Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Justice Dept Drops Flynn case

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Gator515151, May 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gaterzfan

gaterzfan GC Legend

Feb 6, 2020
    LOL, only apparent to someone Believing the distorted hyper partisan nonsense fed to them.

2. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer Premium Member

Oct 30, 2017
    The Logan Act requires a person to be "an active Russian agent"?

No, I'm right. There was a predicate for an opening an investigation, and Flynn's call with the Ambassador plus his lying to Pence gave more than enough predicate to interview him. Swing and a miss.

All of this is wrong. It absolutely matters if Flynn lied. The ridiculous 302 nonsense you keep bringing up is irrelevant if you concede that Flynn in fact lied.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. tampajack1

tampajack1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Read the Mueller report. Mueller’s a Republican, but he’s also a patriot who believes in finding and revealing the truth.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. gaterzfan

gaterzfan GC Legend

Feb 6, 2020
    That’s about the funniest thing I’ve read on too hot for swamp gas in a while.

5. CaptUSMCNole

CaptUSMCNole GC Hall of Fame

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    The Logan Act really? Come on. That would also be a criminal act and require a criminal investigation, not a counter Intel investigation.

There was no predicate for the FBI to investigate Flynn based on the transcripts. The CI Investigation was scheduled to be closed and the transcripts clearly showed that Flynn was not a willing agent of Russia. You can use exculpatory evidence to re-start a case. You’re wrong.

If the FBI was concerned about what Flynn said to Pence, they could have asked him about it or just told the White House. They did neither.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. gator_lawyer

Oct 30, 2017
    Except for the fact that Flynn lied to Pence and left himself open to Russian blackmail, as I just told you.

Repeating the same wrong claim over and over doesn't make it less wrong.

The FBI was concerned, interviewed him, and found that he lied to them just as he lied to Pence. It became clear at that point that Flynn was willing to break the law to conceal what he did, which made him an even bigger threat to national security. He was then fired and prosecuted. Good riddance.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. CaptUSMCNole

CaptUSMCNole GC Hall of Fame

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    I’m sorry but you restating you’re position that the FBI could go and interview Flynn using exculpatory evidence of being a Russian agent is still incorrect. It was clear that Flynn was not a witting Russian agent by those transcripts. If the FBI was worried about blackmail, they could have briefed Pence and Trump. They did not and in doing so, Comey and McCabe showed their hand on why they ignored protocols and sent agents in question the man, who they were eventually have to tell they had investigated him under a IC predict.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. gator_lawyer

Oct 30, 2017
    You're arguing against a straw man of your own creation. Stop wasting my time.

The FBI is not required to do that.

Comey and McCabe ignoring internal protocols is not relevant to whether Flynn committed a crime. This is a red herring.

• Winner Winner x 2
  9. PerSeGator

PerSeGator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2014
    Feel free to point out what part of Section 1001 requires the FBI to go to the White House before interviewing a subject. While you're at it, why don't you also point out where it requires the FBI to notify the subject that they are aware of his past lies.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. OklahomaGator

OklahomaGator Jedi Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    We have two Flynn threads going, I am going to lock this, take all conversation to the other thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.