

Ahab GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Apparently UGA and Penn State just offered him as well. Looks good on film with a nice frame to grow into. I like this pickup! Welcome Justus!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Dunlap might have lived in Summerville - I only know that he went to Ft. Dorchester HS, which is in North Charleston. But Summerville isn’t that far away and may be zoned for North Charleston schools. The article said Boone is from Sumter.

13. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Then let’s watch what Todd Grantham can do with these guys. Anybody wanting to run off Grantham needs his head examined.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. ncg8or

ncg8or GC Legend

May 28, 2007
    Yep, we'll have to keep our fingers crossed this one holds. All the schools around SC are after him (USC, UGA, GT, UNC, NC State) and others like Oklahoma, PSU, Tennessee, etc.,.

Looks like he'll be in town next weekend for our big JR day helping bring others onboard.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Maybe this player is just criminally underrated. If the coaches like him then... okay.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. mdfgator

mdfgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    San Francisco
    Somebody gets it. Rankings are far from perfect especially this early in the process. This kids legit.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
  17. GratorGator

GratorGator GC Legend

Nov 14, 2015
    Hey, even if he is a 1 or 2 year starter later in his career, we need stability and leadership along with talent. Trust the coaches.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. gator_n_sc

Oct 8, 2013
    Nah, actually summerville greenwave (former home of the winningest coach of all time john Mckissick) is located in the best school district around here in Dorchester county district 2, whereas ft. Dorchester is part of good ol Charleston county which is....let's just say a tier below lol.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  19. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    Right or even if he doesn't develop into a starter, we need quality SEC depth. If he becomes a Jeremiah Moon type of player for us playing time and production wise, i'm ALLLLLL for it.

20. twodaparty

twodaparty GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Yup. His offers are spilling in and he’s already a 4 star on ESPN so it’s not like the dude is flying completely under the radar. This guy is an easy consensus 4 star when all is said and done. And who knows with his offer list growing he can become a real blue chip recruit.

• Winner Winner x 1